OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Yes. I wish Nike would bring back the correct green. It made an appearance on those Air Maxim 1 Trainers but they never used it again after that.
D2132820-42CB-41D1-ACA0-B90A13ECB58A.jpeg
Nike called that color Green Spark. It wasn't Chlorophyll but for when they came out of they did use chlorophyll it would've been closer to 2012 green I think.
Was the OG that bright like "green spark"? Never seen them in person to know but I would prefer a bright green rather than a muted one.

Sorry for multiple posts. I’m finally excited about a shoe again. If anyone ever owned any of the 87/88/90-93 type varierties, the ‘black’ leather almost took on a more navy blue appearance. I don’t think we’ll ever get anything close to the early pairs. The best we’ll get is close to 2000 chlorophylls.

Just please release the utility junk the same time as the chlorophylls. Do us og types a favor.
I owned the 1994 retro in 2011 (red accents) which was the last time they used the OG mold. Paid a pretty penny for them because they were wearable. The seller bought up several pairs and stored them in a climate controlled room. Dude played tennis and they were apparently his favorite shoes. I got a few wears out of them and eventually sold them off due to fear of midsole cracking. The blueish grey nubuck and soft leather made these feel like premium shoe. I guess the fact the Nike still made them as performance shoes explains why they were so well made. I still believe that this is a timeless shoe and should made to the specs that they were back in 1987.
https://flattophitop.blogspot.com/2009/02/air-trainer-1-1994.html?m=1

Nike called that color Green Spark. It wasn't Chlorophyll but for when they came out of they did use chlorophyll it would've been closer to 2012 green I think.
Was the OG that bright like "green spark"? Never seen them in person to know but I would prefer a bright green rather than a muted one.
I think it is closer than the Chlorophyll that they currently use. The OG green was a richer green.
2970F4F2-181C-4E00-B3B2-BE7F90FFCD9D.jpeg
6FB5E3F2-55B1-4CD0-9B2B-F69E5D097E9C.jpeg
578B2D27-10E0-4F6B-9AF3-125FAADC96AE.jpeg
5DA33F12-50F6-4DEA-A694-A312B0A89D28.jpeg

Well…, after shown as sold out at least once during yesterday…, their inventory went back to what it looked like exactly 40 min after the release…
AEC8EF89-C568-43DE-BC4E-70004CEED437.png

Amazing to see the almost identical pic.

Collection shot before the Corianders come in. Took this photo a while back.
IMG_20210101_001413_816.jpg

Super dope. I think the last AT1 I went for before the Coriander was the Super Bowls... man that sneaker era holds some fond memories.

Un-DS these:
951C281A-F080-4D33-89EA-29B53EDFD816.jpeg

9CDA1E9F-F72E-4A05-8F17-691525B006A4.jpeg

To pick these up from a local spot:
1FA8E1BA-4F71-48DB-A228-D3750320F7BC.jpeg

Honestly just went to go see them in hand to see how I felt about them. Was surprised when I got to the spot that there was a line of people getting them. Some even copping doubles. They had one 11 left so I took it. (FOMO purchase?)
I’ve been getting away with 11s with most of my AT1 pick ups in the past decade but these feel a little narrow in the toe area.
Quality is pretty nice.
Craftsmanship/quality control is up to par with all Nikes now a days (so not great 😂, had some glue stains)
Aesthetically…there’s a part of me that really likes them and there’s a part of me that thinks they’re ugly and has too much going on lol
make the midsole an off white/cream color (sail?) and getting rid of the 3M tribal tattoo design and just use 3M piping around the panels could have made these a banger IMO. We’ll see if I can actually pull these off and wear them 😂

BTW, the iridescent mid panels are kinda cool…changes color depending how light hits it (see video in my last slide):

TL;DR…I bought the Air Trainer 1 Corainder. Not sure how I feel about them. We’ll see. Thanks

So a fellow NTer notified me that these dropped here in HK today. I immediately went out to NSW, but when I got there (3PM), the largest they had was a US9 (I'm a 10.5). 😩

The materials were just ok. The grey 'suede' reminded me of the 2000 suede, but slightly thicker. The white pleather was pretty standard, while the Swoosh had a sort of tumbled leather. The green was more of a Pine Green... a deeper green than Chloro... a bit more vibrant.

Price was HK$849... around US$110.

Be on the lookout, famb.

67D895B1-D3C1-47AC-98DC-762059F9EEDA.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m liking the pine green more. I wonder if Nike is planning to do a 35th anniversary release with these and the Air Max 1’s. Makes the rumors about the big bubble Air Max 1’s a little more believable.

Back
Top Bottom