Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Anyone ever deal with rtrjersey when trying to sell? I was trying to move my Ray Allen M&N and he lowballed me with the excuse that was all he had to spend. He had one he just flipped for I'm sure what he offered me.

there is only one instance where i would fool with RTR. if its a m&n jersey i'm buying thats a non kobe or jordan. other than that, i wont buy or sell to him.

but be realistic as well. if you have a brand new MN that retails for 300. to ask 280 for it from him is just not gonna happen.

matter of fact, that wont happen period. even a brand spanking new MN jersey is only worth about 66% of what it is worth brand new from MN. 300 dollar jerseys sit for 190 all day on ebay. unless its a hot hot jersey...and there are only a few of those

theres a dude on there w/ a brand new julius erving sixers. he wants 185 and cant get it to save his life. he wont budge an inch and he will NEVER sell it at 185. he may have takers at

Last edited:
I understand that. My asking was nowhere near $280. I would have moved it a month ago on eBay, but the buyer said he wasn't paying for the item.

How do you feel selling your stuff to him then him turning it around for a profit?

Last edited:
He sits on stuff for months. I take a hit for a quick and easy sale without worrying about scams or charge backs. I lost a lot of cash I could have made elsewhere but how long it would have took it sell all those jerseys for more... It would have never happened. NTers don't really buy jerseys and if they do it's gotta be cheap. Hell it took me months to sell my Hakeem jersey for $150

I understand that. My asking was nowhere near $280. I would have moved it a month ago on eBay, but the buyer said he wasn't paying for the item.

How do you feel selling your stuff to him then him turning it around for a profit?

i. myself am not worried about what the next man makes off of a transaction. find a price youre cool with and settle for that.

RTR is a guy who truly doesnt understand the time vs. money curve. he may get his asking price for every jersey he has listed eventually. but what good does that do if he has to hold on to them for 2 years to get his money back?

honestly, jerseys are just not a good investment. that is why none of the smart guys here buy at retail...and its why they dont bother selling after they buy them for the most part.

there is only 3 jerseys that i am willing to pay retail for if released again. barkley suns/sixers and 96 all star jordan (MN of course)

RTR bugs a lot of guys here too because as mentioned, he'll lowball the hell out of us for something, give lame excuses or whatever all the while thinking about his mark-ups. But if you try to negotiate prices with him, he just won't have it, or his pricing is so outrageous, bringing the price down a little is STILL more than some of us will pay.

I don't mind if someone flips what I sell them because at the end of the day I made the sale I was comfortable with. Like Zyzz said I'd rather make the sale then sit on stuff haggling over $25. I sold my Mags and hoverboard etc to a local guy for $4600 in Feb. I heard he flipped it all for 8K. I don't know if it's true...but hey good for him. I would not have found a buyer for that price so I was happy with what I made.

Well, it's actually safe to say that everyone wish to sell his jerseys at the "fair price".

But what is the "fair price". My definition of fair price is "the higher price the buyer is willing to pay that is also the lowest price the seller is able to take in exchange of it's item".

That is the main rule of the game to me

Well, it's actually safe to say that everyone wish to sell his jerseys at the "fair price".
But what is the "fair price". My definition of fair price is "the higher price the buyer is willing to pay that is also the lowest price the seller is able to take in exchange of it's item".

That is the main rule of the game to me

We can all agree on that to an extent...but on the whole I have not seen one guy in here who thinks RTR has "fair" pricing...

Appreicate it bro. I've been on the hunt for a sonics Ewing for a while now... But I won't drop that sort of cash for it..

It's definitely steep, but at the very least I would hit him up with a max offer Paypal invoice. Worst dude says is no.

It's definitely steep, but at the very least I would hit him up with a max offer Paypal invoice. Worst dude says is no.
Did that as soon as you posted...im waiting for a response still...
wink.gif

Last edited:
^dont be fooled by sold auctions on ebay. If it seems odd, 90% of the time the auction was shill bidded up.

Ebay reeks of corruption. If i was a rich programming wizard, id start my own site

Last edited:
What's with the tag on the Kobe?
It's was taken off before I had it. The guy I took it told me the jersey was given by Kobe to Adidas when he signed his shoes contract as a rookie.
Adidas took the Nike tag off to sew an Adidas (there is sign of something missing in that place).
The jersey has all the specs of a gamer, except for this size tag. About the story, well I don't really care about it :smile:

Selling jerseys is such a pain. Trying to get fair market value is like pulling teeth, I don't envy the days of listing and relisting and answering stupid questions and lowballers. If I ever decide to sell my collection I may just pay someone to do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom