Official Air Max 97 Thread

i wonder what sean wotherspoon thought when he visited the stores dropping his shoes and they had like 5 pairs to raffle when they actually got shipped 100+ pairs :lol:

i still need them joints but im still holding out on nike dropping more or i sell the rest of the shoes i have on flightclub

or the right price presents itself, i've been getting crazy deals lately

Pulled out my Silver Bullets out today. Sneaker God willin :lol: I can obtain da Gold 97s next month. Also, if I ever hit da lotto I can get da SW 97s too.

2F8E1D5D-2A2A-4C3E-B0A4-4615A38708FD.jpeg

do these recent triple white 97s have the same upgraded midsole that the ultras and some other ogs have?

If yes, nice makes sense. If not, not that big of a difference imo.

None of the men's OG builds have the upgraded midsole other than the undefeateds (I don't have first hand experience with the undefeateds though). The only ones that have the upgraded midsole with an OG upper is some of the women's colorways such as the grey/neons. I would bet those triple whites have the hard and old midsole.

Ben Baller has millions and doesn’t wanna pay inflated resale. Proves the point people were making earlier that most sneakerheads don’t wanna get ripped off and pay way over the retail price someone else paid to cop that shoe
I feel him

I been around too long to pay 500 for a $100 shoe, I get it these are pretty unique but still man 90s/97s used to sit just up until like 5 years ago...its lightweight embarrassing tbh u got doods paying 500 for a pair of 98s

ive already copped pretty much every sneaker I ever wanted....no need for the chicanery nike pulling nowadays. If i can score some sh !t for retail nowadays cool...if not, aint no way im bending over for a pair of sneakers

Why dont somebody tag Ben Baller and just ask him in here? Wait he don't come around no more?

But Ben definitely got pairs, and Sean was seeded CRAZY amounts of pairs!

I feel him

I been around too long to pay 500 for a $100 shoe

I’ve Been Around Quite Some Time Myself And Gladly Shelled Over $500 For My Pair And Would Buy Several More At That Price Point If You Clould Point Me Towards Em :wink:

If You Believe A Guy Involved In The Main Design Process For This Shoe Doesn’t Have A Pair Or 4, I’ve Got Some “Vista Views” To Rent You :lol:

yepp, most of us do not believe the front SW and Baller are trying to project.... Real question is why are they doing it...
I honestly think the - "look... we're just like everyone else, we're also having a hard time getting pair for ourselves" front is to endear themselves to people so
that they dont seem like the bad guys... Ive noticed SW has been pointing the finger alot at Nike for a while now for pairs not being available.

Last edited:
They are either telling the truth and were treated poorly or are lying to shield off blame people might have for not getting the shoes. It's both equally plausible knowing Nike and all the people involved in this.

Or it might be a PR stunt to stir up even more **** - "The shoe that is so exclusive, not even the guy who helped design them can get them". Kids will wet their pants.

I feel him

I been around too long to pay 500 for a $100 shoe, I get it these are pretty unique but still man 90s/97s used to sit just up until like 5 years ago...its lightweight embarrassing tbh u got doods paying 500 for a pair of 98s

ive already copped pretty much every sneaker I ever wanted....no need for the chicanery nike pulling nowadays. If i can score some sh !t for retail nowadays cool...if not, aint no way im bending over for a pair of sneakers

Exactly man. i can't say i've been in it that long but AM97 SBs sat for the most part and it was only 3 years ago. I was like WTF when people were going crazy for the last iteration.

lol for real thats what they say or "ive always liked them" oh well do you thing i guess just hard for me to drop that much knowing how it was. gotta pay to play. *salty old man here*
on a similar note, pretty happy with the black 3s, hope to double up if they go on sale which is highly likely around my way.

They are either telling the truth and were treated poorly or are lying to shield off blame people might have for not getting the shoes. It's both equally plausible knowing Nike and all the people involved in this.

Or it might be a PR stunt to stir up even more **** - "The shoe that is so exclusive, not even the guy who helped design them can get them". Kids will wet their pants.

I can see it going both ways. If I remember correctly KanYe was saying he had to eventually buy Yeezys off of eBay back when he had his Nike deal.

Back
Top Bottom