Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

I feel the same way. I only buy blu's if it's a movie I love and want to watch often or if it's mad cheap. $10-$13. They go on sale often now.
i was thinking the same thing... technology is always changing and improving.

i had around 200 dvds before. now i only got about 30 blurays

Nick the collection is crazy, but I really dig the setup. 
pimp.gif

I currently have my collection placed up against my shelf, but I'm only around 75 blu-ray's so far. 

i was thinking the same thing... technology is always changing and improving.
i had around 200 dvds before. now i only got about 30 blurays

Same here. Even got the complete LOTR extended trilogy dvds still wrapped in the plastic, tell myself one of these days I'm gonna marathon the whole thing in one sitting :lol:

Last edited:
what yall gonna do with all those blu rays with 4k tvs on their way and blu-ray gets phased out? :lol:
used to be a big dvd collector, i've learned to calm down my movie purchases with blu rays now that my dvds are collecting dust

hmmm..a $20,000, 84+ inch, 4K TV or a $10 blu ray with my $1500 55 inch LED?
FOH
We good for a long while...

-J-

what yall gonna do with all those blu rays with 4k tvs on their way and blu-ray gets phased out? :lol:
used to be a big dvd collector, i've learned to calm down my movie purchases with blu rays now that my dvds are collecting dust

I don' think that 4K will prevail for a loooong time. Most people still don't see the benefits of watching blu ray over DVD 6 years after the blu ray format was released, so I can't imagine how long it will take for an average person to want 4K over 2K. With 4K you need to buy a huge *** TV to see the difference benefits over HD in the first place.

Anyway, really glad that this is coming out:

whitemencantjump.jpg

Just picked up titanic 3d for 25 at best buy. Includes both 3d and regular blu ray along with digital copyGood watch haven't seen it Ina while. Worth the $25 in my opinion

I like to watch movies on DVD and BLURAY, there both fine by me. And what else comes out in the future ill watch those as well. Always loved buying movies either way.

I picked up Hunger Games and Snow White/Huntsman the last few days, as well as the OG 4 Supermans on like one disk for 10 bucks. :lol: I already had the second Superman, but not the Original which is really the only 2 I wanted.

Pumped for Avengers next week, and sounds like Spiderman will be early November, with TDKR late November (I'd be surprised if that's not out before Black Friday tho)

That White Men Can't Jump should be sweet, and I have all the Tarantino's already, I just want True Romance on Blu, that movie is one of thee most underrated films I've seen. The Walken/Hopper scene was incredible.

This is the crappy set up I have runnin right now. Bunch of mixed matched shelves and crap. :smh: But works for now til I win the lottery I don't play. :lol:

Still pickin thru some of the older Bonds I want to get too, the new stuff from this year (add Prometheus to what I mentioned above, should be wild on Blu) and other ones I pick up along the way.

Release for the rest of the year:

Today:
Indian Jones: Box Set
Devil's Advocate
Halloween II
Halloween III

September 25th
Avengers
Bond 50th Anniversary (All 22 Bond films)
Porky's

October 1st:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

October 9th
E.T.
Dial M for Murder
WWE: CM Punk Best In the World
Red Dawn
Little Shop of Horrors (Director's Cut)

October 11th:
Prometheus

October 16th:
Madmen Season 5
Looney Tunes Vol. 2
A League of Their Own

October 23rd:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

October 30th
WWE: Brock Lesnar Here Comes The Pain

November 6th:
They Live
WWE: New World Order
White Men Can't Jump (WalMart Exclusive)

November 9th:
The Amazing Spider-Man

November 11th:
Entourage: Complete Series

November 13th:
Lawrence of Arabia
Savages
The Watch
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Friends Complete Series
Harold & Kumar (3 Movies)
2 Days in New York
**** Van **** Show Complete Series

November 20th:
WWE: The Attitude Era
The Expendables 2

November 30th
Men In Black 3

December 4th
Finding Nemo
Catch Me If You Can
Eastbound & Down Season 3
Simpsons Season 15

December 7th
The Dark Knight Rises

December 11th
Ted
Bourne Legacy
Ice Age: Continental Drift

December 18th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

There's a lot more than I listed... I just put what I thought would interest people here. There's also a Hitchcock Collection and Buster Keaton collection set that movie buffs may want

Last edited:
Had that NOES collection since last year, and I figured WB would release the same package to the US as they did the UK. 

Saw the prometheus blu ray commercial. Coppin this week.

Says it will answer alot of questions.

December 18th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

will there be a new TMNT og movie boxed set? I missed out on the old one and it's going for quite a bit more now which was making me hesitant in pulling the trigger.

Had that NOES collection since last year, and I figured WB would release the same package to the US as they did the UK. 

Got it for 34 bucks and change after the 5$ discount for the dvd i brought in and a 5$ reward zone gift certificate. got 5$ off all of them except for Blair Witch and Hannibal which were under 9.99

Back
Top Bottom