Official AJKO OG Thread (Everything AJKO Related)

Rivalry pack was limited as hell. Now no one gives a damn

Could have bought the pack for $200 shipped DS and passed
laugh.gif
It's always like that with the AJKOs. 

I see some listings on ebay for some insane amount and they have sat there for years.

I was looking for the KO premium in the cinder colorway for years. 

There were a couple of listings for $299, but I would not even consider that.

Last week I saw  a listing where the bid was at $82, but the BIN was  $115 so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

They were DS and the box and shoe looked as good as the day they were released.

The fact that the BIN was that low and they sold compared to other listings that are still sitting shows the true value of the shoe.

Last edited:
How are they limited when they haven't been officially released?

The Rival pack was truly limited and no one cared.  Even with special packaging, no one cared.

The thing about the AJKO is it has a cult fan base, but the general population doesn't care.

The last couple of AJKO releases I was allowed to skip over a hundred people in line to cop

because there was no hype and the store manager wanted to get me out of the way so I didn't have to waste my time.

I'm glad you got your pair and let us know how they are quality wise compared to past releases, but all the hype needs to stop.

Complex will read your post and do an article blowing things out of proportion and then these will be deemed the banned AJKO

with an resale value of $2,000.00 or some crazy number.
I was merely speaking on availability at this point. They were on the calendar shipped out to most places and ready to go. Their unreleased but pairs were sold. The recall is the only reason they didn't drop. They could have been produced as a super GR but that dosent change the amount in circulation at this point. I could care less about hype Or if ppl want/like them or not. I liked them with no hype and still like them. If you saw my first post I praised the ease of this release. Yet how many ppl would have hopped on the eBay link if they knew this would happen?

And I'd def take a pair of Carolina's from the rivalry pack but I'm not paying for hype.

Last edited:
How are they limited when they haven't been officially released?

The Rival pack was truly limited and no one cared.  Even with special packaging, no one cared.

Sounds like you're operating under the assumption that Nike is just holding back the pairs and will release them at a later date. This isnt the kind of situation where if youre patient eveyone gets a pair. Hype/resell doesnt isnt even a factor in this The point is there are NO pairs to go around. And unless nike has a way to disinfect all of the pairs that were made and ensure no one gets any mold they're getting scraped and won't be released at all. So now the only pairs that are available are the ones that got back doored. Thats what makes the quantity out there limited I could care less about whether or not these will resell for a lot. I was one of the first to purchase when the link was initially available. I wanted the shoe so I got it.

One thing i want to mention is that im almost positive that if these did drop they werent going to sit. We arent post 1 hype yet. Niche or not in this colorway they would have sold out .

They weren't selling out. No one cares for KO

sport blues never dropped and royals sell for high prices but those sat... And went on steep discount

Sure bred is a great Colorway and would have sold well but highly doubt they would sold out anytime soon

Blah blah blah....I love KO's. Keep em coming JB. No hype and everyone hating makes these an easy cop for me. I'm actually in the minority where I like these better than the leather ones. I cant wait for the shadows and Carolinas to drop.

sport blues never dropped and royals sell for high prices but those sat... And went on steep discount

Sure bred is a great Colorway and would have sold well but highly doubt they would sold out anytime soon
everyone keeps bring up the sport blues but if you go back in this very thread people were scrambling for pairs and they sold out day 1 online on all of the mainstream sites. people were talking about copping for $180 week one and that was a good deal. some stores carried them locally but pairs got scarce after a week. its all in this thread. I'm not trying to say these are a hyped shoe but theyre not the shoe that you wait on. i dont know what numbers these were made in but for the sport blues for whatever reason footaction/footlocker was sitting on pairs that they put online in that past 3 months and thats the only reason why theyre so widely available now. Was not the case 6+ months ago. I know because I was actually looking for pairs and I couldnt find them locally and ebay was asking 180-200 for a size 11. theres no way to tell now if the same thing would have happened but if that what happened week 1 for the sports blue then why wouldnt you expect the same with these? especially since the thirst for 1s now is like 2011 11s hype.

Last edited:
Major sites had them on discount and on the resell market they go for nothing.

Chicagos sold out but guess what they resell value is... Nothing

Major sites had them on discount and on the resell market they go for nothing.

Chicagos sold out but guess what they resell value is... Nothing
when did they go on discount on the major sites? i did see that a couple of people were able to pick them in store for discount but never saw it online and definitely not in the past 6 months. 

all i was saying was dont sleep these if retail is what you wanted to pay. chicagos are going for 175 shipped on average for a size 11. Thats not much for someone who really wants the shoe i suppose but its not 140.

but all of this is now speculation because the shoe wont drop so it doesnt matter. i was just responding because dude was like "just wait it out you'll get your pair"

Funny you mention that because the KO's that released in 2012 moved pretty quick. Why the 2014 OG branded KO's didn't get the same fan fare is odd? Like you said they eventually dried up much like any shoe would over time but I take comfort in knowing that if I wanted another pair of 2014's I could get them for around retail in a worst case scenario.

With all that being said, had the Bred KO's released as scheduled I'm at the store Saturday morning 5 minutes before the gates open. Wasn't going to chance it with these. There is just something about a Jordan with the Bred connotation that brings people out of the wood works.

Last edited:

Funny you mention that because the KO's that released in 2012 moved pretty quick. Why the 2014 OG branded KO's didn't get the same fan fare is odd? Like you said they eventually dried up much like any shoe would over time but I take comfort in knowing that if I wanted another pair of 2014's I could get them for around retail in a worst case scenario.

With all that being said, had the Bred KO's released as scheduled I'm at the store Saturday morning 5 minutes before the gates open. Wasn't going to chance it with these. There is just something about a Jordan with the Bred connotation that brings people out of the wood works.

not entirely true... the 2010's moved as a snails pace until ppl realized the antique could be removed...then the scrambling started :lol: by then I already had my 2 sets & didn't need to do that

I also picked up the cinders recently for a good price... I still have the all blacks on ice too.

The insoles on the premiums are super nice

Last edited:
2010 and 2012 KOs released when you could price any GR that high above retail. They didn't really go up after the ones hype began. They've always been around current prices.

It would be a lot harder to do that now for a GR if it isn't already a hyped model.

called my local ftl again, and as expected, they cancelled their release as well. guess no purr for me. probably better off than taking a chance with the mold. i hope all of you disinfect yours thoroughly or you could have a MAJOR problem.

How exactly should one go about disinfecting them?
Lysol disinfecting wipes and spray. Scrubbed the insides of the shoe with the wipes about 5 times (never reusing the same wipes), sprayed the the inside and outside with the disinfectant spray and then stuffed the toe box with the wipes while they dried

^They are good for surface cleaning, but I'm not sure if this process completely prevents the spreading of the spores.

I'm super salty about this entire ordeal. Wanted these badly. So now what? These are never coming out now? Smdh

Guessing these are done for. Whoever got a mold free pair... To the naked eye at least, congrats

If I throw my pair in the washer y'all think itll be mold free without destroying the shoe? I took out the insoles and didn't see any mold and there wasn't any on the exterior but just to be on the safe side I wanna wash em.

Also even though I copped from eBay can I still return my pair to a Nike Outlet?

Back
Top Bottom