Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

jordan-xx9-tiffany-beers.jpg

Don't know why people showing so much hate for this shoe but people love kobe 9s. The 29s are so much better than the kobe 9 in terms of tech and aesthetics at the same price. We all know people are flipping the switch once it hits september.

Don't know why people showing so much hate for this shoe but people love kobe 9s. The 29s are so much better than the kobe 9 in terms of tech and aesthetics at the same price. We all know people are flipping the switch once it hits september.
agreed.

because people are hypebeast. just like the clearly awful colorway of the Kobe 9 such as detail and inspiration are hyped vs a eye catching color perspective or showtime no one wants. in reality the Kobe 9 elite is just a fused shoe with CF replacing the mesh with flyknit.

now these XX9 are something different. the flyweave looks very interesting if there are no fused needed to keep the shape and function to lock the foot down.

The problem that I have with the XX9 is that they are a $225 pair of socks. JB is simply cutting production costs by not using leather, and instead using Black Ice to paint detials on mesh that should
be sewn into the shoe.
This man gets it.

I'm sorry but what the **** is so "fire" about these?? Ya'll cats really call THIS fire now days?
eyes.gif
 It looks like some generic *** Kswiss with elephant print
indifferent.gif
So does this one. Not only have we been hoodwinked with flyweave instead of leather but to top it off the design is fugly. Yet judging by the comments it seems a good 50% think this is a shoe worth parting with $225 for.

As  many have said. these look like team Js not the sig

The Jordan 1 and 2 images are cool because it shows what they can do with the sneaker but that's it. The concept of printing other Js on the 29 is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

Can't wait to get the scoop on these. 225 is steep but hopefully the shoe has the special features we are use to. The colors will make it a true Jordan signature. Black and red, red and white, Carolina and white, white and black, and Black and White.

Concerning the leather aspect, guards like lighter shoes so I think the FLYWeave is warranted as "new tech" and "needed tech". But we will get more images as well. I will take these over lebrons.

Maybe I'm being silly, but what speaks volumes to me about this shoe is the lack of carbon fiber. I mean, I would have happily paid an extra $25 for a full carbon fiber set up--mid-foot shank, side support shanks--these should be the best materials possible! I was also hoping that with this iteration of the flight plate they would use carbon fiber instead of pebax on the full length crash pad. From what I'm seeing, they haven't improved the flight plate. They took zoom out of the heel, sculpted the sole more, added a "tendril" linking the decoupled heel and forefoot (I call b.s. on this one), and changed the format of the forefoot zoom. What we're really getting with the cushioning tech here is almost identical to the Superfly II. Seriously. Come on. 

Don't know why people showing so much hate for this shoe but people love kobe 9s. The 29s are so much better than the kobe 9 in terms of tech and aesthetics at the same price.
I completely disagree, as do many others. The looks are the EXACT reason why people are hating on the 29s.

Personally I think the Westbrook PE looks better than the two pieces of trash they unveiled previously, and I'm sure the tech in the 29s will be great (and hopefully the durability issues of the 28s will be fixed) but it's still a nondescript banana-shaped silhouette regardless of what colours or patterns you stick on the upper.

Personally, I am really interested and am anticipating the release for the XX9s. As a hooper, it's good to see how great Jordan basketball shoes have been performing, and that JB is more focused on the performance aspect of their sneakers rather than just looks and fashion. For me, if a sneaker is appealing based on its tech that's great, and if good looks come with the sneaker then that's even better but looks is not a requirement for me. I think the colorways and concepts that Jordan can do with this weave material can be absolutely amazing, making this sneaker unique. Personally, I dig the XX9s looks wise but honestly for me, if the traction is A1, cushion is protective and responsive, the materials are breathable and supportive, and they totally fix the Zoom bag issues, then these are a winner in my book.

Personally, I am really interested and am anticipating the release for the XX9s. As a hooper, it's good to see how great Jordan basketball shoes have been performing, and that JB is more focused on the performance aspect of their sneakers rather than just looks and fashion. For me, if a sneaker is appealing based on its tech that's great, and if good looks come with the sneaker then that's even better but looks is not a requirement for me. I think the colorways and concepts that Jordan can do with this weave material can be absolutely amazing, making this sneaker unique. Personally, I dig the XX9s looks wise but honestly for me, if the traction is A1, cushion is protective and responsive, the materials are breathable and supportive, and they totally fix the Zoom bag issues, then these are a winner in my book.

Well said bro!! Bottom line...............the more people hate on the shoe, the better my chances I will have to scoop em up!! Keep hatin' haters!!! Just sayin'!!!

This thread is pure comedy to me, I've just been reading the past few pages and some of the comments about how other signature models looking better than these which I understand is all a matter of opinion, is still primarily foolishness in many respects. Not only that but how do a lot of you folks think that the Westbrook PE's colorway(which are still dope) look better than both of the Black/Red colorways to release? I mean when did white orange and blue look better than black and red? I'm starting to wonder about the NT Jordan community because its getting foolish in here. Both of those black red 29's to release are fire and the silhouette of the 29 I think is more clean than the Lebron 11 and rival the Kobe 9 (which I really like btw).

Last edited:
If they really don't have zoom in the heel, then I will pass no matter how discounted they become. Do we have an official product description? Nightwing says zoom embedded in the heel. Can anyone else confirm? If they do have heel zoom will buy for ball only but def not paying full price

Colorway is clearly inspired by the 1999 OG XIV Oxidized Green.

IMG_1414-1024x682.jpg

The problem that I have with the XX9 is that they are a $225 pair of socks. JB is simply cutting production costs by not using leather, and instead using Black Ice to paint detials on mesh that should
be sewn into the shoe.

who told you that leather is generally more expensive material than those woven ?
First of all, there are many grades and types of leather. Im sure they won't use high grade horse leather for sure. The best leather ever used on a pair of air jordans were the OG 2 with italian made leather.
While the woven material itself isnt expensive the production surely is as it has different density to allow flexibility and stability as well.
Flyknit, fosmposite and woven as upper can be more
Expensive than standard full grain leather.
The leather used on air jordans (og 3 - 2011) were ok but not explicitly premium though definitely much better than the synthetic leather we get on retros of recent years.

Back
Top Bottom