Official Atlanta Hawks 2011-2012 Thread

So apparently every team with some sense wants Jamal Crawford. Indy, Chicago, NJ, Phoenix, N.O., & Portland. Chicago and Orlando are looking to do a sign and trade since they are over the cap. I wouldn't mind a Keith Bogans/Kyle Korver/Ronnie Brewer if they just HAVE to trade him. Bogans can score sporadically plus he plays good D, we all know what Korver can do but he is less of an Offensive threat, and Ronnie Brewer is just a solid all around player. Nothing he does will blow you away but everything he does is acceptable. As for the Magic....aside from Jameer/D12/J.Rich nothing they have is attractive in a trade. 

Also, since Hinrich is out for a while and they don't want to resign Jamal we need to make a move at a legit combo guard, those don't come cheap. 

From Steven A. Smith's twitter: If only this was from like 7 years ago 
laugh.gif

stephenasmith Stephen A Smith 

I'm hearing T-Mac will go to Atlanta unless Chicago makes a comparable offer

stephenasmith Stephen A Smith 

Btw...I know I said Tracy McGrady may go to Chicago. But now I'm hearing they don't want to offer the $$$. That means he'll head to Atlanta.

T-Mac still gets it going every blue moon. I may be a lil bias since i use to be a big T-mac fan, but i think he could fill Jamal's role effectively.
Not as good scoring, but Drew tried to make Jamal run the offense and T-Mac can do that way better.

I wouldnt mind having Brewer on the team though. His defense is way better than JJ's.

We need to find a way to get Marvin motivated or get rid of the bum.

For some reason I think Josh Smith will be traded soon
just saw video of marvin williams 
eek.gif
 he looks good and dont walk like a duck any more
laugh.gif

ESPN.com news services

Tracy McGrady has agreed to a 1-year, veteran-minimum dealwith the Atlanta Hawks, asource close to the situation told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

McGrady, a 6-foot-8 shooting guard, played for the Detroit Pistons last season. He averaged 8.0 points and 23.4minutes per game for the Pistons
indifferent.gif
, appearing in 72 gmaes and starting 39.

Once one of theleague's most prolific scorers, McGrady, now a 15-year-veteran, has beenhampered by injuries over the past few seasons.

[font='Times New Roman', serif]Yay?
grin.gif
[/font]

We signed him for the vet minimum, that's a steal considering the talent that tends to be at that level, we still have MLE and I'm hearing about sending Jamal somewhere in an S & T, not bad if you ask me.

Yeah Marvin did look good, that back surgery HAD to of helped him in some ways...I expect Marvin to have a good season because you look at when his drop off came when we got Jamal, that really limited his shots. I'm expecting about 15 6 and 2, but that's just me being hopeful.

Hope Atlanta does trade Josh Smith. Get rid of Marvin though. It's no way that Atlanta could put together a package for Paul or Howard?

Originally Posted by jsmith42

Hope Atlanta does trade Josh Smith. Get rid of Marvin though. It's no way that Atlanta could put together a package for Paul or Howard?

from what I read on hawksquak they are eyeing chris paul 

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Originally Posted by jsmith42

from what I read on hawksquak they are eyeing chris paul 
Man who aint in the running for cp3. Aside from moving Joe's terrible contract, which no one wants to take on, we dont have what N.O. would need. Plus, they are owned by the NBA. They want to sell them so they need to keep them attractive to potential buyers. 
If we called about Otis Smith about D12 we'd get the
indifferent.gif
 followed by 
laugh.gif

hawks should go after deandre jordan in FA, maybe do a sign and trade and get rid of marvin and maybe a 1st rd pick since the clips need a sf

teague
joe johnson
josh smith (although hes not as versatile, he can still play the 3)
al horford
deandre jordan

just a suggestion

Glad to see a Hawks thread this active! Let's keep it going!

Off the bat, this is my take on giving JJ the big contract...

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't move. Don't sign him and we end up overpaying for John Salmons or somebody like that and JJ goes to a squad as a 2nd guy and tears it up. Sign him, and, well you see what we get. Yeah, we overpaid put what else were the Hawks going to do? Hopefully he does his thing this year.

RE: roster moves this "offseason"

I hope we can find an inexpensive scorer to come off the bench. With the news of Hinrich being out the first month, I think T-Mac is a good option. He's not the T-Mac of old, but last year was his first full season in a few years, plus he can play some minutes at the point. He won't command as much money as Jamal Crawford or other guys.

If the Hawks are serious about this Al at the 4 and Josh at the 3, then we HAVE to get a true center and $*+@ it I'd take Kwame Brown. Big body and can be a low risk investment, but it depends on how much he's asking for. If not, we gotta move Josh.

Lastly, find a way to get rid of Marvin!

Originally Posted by romedadude

Glad to see a Hawks thread this active! Let's keep it going!

Off the bat, this is my take on giving JJ the big contract...

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't move. Don't sign him and we end up overpaying for John Salmons or somebody like that and JJ goes to a squad as a 2nd guy and tears it up. Sign him, and, well you see what we get. Yeah, we overpaid put what else were the Hawks going to do? Hopefully he does his thing this year.

RE: roster moves this "offseason"

I hope we can find an inexpensive scorer to come off the bench. With the news of Hinrich being out the first month, I think T-Mac is a good option. He's not the T-Mac of old, but last year was his first full season in a few years, plus he can play some minutes at the point. He won't command as much money as Jamal Crawford or other guys.

If the Hawks are serious about this Al at the 4 and Josh at the 3, then we HAVE to get a true center and $*+@ it I'd take Kwame Brown. Big body and can be a low risk investment, but it depends on how much he's asking for. If not, we gotta move Josh.

Lastly, find a way to get rid of Marvin!
I agree with everything you said. 
But how dare you soil this sacred Hawks thread with mentions of Kwame Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I may go see Tmac this year now that he is playing with the Hawks.

His tenure with the Knicks was horrible, hopefully you can squeeze out any skills that are left.

If the Hawks went after Deandre Jordan they would be one of the better defensive and rebounding teams in the league.

Knicks come into town twice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
will be attending both games near courtside.

BTW when do tickets go on sale?

alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Just looked at some presale prices for the Knicks game, section 104 all the way in the back 364 each
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Young Street86

I agree with everything you said. 
But how dare you soil this sacred Hawks thread with mentions of Kwame Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif

Bruh!
laugh.gif

Hear me out, we CAN'T win the Eastern Conference without a true center.

@nightruans

A Deandre Jordan signing would be good, but I htink the Clips want to keep him to group with Blake/Eric Gordon and he's a restricted FA.

Some names I wouldn't mind them going after:

Chris Kaman
Andris Biedrins
Kwame
Aaron Gray

Who would you all like to see them pursue?

Originally Posted by nightruans

alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Just looked at some presale prices for the Knicks game, section 104 all the way in the back 364 each
indifferent.gif

Those *%+%+$% bums raised the ticket pricing for popular games...saw the #+!! on hawksquak
indifferent.gif

The hawks have a chance to get paul, he did say he wouldnt mind playing here also...the problem is the risk of him being a rental..oh and the bum #%* atlanta spirit group...if we did trade for him I would think it would look like this.

Teague

Smoove

Crawford

maybe a 1st rounder

for

paul

Emeka

maybe ariza 

wishful thinking tho
laugh.gif

Dwight wants smoove in orlando...just read this...which means dwight wants to play with josh...which means Atl probably got a chance to land him with a trade 

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...guodala-monta-ellis-or-josh-smith-in-orlando/

pulled this off hawksquak...take it for what its worth 

[quote name='nbasuperstar40' timestamp='1323345787' post='526059']
I have an update guys.

New Orleans is down to three teams. Atlanta, Boston, and LAL.

Boston is offering Granger, Collison, and two 1st 2011. (LAC, BOS)

LAL is only offering Gasol but NO is split on both.

Atlanta is offering Josh Smith but New Orleans has Jeff Teague as their #1 want of all players.

1a. NO is split on Gasol and Bynum. Some think Bynum can be an all star, some think he is overrated and can't stay healthy. They all seems to think Gasol will help the young players but at his price and age, they are skeptical.

1b. NO likes Josh Smith. They all seem to realize Smith is likely to put up the best numbers but they don't know if he's a franchise face. They still like him as much as Gasol which is why Atlanta 1b. They love Jeff Teague, out of all the players, Teague was rated 3rd as a piece behind Gordon and Curry. The thing is Atlanta hasn't and won't offer him. They don't want to be stuck with no CP3 and without Teague. They feel Horford, Joe, Marvin, and CP3 with no starting C might be too much to overcome and he will leave for NY. NO wants Teague badly, they even suggested a SnT for David West and that has Atlanta interested with the idea of CP3, JJ, Marvin, West, and Al. We will see how this goes.

3. Boston- NO doesn't want Rondo period. They just don't rate him high. Boston has a deal on the table where they will SnT Jeff Green and Rondo to Indy for Granger and Collison and flip them for Paul. NO has receptive but not sold on the deal. It seems like Boston is losing traction for CP3.

In other words, New Orleans wants Teague. That's who they want. Atlanta doesn't want to trade him at all given that Paul is no lock even if he said he would consider staying long term.

Jamal and Atlanta are not done. Jamal might wait till the end of next week to sign a deal from anyone. So many teams need a SG but only so few available who have an impact and Jamal is one. We is looking to get paid.

Sund is the most active I've seen him in years. The most since we signed Marvin, Josh, and Bibby. I think he knows we are at a crossroad. Indy is spending and already are deep. Milwaukee has a healthy Bogut and just added Capt. Jack. New Jersey is trying to ink Tyson Chandler. Plus improvements from NYK should make it more difficult for Atlanta this year.
[/quote]

HWK_TrainingCamp_120911.jpg

They also signed Vladimir Radmanovic. This is still a 2nd round Eastern Conference team at best.

Man we need to stop going for bum Centers, we should call up Phoenix and see what it takes to get Gortat up here.

Since he was traded to Phoenix he got 23 double doubles, his offensive stats may be inflated next to Nash but his rebounding numbers were amazing and he is an ACTIVE big, being behind Dwight for all those years did this guy no justice on how good he is.

I'm not going to get excited for Kwame Brown or Jason Collins, who is? Team needs to get serious and address what we've needed from day one a 7 ft active center, our whole team is set other than that...

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Man we need to stop going for bum Centers, we should call up Phoenix and see what it takes to get Gortat up here.

Since he was traded to Phoenix he got 23 double doubles, his offensive stats may be inflated next to Nash but his rebounding numbers were amazing and he is an ACTIVE big, being behind Dwight for all those years did this guy no justice on how good he is.

I'm not going to get excited for Kwame Brown or Jason Collins, who is? Team needs to get serious and address what we've needed from day one a 7 ft active center, our whole team is set other than that...

this. the hawks seriously need a young, athletic, energetic center in order to get passed the 2nd round. gotta stop using guys like collins, hes in foul trouble 5 minutes into the game and push horford to play the 5 when hes a natural 4.

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

this. the hawks seriously need a young, athletic, energetic center in order to get passed the 2nd round. gotta stop using guys like collins, hes in foul trouble 5 minutes into the game and push horford to play the 5 when hes a natural 4.
I agree with both of yall, but financially it's not feasible. As Jae stated it'll take a trade to get the player we need.

I named the guys I named because those are realistic options, given the way the our management operates.

Just take a look at our contract situation, via ShamSports:

[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]2011/2012[/td] [td]2012/2013[/td] [td]2013/2014[/td] [td]2014/2015[/td] [td]2015/2016[/td] [td]2016/2017[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Joe Johnson[/td] [td]$18,038,573[/td] [td]$19,752,645[/td] [td]$21,466,718[/td] [td]$23,180,790[/td] [td]$24,894,863[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$107,333,589[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Josh Smith[/td] [td]$12,500,000[/td] [td]$13,300,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$25,800,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Al Horford[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$60,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kirk Hinrich[/td] [td]$8,100,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$8,100,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Marvin Williams[/td] [td]$8,050,000[/td] [td]$8,837,500[/td] [td]$8,050,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$24,937,500[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Zaza Pachulia[/td] [td]$4,750,000[/td] [td]$5,248,750[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$9,998,750[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jeff Teague[/td] [td]$1,579,920[/td] [td]$2,433,077[/td] [td]$3,469,568[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$4,012,997[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Magnum Rolle[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$973,872[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Pape Sy[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$973,872[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$1,577,744[/td][/tr][/table]

It's not even worth adding the recent signings because those are one-two year deals that don't tie us down too much.

Back
Top Bottom