OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Got my pair today. I'm not normally one to call out minor cosmetic flaws. I know the overall shoe is going to be crap quality and I decide to live with it or pass, but don't usually complain about tiny sized nicks in the sole or something. But, my pair is left a lot to be desired. Glad I didn't double up. May just become immediate beaters.

I used to be hype about a re-release of the chlorophyll's, but I'm afraid of the quality on these.  I'll cop a pair.  Hopefully they don't let me down.

^ My expectations are the lowest they've ever been. I'm expecting 2010 tr1.2/ 2008 ztt quality with a higher price point.:smh:. I'd gobble these up at $50-70.. For $110, it's a test phase

Last edited:
Great pics, Johnny Appleseed and green rhino. I already had my bro pick up my 10.5 so I'm excited.

By the way, do they come with the egg crate insole?

I have been wearing my pair all day today since 7am and I regret not buying a half size larger.

I have just a regular medium width foot and the 11.5 is just too narrow. Glad I haven't bought my 2nd pair yet. I am going to go a half size up to a 12 for my 2nd pair. Its weird because my brothers size 12 Safari was too long so I figured 11.5 would be fine.

I have been wearing my pair all day today since 7am and I regret not buying a half size larger.
I have just a regular medium width foot and the 11.5 is just too narrow. Glad I haven't bought my 2nd pair yet. I am going to go a half size up to a 12 for my 2nd pair. Its weird because my brothers size 12 Safari was too long so I figured 11.5 would be fine.

Great to know. All the more reason I want to find a local store with these and try them on. I'd hate to grab them off the web and they not fit right. Thanks.

Yea I thought they would break-in after wearing them for a few hours but it just didn't happen. I even wore my thinnest socks to make sure they fit looser since I wore them last night and felt a bit snug.

They started to pinch right where the black leather overlay meets the grey on the lateral side of both shoes.

I'm going to have to suck it up and keep them and just wear them for short periods of time, but I am defintely getting a 12 this Saturday to wear for extended periods of time and be comfy.

Yea I thought they would break-in after wearing them for a few hours but it just didn't happen. I even wore my thinnest socks to make sure they fit looser since I wore them last night and felt a bit snug.
They started to pinch right where the black leather overlay meets the grey on the lateral side of both shoes.
I'm going to have to suck it up and keep them and just wear them for short periods of time, but I am defintely getting a 12 this Saturday to wear for extended periods of time and be comfy.

Yeah, I received my pair today and the fit the same as the 08 pair and my 00 pair did. I have always gone full size up on the AT1, and they fit good. Im not saying everyone needs to size up, but I couldnt imagine being TTS on these.

As far as the quality goes, they are still on par with the 08's, I just love the ribbed/bordered tongue so much better. Im glad they made that small change. I wish they would go back to it on the AM1. Im gonna have to double up on these. Im sure ill be able to find them for 80 here soon enough.

According to their e-newsletter, Jimmy Jazz will be releasing these online tomorrow.

At the rate the quantities of these are multiplying, I'd dare say pairs will end up getting discounted. So if you're trying to hold off on paying retail or looking to get those extra prs (I am!), our odds are increasing.

^ I also noticed that these are everywhere now. And I only expect it to get easier once they're officially released. An example is eBay where just a few days ago a size 11.5 was impossible to come by. Now there are multiple options to choose from for retail. I think I might cop pair #2 soon and then wait it out for discounted pricing for more pairs to use and abuse.

Good to hear that these are going to be more available than originally thought.  Will hit up a few local spots and get some info.  Usually sizing isn't much of an issue for me.  11.5 in pretty much everything but some Nike runners, Huaraches, and the newer basketball stuff.  I may have to go with the 12 like I do with Trainer Huaraches.

It looks like its sz12 and 13s time to shine. From years of size neglect on a limited overseas front, they are the first to go.. If I ever decide on seconds, thirds, or fourths, it may be a battle... Thanks Nike.

After trying to convince myself that the 11.5s were fine I realized its not gonna happen. Sold one of them and ordered a 12. Gonna grab another 12 tomorrow and sell my other 11.5. I love the shoe though. Sure its not perfect but nothing is nowadays. Just accept its the closest we can get or dont buy it.

It looks like its sz12 and 13s time to shine. From years of size neglect on a limited overseas front, they are the first to go.. If I ever decide on seconds, thirds, or fourths, it may be a battle... Thanks Nike.

Hey Wally,

You should take the insoles from the 2000's and put them in the 2012's, that way you dont have to worry about the egg crate insole. I think thats what Im gonna do.

was able to scoop up 2 pairs at a store near my job yesterday for 100 each no tax. quality is good and def size up fellas (.5) :smokin

After trying to convince myself that the 11.5s were fine I realized its not gonna happen. Sold one of them and ordered a 12. Gonna grab another 12 tomorrow and sell my other 11.5. I love the shoe though. Sure its not perfect but nothing is nowadays. Just accept its the closest we can get or dont buy it.

Why accept when...

-New Balance and even Nike has shoes retailing for $55-75 with better suede than what is currently being pawned off onto us as premium ultra light weight premium garbage. Check out zappos and other discount places. Jump outside the realm of what NT is and the whole sneaker blog world, and we are getting ripped the hell off 90% of the time.
- Just two years back with the maxim 1s using the perfect shade of green, going back 18 years to the last time they used that shade of green on a pair of at1s
- The air flight 89s get a price bump of just $5 but a shoe has that been released in at least 6 year intervals since 1987 jumps up $20
- When the tr1.2s released after a crazy marketing campaign, R&D, they only had an MSRP of $90 sitting there with likely the same quality of materials as today. A lot of what's still retailing for $80-$90 has what will be on this upper.

It's frustrating. All of the variables are there.

Get suede from this $70 shoe:
If you can't find suitable white leather, go with this mesh/suede combo
Use green elements from your very own

Wa la. $90-$100 . What am I missing? Too simple.. I know

I wanted to wait to rant for my review Monday, but that acceptance attitude is the downfall for why Nike can get away with piss poor K-MART quality shoes for a huge markup.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't take the quality issue that seriously. I have hundreds of pairs of Nikes and have been buying and collecting since 1990 so I have seen the decline just like everyone else but it doesnt stop me from buying. If I dont buy a shoe it doesnt prove anything to Nike. It will just leave me pissed that I didnt get my pairs. Yeah it sucks they get away with it but if I dont buy the shoe I want, the next guy will. Therefore I accept it, buy my pairs and move on. Wally you're my guy and all but I just dont see the point in everyone *****ing about quality on retros. They are old technology that we arent gonna use for training purposes anyway. When I wear a shoe like this its for nostalgia and looks not functionality. 98% of people arent gonna notice glue stains or suede quality anyway. Shoot half the people I know are gonna be more concerned about why I am wearing some "ugly bulky 80s shoe" and I will spend more time explaining how beautiful the shoe is and the history of it than defending the quality lol.

Back
Top Bottom