~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

Originally Posted by ninjahood

for the record no domestic is messin with jdm ever homie. whatever a domestic has the japanese have somethign ahead of it.
oh really? where's da JDM answer to da CTS-V?
laugh.gif

when is honda gonna decide to actually make a rear wheel drive car?
grin.gif

at least german heads show respect cuz they know betta...JDM cats apparently like being wrong.

what?

Im about to ether you.

Only reason American muscle cars did so well in the 60's 70's is because of WW2.
America was basically the only country (wealthy developed country) that was able to produce goods after the war.
Germany and Japan was still recovering while american car manufacturers were the only ones producing automobiles, so there was no standard of quality.
enter TQM(total quality management), Japanese people adopt this system to heart, thats why you see there cars lasting well over 150K.
I dont see any muscle cars with that high of mileage that havent been restored.
And nothing needs be said about German makes. EUROS >>>>>*

Originally Posted by shaolin

for the record no domestic is messin with jdm ever homie. whatever a domestic has the japanese have somethign ahead of it.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

at least german heads show respect cuz they know betta...JDM cats apparently like being wrong.

what?

Im about to ether you.

Only reason American muscle cars did so well in the 60's 70's is because of WW2.
America was basically the only country (wealthy developed country) that was able to produce goods after the war.
Germany and Japan was still recovering while american car manufacturers were the only ones producing automobiles, so there was no standard of quality.
enter TQM(total quality management), Japanese people adopt this system to heart, thats why you see there cars lasting well over 150K.
I dont see any muscle cars with that high of mileage that havent been restored. th
And nothing needs be said about German makes. EUROS >>>>>*

thats all you got son?
laugh.gif
if musclecars never had quality issues in theirheyday...only reason honda, toyota, etc. even got taken seriously in da US was after da oil crisis and people

opted for small cheap cars after 1975 and da insurance companies PUNISHED anyone who still ownedbig powerful musclecars..do your homework.

i got somethin for you ninjahood, prove me wrong if you can.

This is somethin your gonna like too, strictly off numbers.

e46 m3 333hp 255lb of torque 0-60 in 3.7 sec
dodge srt8 425hp 420lb of torque 0-60 in 5.4 sec

seems like the m3 is takin you by 2 seconds. and its almost 100 less hp and 165 less lbs of torque....

where's ya hp and torque now homie??

gooooot eeeemm!!

nobody tried to make this into a war, but lets be 7 year olds and point the finger and say "you started it"

some of us are just tryna lay down some legitimate knowledge, just take it for its worth.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Porsche > All

jeep srt truck > porsche turbo truck

I see your 16k post count, e-rep and closet full of og heat but STOP
laugh.gif

did you really just say Jeep > Porsche? really?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

You cant read numbers then either.

14 vs 13.

Go figure.
Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 104 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/08q4/2009_infiniti_g37_sport_sedan-short_take_road_test

[table][tr][td]1/4 Mile ET:[/td] [td]13.209[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1/4 Mile MPH:[/td] [td]108.660[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Charger-Timeslip-14735.html

oh someone is wrong
laugh.gif

shhhhhhhhhhhh.......
dragtimes?

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]1/4 Mile ET:[/td] [td]13.700[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1/4 Mile MPH:[/td] [td]101.290[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]http://www.dragtimes.com/...-G37-Timeslip-16831.html

according to numourous sources, the charger does 14.3...not that imaginary 13.2
yea, looks like you still wrong
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Torque babi
smokin.gif
..how else u think a massive car like a charger can go so fast?

14735-2008-Dodge-Charger-Timeslip.jpg
_ go hit up edmonds, car and driver, motortrend and look up the specs of a stock charger...they do the quarter in 14.3

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of all-around performance that is simply remarkable in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in the low 5-second range, quarter-mile time in under 14 seconds, braking distance from 60 mph in approximately 110 feet and 0.89 g on the skid pad. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in less than 17 seconds.
http://www.namc.us/news/2007-dodge-charger-srt8.html

The 2009 Dodge Charger SRT8 delivers benchmark performance for a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in the low five-second range, quarter-mile time in under 14 seconds, braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet and 0.89 g on the skid pad. The Dodge Charger SRT8 also accomplishes SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in less than 17 seconds.
http://lethistorylive.com...er-srt8-price-photo.html

The Dodge Charger looks good and has true muscle-car-like V-8 performance, but can it hold its own in the corners? The answer, based on repeated drives by TheCarConnection.com editors, is a resounding "yes." The Dodge Charger sits on top of a chassis that was developed when Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz were still together, and it serves quite well on the Charger. The Charger handles nicely and accelerates even better, with the Dodge Charger SRT8 offering sub-14-second quarter-mile times and a top speed of over 150 mph. Even with the base V-6 engine, performance is satisfying--though it's not much more fuel-efficient than the V-8s. Steering isn't the most communicative, but the Charger can be hustled around a hairpin corner with surprising ease.
http://www.autotrader.com...5/2009-dodge-charger.jsp

off to bed i go...

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

seems like the m3 is takin you by 2 seconds. and its almost 100 less hp and 165 less lbs of torque....

gooooot eeeemm!!

nobody tried to make this into a war, but lets be 7 year olds and point the finger and say "you started it"

some of us are just tryna lay down some legitimate knowledge, just take it for its worth.
i bet he'll bring price into this

gooooot eeeemm!!

it also has four doors and is more family friendly cause it can tow a big #%% fishing boat too.

Porsche > All

come on son your killin me!!

did you just really pick a jeep over a porsche? for what factors? maybe just speed? everything else besides that takes a dookie on the jeep man

2009-mansory-porsche-cayenne-955-front-side-588x392.jpg
>
JeepSRT_2575b.jpg

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

You cant read numbers then either.

14 vs 13.

Go figure.
Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 104 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/08q4/2009_infiniti_g37_sport_sedan-short_take_road_test

[table][tr][td]1/4 Mile ET:[/td] [td]13.209[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1/4 Mile MPH:[/td] [td]108.660[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Charger-Timeslip-14735.html

oh someone is wrong
laugh.gif

shhhhhhhhhhhh.......
dragtimes?

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]1/4 Mile ET:[/td] [td]13.700[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1/4 Mile MPH:[/td] [td]101.290[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]http://www.dragtimes.com/...-G37-Timeslip-16831.html

according to numourous sources, the charger does 14.3...not that imaginary 13.2
yea, looks like you still wrong
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Torque babi
smokin.gif
..how else u think a massive car like a charger can go so fast?

14735-2008-Dodge-Charger-Timeslip.jpg
_ go hit up edmonds, car and driver, motortrend and look up the specs of a stock charger...they do the quarter in 14.3

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of all-around performance that is simply remarkable in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in the low 5-second range, quarter-mile time in under 14 seconds, braking distance from 60 mph in approximately 110 feet and 0.89 g on the skid pad. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in less than 17 seconds.
http://www.namc.us/news/2007-dodge-charger-srt8.html

The 2009 Dodge Charger SRT8 delivers benchmark performance for a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in the low five-second range, quarter-mile time in under 14 seconds, braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet and 0.89 g on the skid pad. The Dodge Charger SRT8 also accomplishes SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in less than 17 seconds.
http://lethistorylive.com...er-srt8-price-photo.html

The Dodge Charger looks good and has true muscle-car-like V-8 performance, but can it hold its own in the corners? The answer, based on repeated drives by TheCarConnection.com editors, is a resounding "yes." The Dodge Charger sits on top of a chassis that was developed when Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz were still together, and it serves quite well on the Charger. The Charger handles nicely and accelerates even better, with the Dodge Charger SRT8 offering sub-14-second quarter-mile times and a top speed of over 150 mph. Even with the base V-6 engine, performance is satisfying--though it's not much more fuel-efficient than the V-8s. Steering isn't the most communicative, but the Charger can be hustled around a hairpin corner with surprising ease.
http://www.autotrader.com...5/2009-dodge-charger.jsp

off to bed i go...

fixed.

2s9epeh.jpg

tongue.gif

obviously..how much MORE you payin to beat me by 2 seconds
laugh.gif
wink.gif

you can't even get a decent 3 series brand new for 40k
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Porsche > All

come on son your killin me!!

did you just really pick a jeep over a porsche? for what factors? maybe just speed? everything else besides that takes a dookie on the jeep man

2009-mansory-porsche-cayenne-955-front-side-588x392.jpg
>
JeepSRT_2575b.jpg
i seen that edit, stop being slick
laugh.gif

jeep cost 1/2 da price and goes siginificantly faster...you gettin WAY more wit da jeep

laugh.gif

grin.gif

2jzgte engine homie....

youtube it and we'll see whos laughin then.

Honda's focus initially was never to be this big on the street.

Although i will agree with you that, after seeing all this reaction

they are slippin up by not givin us a RWD yet
grin.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif

grin.gif

2jzgte engine homie....

youtube it and we'll see whos laughin then.

Honda's focus initially was never to be this big on the street.

Although i will agree with you that, after seeing all this reaction

they are slippin up by not givin us a RWD yet
grin.gif

Honda-NSX-72857.jpg

i love all type of cars... the camero and the cts.... the new cts is mean.. even car and driver said the auto was better then the manual... the camero wouldlook better if it didnt have the chrome around the tail lights... is it me or does a red camero look like lighting mcqueen from cars?....
the thing i hate about some of the american car companies is lazy designers... you can say if it aint broke dont fix it... but why cant you make your cars lookdifferent?
chevy used the same grill on on there damn cars and so did caddy..

9 outta 10 times i would pick a JDM over a domestic given category with price and options....

Cliffs for anyone that wants them:

1. MMN and RRM have exquisite taste when it comes to automobiles.

2. YoungTriz likes tricked out minivans.

3. ninjahood don't know a damn thing about cars.

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

1. MMN and RRM have exquisite taste when it comes to automobiles.

2. YoungTriz likes tricked out minivans.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but naw I give Ninjahood some kudos, not many people know about the concept of torque.

Stop it.

You in here repping domestics like you're a big wig at GM and you whipping a Camry, your Mom's Camry at that.

I like domestics but we're way behind when it comes to vehicles, let's be real.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

2. YoungTriz likes tricked out minivans. honda odyssey
fixed
laugh.gif

this +*@$ came outta left field
27y0i1v.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom