Official Air Max 97 Thread

I know.... but those are my all time favorites. I hope they bring those back in 2023.
i hope so for you but i doubt that nike will bring them back, this year is the 15th anniversary for the AM2003, they could easily bring them back and let the AM2003 lift on the AM97 hype since the air units are the same as the 97s, if nike dont even bring them out back this year why would they even bother and re-retro them over 5 years ??

i hope so for you but i doubt that nike will bring them back, this year is the 15th anniversary for the AM2003, they could easily bring them back and let the AM2003 lift on the AM97 hype since the air units are the same as the 97s, if nike dont even bring them out back this year why would they even bother and re-retro them over 5 years ??

No idea. They did bring them back in 06ish timeframe for NikeID. I bought three pairs during that run. They should still have that tooling sitting around. I'm still bitter that the OffWhite 97s are so expensive. I'd be so happy with those as they remind me of the 2003s.

I've only got two pairs of my 2003s left. I prob had around 10 pairs of them.

I hope all is well with your Moms man...Im a sz 14 in everything like you. Would you say 14 is still good for you? Was going to try for a 13 after all of the size down talk.

Thanks man.

As for the shoes...I had the same concerns, but literally the only two things I've ever sized down to a 13 in are Timbs and Chucks, so I stayed with the 14 and it fits just fine. There's a bit of extra room lengthwise, so if a 13.5 existed I would probably want that...but I KNOW a 13 would be cutting it very close in length and would definitely be too narrow, even for my narrow feet.

The only way I'd recommend a 13 is if you're cool with super-tight shoes and want to rock them unlaced.

I get that but his $700 may be like $70 to you. Really no reason to care what someone else spends. If they have it and it makes them happy, cool. Now if they are missing rent or skipping meals for their kid, that's a different argument.
If I was willing to get something for slightly above retail price and some moron spends $ 700 on it, that opens the floodgates for people to say "that guy spent so much on it, I'll raise the price as well, there's money to be had" and at that moment I'm ****** if other people follow suit. That's why I care in some cases. I cared when people bought Jordans for double and triple retail in 2012-2014 because I wanted those shoes too.

I guess the whole "don't look in other peoples wallets" is an american thing but you can't be so simple-minded regarding the issue if it has implications on you too. It's kinda like rent - rents for apartments blew up in Berlin during the last decade. Now you could say "I don't care if somebody pays x amount of rent, that's their money" until it comes back and bites you in the *** when the other landlords followed suit. That's why you have laws regulating how much you can raise the rent at once for a period of time.
Now before people complain - I'm not comparing shoes to apartments. One is a necessity and the other is a luxury. But the principle is behind it is the same. If people begin spending more, other people get screwed over.

I just find it extremely bewildering that the "hey guys, these shoes are really special, so we just made 20 pairs of them, maybe you'll get them, maybe not"-shtick still works so consistently after so many times. That's nuts.

If I was willing to get something for slightly above retail price and some moron spends $ 700 on it, that opens the floodgates for people to say "that guy spent so much on it, I'll raise the price as well, there's money to be had" and at that moment I'm ****ed if other people follow suit. That's why I care in some cases. I cared when people bought Jordans for double and triple retail in 2012-2014 because I wanted those shoes too.

I guess the whole "don't look in other peoples wallets" is an american thing but you can't be so simple-minded regarding the issue if it has implications on you too. It's kinda like rent - rents for apartments blew up in Berlin during the last decade. Now you could say "I don't care if somebody pays x amount of rent, that's their money" until it comes back and bites you in the *** when the other landlords followed suit. That's why you have laws regulating how much you can raise the rent at once for a period of time.
Now before people complain - I'm not comparing shoes to apartments. One is a necessity and the other is a luxury. But the principle is behind it is the same. If people begin spending more, other people get screwed over.

I just find it extremely bewildering that the "hey guys, these shoes are really special, so we just made 20 pairs of them, maybe you'll get them, maybe not"-shtick still works so consistently after so many times. That's nuts.
Bro you are absolutely right but you are talking to a dead horse. In America, they don’t teach economics so your comment will not be received how it should.

They dont teach economics in America????
Smh...okay for those who like to dissect. No they do not willingly teach economics. You have to actually go study (in college). They introduce us to economics but they never really made it apart of core curriculum like it should be. It’s an option and most kids don’t know what economics is in the first place to be interested. FYI: I’m American with a Masters in Economics.

Didn't meant to start a culture war here, lol. I just have a feeling that americans tend to be more relaxed with the concept of people ripping off other people - which reselling sneakers is essentially.

I'd say it depends on whom it hits more - resellers are worse for consumers because they extort them. People who produce fake sneakers hurt the companies. But there is blame in both sides - people shouldn't buy stuff for exorbitant amounts of money and companies should produce enough products to at least prevent a huge counterfeit market.

I'm personally more sympathetic towards people who buy from fake manufacturers than from resellers. Because the brand ****** up, didn't make enough to meet demands and now has to live with others taking advantage of that unsatisfied demand. That doesn't mean I condone it, it means I think it's the less harmful means of ripping people off because it's mostly caused by consumer-unfriendly brand politics and they get the immediate pay-off for it.

If I was willing to get something for slightly above retail price and some moron spends $ 700 on it, that opens the floodgates for people to say "that guy spent so much on it, I'll raise the price as well, there's money to be had" and at that moment I'm ****ed if other people follow suit. That's why I care in some cases. I cared when people bought Jordans for double and triple retail in 2012-2014 because I wanted those shoes too.

You're asking someone to pass on a shoe they want so that it can be more affordable for you. Stop and think about how silly that is. Should I pass on a nice restaurant so they have to lower the prices for you too? Come on man, that's just dumb.

You're asking someone to pass on a shoe they want so that it can be more affordable for you. Stop and think about how silly that is. Should I pass on a nice restaurant so they have to lower the prices for you too? Come on man, that's just dumb.
It's not about me, it's about other consumers in general.

Also your analogy with the restaurant doesn't quite work - it would be more fitting if somebody bought up the whole days worth of menu of the restaurant, opened up a makeshift store a couple of blocks next to it and sold it to you for double the price the food would've cost if you went to the restaurant which does't have any food left.

Fancy restaurants are pricey by default. That's a difference you can't ignore in your analogy. If Nike started making sneakers at that price point as retail items, they've lost me as a costumer.

resellers are parasites that eat off the momentary hype that shoes have just to make a few bucks, a pain for those of us that used to be able to buy everything we wanted.

If these were so "special" they should have had a higher price tag to limit resale, like they did with Jordans and Foamposites (which eventually caused the beasts to go elsewhere)

Yeah really wanna wear them but may try see if they will give me for 30 or dare say 20
Different sizes are valued differently. Id check and see what your particular size is worth vs the size you want. Then you can start spinning your wheels about a fair swap price.

resellers are parasites that eat off the momentary hype that shoes have just to make a few bucks, a pain for those of us that used to be able to buy everything we wanted.

If these were so "special" they should have had a higher price tag to limit resale, like they did with Jordans and Foamposites (which eventually caused the beasts to go elsewhere)
They didnt go anywhere, they just all moved to the 1s. The model who's price they didnt mess with, and the only model that truly matters anymore.

Is there a US release date on these sneakers yet? or are there any places selling these online I want to get a pair for my girl.

nike-w-air-max-97-ultra-ah6806-102-white-white-court-purple-emera.jpg

It's not about me, it's about other consumers in general.

Also your analogy with the restaurant doesn't quite work - it would be more fitting if somebody bought up the whole days worth of menu of the restaurant, opened up a makeshift store a couple of blocks next to it and sold it to you for double the price the food would've cost if you went to the restaurant which does't have any food left.

Fancy restaurants are pricey by default. That's a difference you can't ignore in your analogy. If Nike started making sneakers at that price point as retail items, they've lost me as a costumer.
So you're upset with the resellers, not the person with money willing to pay the reseller? And honestly it has to do more with your viewpoint than anything. I get it from your view, but if you look at it from the view of someone with money, the reseller is providing a service. A person with money is more than fine with paying someone to source something for them.

Honestly I've given up blaming people and just accepted it as what it is. I don't blame the shoe companies. They do it bc it creates hype which helps brand image. Look at Jordan in 2016/2017. They mass produced everything to the point where everything sat. They became not cool real quick. As much as I want to, I can't blame resellers either. If I could buy a block of cheese and sell it for double or triple, I'd do it. Cheese lovers may hate me but would I care? No. I'd take their money.

At the end of the day, we're the ones to blame. We like exclusivity. If you just wanted gr's, you wouldn't be upset about the practice of reselling bc it wouldn't affect you. Just accept that we are the actual problem. It's not the shoe companies. It's not the resellers. It's us.

There are many parasites in the world of economics. Which is what this sneaker thing is condensed and sped up.

Thanks man.

As for the shoes...I had the same concerns, but literally the only two things I've ever sized down to a 13 in are Timbs and Chucks, so I stayed with the 14 and it fits just fine. There's a bit of extra room lengthwise, so if a 13.5 existed I would probably want that...but I KNOW a 13 would be cutting it very close in length and would definitely be too narrow, even for my narrow feet.

The only way I'd recommend a 13 is if you're cool with super-tight shoes and want to rock them unlaced.

No worries man!

Ok, yea Chucks, Timbs, and dress shoes only thing im size down in. Im worried about the heel slip in a 15 though. I had Anniversary AM1 joints with the "87" on the heel and those slipped so bad I had to return them. Didn't want a repeat situation. But I agree the 13 would be wayyy too small in my opinion. Man imma just have to go for the 14 and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom