Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I was at Niketown Chicago this weekend. I didn't try them on, but I did get to pick them up and see what the new flyknit is all about. It is definitely way different than regular flyknit. It actually is a little stiff with solid structure to it. It's way more dense. The best way I can describe the feeling from touching it on the outside of the shoe is that it's soft like heavy fleece with a texture somewhat like a brillo pad. It's very unusual, and doesn't bend or give even close to what you would expect it to.

I was at Niketown Chicago this weekend. I didn't try them on, but I did get to pick them up and see what the new flyknit is all about. It is definitely way different than regular flyknit. It actually is a little stiff with solid structure to it. It's way more dense. The best way I can describe the feeling from touching it on the outside of the shoe is that it's soft like heavy fleece with a texture somewhat like a brillo pad. It's very unusual, and doesn't bend or give even close to what you would expect it to.
Thanks for that, the brillo pad texture makes them even more unappealing to me. I'm skipping these and waiting for the XXX, unless those don't have heel zoom either

those kicks are growin on me day by day... 100% cop with the oversized jumpman for sure! 

a light color way is what i expect tho

jumpamn should have been the entire backside of the shoe so you dont cut his leg off, i liked them more in the first pics, on feet and such they dont do it for me, easy pass even for a good discount

I want a pair with the big jumpman, but I don't think I'll be going way out of my way to grab them...

look dope and everyone that's played in them is sayn they are on point.
Good to know that they perforn well on the court. I'm currently looking for a new pair or bball shoes. I've always worn J's on the court, but my last J's are the xx3's and those are still doing the job, since they were on storage for years before I started ballin' again. I was interested in seeing how the Kobe9 highs are compared to the xx9's. Does anyone have both and can chime in the performance on the court? Thanks in advance.

More from the JB weartest event here.

I have to agree with Tre when he says know your sources on preformance reviews. Most of these guys on youtube doing "PERFORMANCE" reviews can barley play basketball, those who can handle the rock are jump shoters so they not gonna be pushing these shoes to the limits in any way. Now if your are an older guy who once had game I can tolerate that cus you prob know what a good ball shoe is about but most of these guys should stick to talking about the fancy colors and materials than be getting into it about performance. If anything this event hilights the real ball players from the wannabes.

Im sorry but if you dont have the athlethic ability to test these shoes at their limits then stick to the fashion reviews cus I dont wanna hear if from guys who shoot jump shots or who dance around the court pretending they ballin. Im not sayin guys gotta be NBA but at least NCAA to have some credability to these performance reviews.
reviews are just that...reviews. they are all personal opinions anyway until you get a chance to try these shoes for yourselves take most of these with a grain of salt.

i LOLed at 5min mark watching that video. there are guys in the video that can obviously play, but the rest...lol 

Anyone know if the outsole is more durable at the flex point? The soles of my all star xx8s are ripping at the bottom of the front zoom bag

Still on the fence, just not sure how these will look casually but I do like elephant print pair

I saw the big jumpman pair in person at niketown Chicago. The guy who described the material earlier is very accurate. It's definitely very dense and kind of rough to the touch on the outside. Anyways I was very underwhelmed. I couldn't imagine paying 225 for them. I like the XX8 SE way more.

pic i seen on sneaker news.. let me find a code and it might be going down
This is the only pic that has made them somewhat appealing to me.  But unless I can get them at a discount (which I doubt) I probably won't be purchasing.

yeah, theyre expensive, i think i'll try to use a 10% discount, but if unsuccessful i'll cop anyway... broke +200$ or broke -200$, i'm stayin broke for life! 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom