***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

rhcp729 wrote:
Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

rhcp729 wrote:

rhcp729 wrote:
like i said dudes, this isn't my personal call. it's our owners, they're being pretty strict with this release. it's company policy not to give prices out over the phone or internet. and there's no telling who from my job is looking at this post. but if you don't like the way we do business why shop, and why complain? we're still the best sneaker store in the saint louis area.

*edit* also, to those who've been calling or were thinking about it. we're doing a raffle as well. this was decided in the last 24 hours, not sure how i feel about it exactly.

What do you have to do to get a raffle ticket?

we're going to start giving them out at 10 am next friday. we'll open at 11.

Be sure and take pics of the crowd; I'm sure there will be some interesting people who come out of the woodwork.

i write for sneakernews.com, and i'm going to be doing a little story on the release. with pictures, interviews and everything. see what people are rocking to the store that day, etc.

Sounds like a cool gig. I checked out their site and saw they are looking for a part-time blogger. Too bad it's in NYC; I have a degree in English and liketo write but have no desire to apply for a job in NYC. I'm sure it's a cool city and all, but I can't see trying to get a part-time job thatrequires me to move 1/3 of the way across the country.

How did you get in with them?

Just called a friend in the san jose region who claims his store is recieving them but his store isnt on the list.... mmmmm
sounds fishy but i wouldnt mind
laugh.gif

I am willing to bet good money these will show up in a "couple" more stores than are listed as the top 23.

In all honesty,I think the all-star release will be more of a collectible.

Trust Me

^^^ Hmmmmmmm.... BabyJ coming through dropping knowledge... makes me wonder why he says that....What is going to make the all star's more collectible???HMMMMMMMMMMM...... Interesting... very interesting... The plot thickens...

rhcp729 wrote:

rhcp729 wrote:

rhcp729 wrote:
like i said dudes, this isn't my personal call. it's our owners, they're being pretty strict with this release. it's company policy not to give prices out over the phone or internet. and there's no telling who from my job is looking at this post. but if you don't like the way we do business why shop, and why complain? we're still the best sneaker store in the saint louis area.

*edit* also, to those who've been calling or were thinking about it. we're doing a raffle as well. this was decided in the last 24 hours, not sure how i feel about it exactly.

What do you have to do to get a raffle ticket?

we're going to start giving them out at 10 am next friday. we'll open at 11.
Be sure and take pics of the crowd; I'm sure there will be some interesting people who come out of the woodwork.

i write for sneakernews.com, and i'm going to be doing a little story on the release. with pictures, interviews and everything. see what people are rocking to the store that day, etc.

Sounds like a cool gig. I checked out their site and saw they are looking for a part-time blogger. Too bad it's in NYC; I have a degree in English and like to write but have no desire to apply for a job in NYC. I'm sure it's a cool city and all, but I can't see trying to get a part-time job that requires me to move 1/3 of the way across the country.

How did you get in with them?

just applied awhile back, and they got back with me. pretty simple, very nice guys as well.

as for the shoes without numbers, ill snap pics of those tonight at work, but i promise you there's at least four pairs that ARENT numbered. which is abit weird.

Just did a little calling around, taking a survey on things to see what the non-chain stores would be charging. So far, most seem to be sticking to the $230mark. Ran into one store that will be adding somewhere between $5-$20 for the added security that day.

Originally Posted by metalmaned

^^^ Hmmmmmmm.... BabyJ coming through dropping knowledge... makes me wonder why he says that....What is going to make the all star's more collectible??? HMMMMMMMMMMM...... Interesting... very interesting... The plot thickens...

very strange indeed....Baby J ALWAYS has the up and up though, so you have to believe him. I wonder what this means.

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

^^^ Hmmmmmmm.... BabyJ coming through dropping knowledge... makes me wonder why he says that....What is going to make the all star's more collectible??? HMMMMMMMMMMM...... Interesting... very interesting... The plot thickens...

very strange indeed....Baby J ALWAYS has the up and up though, so you have to believe him. I wonder what this means.

Well I guess that makes me feel better about not getting (most likely) the titanium XX3's

IMO, the other colorways pale in comparison to the titaniums, regardless of what else comes with the package....thats all marketing anyway, you only wear theshoes, not the box and dvd, et al.....
smile.gif

Maybe JB has a numbered set of these that are releasing to the top 23 stores with the shoe tree, etc...and then also has some pairs releasing that are notnumbered and without the shoe tree...Just a thought based on what BabyJ is saying and what others have said about certain stores getting these that are not onthe list. Could be wrong but just my thought.

BabyJ coming through dropping knowledge... makes me wonder why he says that....What is going to make the all star's more collectible??? HMMMMMMMMMMM
He's just offering his opinion...and he's right, the AS release is way more unique looking than this one and more geared to true OGBulls/MJ fans...

After a morning/afternoon of phone calls, here's a detailed look at the pricing for the Air Jordan XX3 Titanium release at thenon-national chain stores. You can see which stores plan to sell for MSRP, which stores are undecided and what stores over MSRP will charge -- yup, all of'em.
Oh my, this is going to be an ugly weekend.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

After a morning/afternoon of phone calls, here's a detailed look at the pricing for the Air Jordan XX3 Titanium release at the non-national chain stores. You can see which stores plan to sell for MSRP, which stores are undecided and what stores over MSRP will charge -- yup, all of 'em.

You know what is going to be even more interesting after this release is if there is any backlash from any of these 23 stores charing crazy amounts forthem. I'm real curious as to if JB will say anything about that or not because they sure as hell can monitor 23 stores!!!! Something for these smallershops to think about and stop thinking about being greedy, they are already making basically 100% profit selling shoes but doubling your money isn't goodenough??? Greed always loses in the end...

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

After a morning/afternoon of phone calls, here's a detailed look at the pricing for the Air Jordan XX3 Titanium release at the non-national chain stores. You can see which stores plan to sell for MSRP, which stores are undecided and what stores over MSRP will charge -- yup, all of 'em.

You know what is going to be even more interesting after this release is if there is any backlash from any of these 23 stores charing crazy amounts for them. I'm real curious as to if JB will say anything about that or not because they sure as hell can monitor 23 stores!!!! Something for these smaller shops to think about and stop thinking about being greedy, they are already making basically 100% profit selling shoes but doubling your money isn't good enough??? Greed always loses in the end...

That's sort of the question I'm posing at the end of what I wrote: As much as I'd like to lay all the blame at the feet of the stores, where isJordan Brand in all of this?

Call me crazy, but whats the difference between resellers and stores that are jacking up the price to make extra money?

Originally Posted by HMack007

Call me crazy, but whats the difference between resellers and stores that are jacking up the price to make extra money?

I think in situations like this, when supply is so scarce and rare, if someone sits in the cold for 4-5 days and buys something for MSRP, and then flips itfor twice that amount, that's their deal because of the time they spent. I don't give stores that same pass.

EDIT: And with that being said, a retailer charging a reseller's price is to assume that every person gettingthese will be reselling, which does screw the people who want them either for a collection or to wear.

Yeah that's a good way to look at it.....

See, maybe I'm just selfish......there's a good chance that I have to kick someones door in on friday morning and I know that I'm going to missthis release if I do......

something sounds real fishy with the titanium release. Some stores on the list say they got their pairs and not all of them are numbered and now some storesnot on the list claim to be receiving them. What gives?

Originally Posted by buschfan04

man r-sole is selling them for 500dollars wow thats a little crazy.

greedy bastards. they can take that money to hell with them. i hope there is a backlash against stores who try to rape customers. the $230 price tag isbad enough.

Thought I'd share this with yall. 100% Lambskin Leather. There's not as much red on this one as there was on the sample.
Retail is $400.
zwfc6o.jpg

rr1nia.jpg

Originally Posted by buschfan04

man r-sole is selling them for 500dollars wow thats a little crazy.

i wish there was a place like this in nyc i would be more then willing to pay $500.00 so i dont have to be in the street over night

Back
Top Bottom