OFFICIAL ARCADE1UP THREAD edit: MARVEL VS CAPCOM WITH ONLINE PLAY PREORDER UP ON BEST BUY OCT. 1ST RELEASE

TMNT is hours upon hours...those Capcom games? not so much.
those ones no, but the ones I suggested and in the same cab? it would work and then some.

Y’all seen these in real life? They’re tiny and built like a cheap bookshelf. These are cute but not meant for actual playing. At 300 ish it’s a joke
facts. but I did run across the sf2 one in Walmart and this dude was playing. I was in there for like one item but figured I'd go a round. dude talked trash and I let him.
I really, really miss the arcade days...putting a quarter up, waiting my turn, watching, plotting. showing off in front of a crowd. bouncing tech with ppl. rumors, etc.

anyway, I demolished him and he wouldn't let me leave without getting like 10-15 more rounds in. he lost all of them but he learned something.
just like I did back in the day when I went from my snes to the arcade.

tiny or not, there's something about seeing one that is relatively easily accessible for the masses. I remember wanting arcade machines way back in the day and look where we are now. crazy.

If I had the time I'd mod it too. Good Stuff

Best mod I've seen so far. Simple and effective

Thanks bro. It took a lot of trial and error to rewire the Sanwa joysticks i put in there but was well worth it. I followed ETA Prime's tutorial but one thing he didnt mention was the fact that you dont need to use the stock speaker. I took mine off and installed a soundbar speaker at the top of my cabinet out of view. Joint is so loud at full volume you can hear it throughout the house.

Also, Nickelodeon probably wouldnt allow TMNT to be in a cab with X-Men or the Simpsons, hence why the two TMNT games are in there alone. The TMNT cab is perfect to mod for all the 4 player games...NBA Jam, Run and Gun, Sunset Riders, TMNT 1 and Turtles in Time, Simpsons, X-Men, Metamorphic Force, and the list goes on. Also if you throw a Raspberry Pi in there, Retrocade has screen filter options which helps for visiblity.

If you buy one of the cabs, they are tiny without a riser. But thats because theyre designed for you to sit down a play. Also real arcades costs thousands of dollars and require a lot of maintenance, which is why these arcade1up cabs are perfect. Only problem ive had with mine is some of the artwork on the control panel slightly rubbing off and that was solved by spraying a clear coat finish to protect the artwork.

TMNT is hours upon hours...those Capcom games? not so much.

TMNT 1 can be beat in about 15-20 minutes, Turtles in Time in about 30 minutes.

Capcom fighters have a lot of replay due to how much effort is needed to master them. Also Magneto in X-Men: COTA is one of the cheapest final bosses ive ever faced in a video game :lol:

TMNT 1 can be beat in about 15-20 minutes, Turtles in Time in about 30 minutes.

Capcom fighters have a lot of replay due to how much effort is needed to master them. Also Magneto in X-Men: COTA is one of the cheapest final bosses ive ever faced in a video game :lol:
You aren't beating TMNT 1 in 15-20 mins.

Lies

You aren't beating TMNT 1 in 15-20 mins.

Lies

No lie ive beat it in 20 minutes before, the game is short af since its only about 4-5 levels. Also, if you do spam that power move throughout the game (the uppercut move where you press jump and punch at the same time), youll kill every foot solider in 1 hit and can kill multiples if theyre clustered together. You also can kill bosses in 5-10 hits. Same trick works for Turtles in Time and the Simpsons.

No lie ive beat it in 20 minutes before, the game is short af since its only about 4-5 levels. Also, if you do spam that power move throughout the game (the uppercut move where you press jump and punch at the same time), youll kill every foot solider in 1 hit and can kill multiples if theyre clustered together. You also can kill bosses in 5-10 hits. Same trick works for Turtles in Time and the Simpsons.

TMNT 1 ?

One?
The first one on NES?

TMNT 1 ?

One?
The first one on NES?

Oh that one :lol::lol::lol: I keep forgetting about that abomination, I had that game as a kid and never beat it. It gets kind of confusing because the first TMNT arcade game was TMNT 2 on the NES and TMNT 4 on the SNES was Turtles In Time

fwiw tmnt arcade is basically tmnt 2 on the nes.
although tmnt 3 >>>>>>> tmnt and tmnt2 on the nes IMO and, unpopular opinion, tmnt 3 nes is better than tmnt turtles in time on the snes. I said it and I meant it.

hopefully these open up the door for other companies to start making arcade cabs for cheaper.
i'd like a candy cabinet...

Unpopular Opinion.

Arcade joysticks (for any game) were never my preference . I used to also wish, "Man I want to play this with an SNES controller."

na. we're talking about two different things.

I mean the actual arcade games.
No we aren't talking about different things.

TMNT The Arcade game is TMNT 2 on the NES.

TMNT 1: NES
TMNT 2 (The Arcade game and on NES)
TMNT 3: Manhattan Project (NEs)
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time (Arcade and SNES)

Those joy in those games is the pressure of not spending anymore money you don’t have. TMNT with unlimited lives is stupid.
Great point.

Thanks bro. It took a lot of trial and error to rewire the Sanwa joysticks i put in there but was well worth it. I followed ETA Prime's tutorial but one thing he didnt mention was the fact that you dont need to use the stock speaker. I took mine off and installed a soundbar speaker at the top of my cabinet out of view. Joint is so loud at full volume you can hear it throughout the house.

get you a set of sanwa buttons too. Those stock buttons are ugly, I always hated them even back then :lol:

No we aren't talking about different things.

TMNT The Arcade game is TMNT 2 on the NES.

TMNT 1: NES
TMNT 2 (The Arcade game and on NES)
TMNT 3: Manhattan Project (NEs)
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time (Arcade and SNES)

Great point.
na i'm not talking about the nes games when I say tmnt arcade game and tmnt turtles in time (arcade version).

I meant the actual games in the arcade. the nes version of tmnt arcade game is tmnt 2. tmnt1 nes is dead to me. tmnt 3 nes > than them all IMO.
lol i'm old and I had all of the games and all that. I remember.

(i'm multitasking at work so I might not be so clear)

I was much better at home systems Steet Fighter than in the Arcades

arcades was where it mattered...i remember being a lil kid using a chair or milk crate to reach da controls and beating a grown man and i was afraid he was gonna beat me up cuz he had no answer for my throwing him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom