Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

If retail is around $200, I really want to give the signature line a shot this year. I haven't bought a non-retro Jordan since the 16's.

I wanted to last year, but the result of the xx8 was so disappointing & expensive, I didn't want to give in.

It's been almost a year and I still haven't seen a pair of xx8's in store or on anyone's feet (minus the SE), how limited were they?

Anyway, I only buy one shoe a year to keep, so I have my fingers crossed for the XX9's.
that's very true I haven't seen a sole in these my guess a lot of resellers and/or ballers. My local hoh still has pairs of some CWS.

I predict that the 29s will be super high top again. Like with last year and with the new kobe's. That seems like the trend lately.

I hope not though.
I hope they are not super high either. I pray they give us a nice mid-top sneaker that's a good mixture of style and performance. Give us classic color ways, I'm tired of the fruity loud colors. And plz don't let it be over $200 bcuz that's where they (Nike/Jordan Brand) lose me...
XX8s play like lows though. The shroud's like a sock.

that's very true I haven't seen a sole in these my guess a lot of resellers and/or ballers. My local hoh still has pairs of some CWS.
I broke out my black/lime green XX8s for balling and no one had a clue what they were. I was even asked if they were actually basketball shoes. Very few people know what XX8s are let alone own them. Never seen a sig this limited. I guess it's part of the stealth strategy

Cannot wait. Hope these aren't limited as the XX8s. Had to get 13 instead of 12.5 in 3 out of the 4 pairs I own because they were so limited.

Agree on the elephant print. The red and grey XX8 elephant print looked real tacky

I broke out my black/lime green XX8s for balling and no one had a clue what they were. I was even asked if they were actually basketball shoes. Very few people know what XX8s are let alone own them. Never seen a sig this limited. I guess it's part of the stealth strategy
oh I'm definitely not debating the limited factor but they had to be limited at that price and style, there was only a few cws I was digging but wasn't paying more than $85 for any of them.

The 29 is the first Jordan Sig that ive actually liked since the 23, im excited to see innovation re emerge. 

-Fresh 
Tell us more...
Yall know i cant do that, I would love to, but I need my job lol. I threw non design info in when this thread first started, everything is still in line with what i first said, from the standpoint of the shoe hitting retail. I think i read 2 bills somewhere a couple posts back, How much are the new Kobe 9s? ... ..... ..... We didnt get the new Kobe 9s at finishline so im curious.....  

-Fresh 

Cant they just go back to what made the line great?

Back to the basics?

Real leather?
Full length air?
Only a couple of jumpmans on the upper and not jumbo ones?
Not copying from past sigs like a mr potato head air jordan?

Like seriously you want your line to be about elagance and high end why not cut the gimmicks out and make that **** worth the price for once?

Yall know i cant do that, I would love to, but I need my job lol. I threw non design info in when this thread first started, everything is still in line with what i first said, from the standpoint of the shoe hitting retail. I think i read 2 bills somewhere a couple posts back, How much are the new Kobe 9s? ... ..... ..... We didnt get the new Kobe 9s at finishline so im curious.....  

-Fresh 

225 for a **** xmas sock with a midsole

Lol I don't expect any pics will leak before the reveal. I'm excited about these. I hope I can get a pair cuz the XX8s were too limited. It hard to compete against resellers and bots. I actually collect because as a kid I wanted to be like mike. I like the quality and style. I buy a few retros but I always get the new # models. Can't wait!

Google image searched and found these.

20131225212919321.jpg

I know these aren't it, but could you imagine?

:lol:

Last edited:
^yeah those have popped up in the name of xx9 for months now, FDH.

i'm glad to see an earlier reveal than expected. i was completely switched off from jordan brand for this year until i read that.

Last edited:
Here's a look at the invite Jordan Brand sent out.  Doesn't give many clues but just something to add to the thread until the event

Just make enough pairs so those who want to cop can...

It's a chicken/egg scenario. If they make more pairs, they will probably sit on shelves. If they are limited, then word gets out and they instantly become more desirable = quick sell out.

Really intrigued to see what they do from a performance standpoint, assuming they'll improve the unlocked zoom system.

Not interested if it's flyknit.

Also are they really releasing in Oct? Seems a long time after the unveil. The XX8 was Dec to Feb

It's a chicken/egg scenario. If they make more pairs, they will probably sit on shelves. If they are limited, then word gets out and they instantly become more desirable = quick sell out.
after reading the complex article on resellers, im lead to believe a lot of hype is manufactured and, in the case of the 28s, limited stock was made even more limited by resellers buying available stock

So the only thin we can go off of from seeing the Invite letter, Is Infrared Elephant print! Hmmmmmm..

Back
Top Bottom