OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

random thought - the change back to the original perforation pattern makes a big difference in how these toeboxes will look with wear vs previous versions.

There’s always going to be some give and take that goes on with these older models. My guess is some are made with an Ikea approach - the prices are set and they build the shoe w that budget in mind.

Last edited:
Can you post better pics to better show the difference in shape your referring to? Looks like they’re laced too damn tight to begin with. Try loosening the laces bit (or a lot), should help. If that doesn’t work and you’re still unsatisfied with them then I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you. They were never some flawless, luxury shoes free QC issues going back to the OGs. Besides the white leather (which could’ve been better), I think Nike actually did a great job on these.

Yea I didn't post great pictures and they are definitely tied too tight but the right foot strap has a really odd shape compared to the left foot. I can post more.

I’d solidly say:
The white leather leans slightly closer to the 2012s than the 2000s
The black leather also leans slightly closer to the 2012s than the 2000s
But the grey elements easily Eclipse all of that and mirror the originals, even surpassing the 2000s. So this is a tough one.

I’d almost call it a tie guys. I try to put them all in a ranking sort of system. It’s close.

The black and white elements don’t feel synthetic by any means but this performance or premium grade leather just isn’t what it is or will ever be again. Odd times

I’d solidly say:
But the grey elements easily Eclipse all of that and mirror the originals, even surpassing the 2000s. So this is a tough one.

I’d almost call it a tie guys. I try to put them all in a ranking sort of system. It’s close.

The black and white elements don’t feel synthetic by any means but this performance or premium grade leather just isn’t what it is or will ever be again. Odd times

We need an updated comparison group pic of Chloros from you wallyhopp wallyhopp . Thanks in advance. :wink:

I’d solidly say:

it's impossible to get leather of the '80s since no shoe companies use real leather anymore. And haven't in ages.

That's part of the reason why the idea of 1:1 comparisons of any old originals vs. retros - AT1s, AJ1s, etc. - always fall short (and always amused me).

it's impossible to get leather of the '80s since no shoe companies use real leather anymore. And haven't in ages.

That's part of the reason why the idea of 1:1 comparisons of any old originals vs. retros - AT1s, AJ1s, etc. - always fall short (and always amused me).
Idk I have some NB, Adidas and Reeboks that all use real leather. My AJ1 '85s Highs also use real leather. Am I missing something here?

Idk I have some NB, Adidas and Reeboks that all use real leather. My AJ1 '85s Highs also use real leather. Am I missing something here?

85s use real leather.

But the majority of the "leather" we see is usually largely synthetic. Versus nearly all the old shoes of the past using actual leather.

We need an updated comparison group pic of Chloros from you wallyhopp wallyhopp . Thanks in advance. :wink:
One day. Sold some or most. Down to some 2000 crumbled beaters, a 2012 wearable beater, and a 2020sb, and now 2022 plus a 2009 maxim air max air trainer clone( which actually copies the soft grey and black elements years before it actually happened.

I have a postage scale. I’m tempted to weigh these newer releases compared to the 2000 and 2012. There’s a sythenthic lightness on these thst is throwing me off.

Last edited:
I just wish they would more consistently get the shape closer to OG. I haven’t had a chance to put them next to my DS SBs but I almost don’t have to, to know the SBs look better overall. Not by light years, mind you. But still.

Last edited:
My pair from foot patrol came in with no issues. Pretty happy but I personally prefer the SB's so I'll stick to one pair of these for now....

Slam Jam was really good about the pair with the weird scuffing and they gave me a shipping return label back to them so I gotta give them major props for customer service.
IMG_2595.jpg

I’m so happy that they retroed this shoe but the quality and materials are terrible. Sorry but Nike did a bad job on this one. The shape of one shoe is different than the other.

73F34979-80E2-4963-9172-BD83727CE109.jpeg
184BA19C-78AD-4208-B2DD-6487B51691F0.jpeg
897FE23E-581C-4ABE-91DD-03DE0FA4525F.jpeg

Hard to see in this light but my right shoes as jacked as yours. Left ones perfect. All good though, shoes get creased to **** within a few wears blah blah so who cares.

Be better if they were mint out of the box though. Think they were just poorly packed.

Man you must've been quick!
Need a 12.5 and they're usually easier to find overseas.
Solelinks tweeted around 6:30am. Thought I would be SOL debating on these or the navy colorway before finally pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom