Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

Originally Posted by mints

You know seeing these footlocker receipts has me wondering, how do they get away with this? This can't be an official policy since their website has no stipulations about what you can and can't return. If I ever ran across this I'd be on the phone with corporate post-haste. As it is I can't usually stand the way employees at the big chains treat customers so I try to spend my money with smaller local shops as much as possible.

They get away with it because the majority of their consumers are idiots. Anyone that follows this made up policy deserves a slap to the head. I remember a FTL around here hit me with the "oh, we don't do returns at this location, you have to take it to...." when I was returning the half cents my accidently bought me instead of the pewters last year. Called corporate from inside the store and they got everything squared away. Retail warriors are the absolute worst.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

There's only 24 pages on this release.... how in the world did these sell out like that
30t6p3b.gif

Oh i know how..... resellers
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

they were limited, do the math.
indifferent.gif

So what.... even this sneaker should not sell out as it did.

Wow I know these were limited but this is crazy. I went to the mall today in the afternoon since I wanted to see the quality and they were already sold out. I thought that these would sit for at least a week or two like the Last Shots or Georgetowns but wow. This scares me for upcoming releases like the XIIs.

Originally Posted by andrew3dc

Wow I know these were limited but this is crazy. I went to the mall today in the afternoon since I wanted to see the quality and they were already sold out. I thought that these would sit for at least a week or two like the Last Shots or Georgetowns but wow. This scares me for upcoming releases like the XIIs.

Went to the mall in the middle of the day of release day and the stores said they all sold out within 5 minutes. We've got a few shoe stores in the mall that were sold out of them and another right outside the mall. All gone when the stores opened. Just ridiculous. 

i was able to find a couple of spots that had them last night. stores near big cities always sell out, my job is driving so im always on the lookout for mom and pop stores in small areas.

Guy in the area had a pair listed for 200 yesterday. I offered him 180 and sadi I'd come get them. He said he needed 250 because thats what he paid for them because he got an advance on his pay check to buy them and he paid 250 for them, so he wouldn't take any less than he paid. Couple other people in the area are asking 250 too. Guys think they have Concords or something

LOL +*%

Seems weird FTL has been stamping the no refund on these with all of the reports of horrible quality.

Guess resellers stuck with them.

No one is paying over retail for these, especially not what eBay prices are, unless their 06 or prior.

Hopefully this release kills a few resellers forever....or at least until after the Playoff XII's.

everything sells out. If mj wore pink etonics back in the day. They were to re retro,it would sell out asap. I actually caught a glimpse of someone wearing a pair they look clean, i wouldn't of been able to tell them apart. Every thing sells nowadays, sometimes if i happen to come across a hype beast shoe that sold out. i think to myself did someone pull a swap a ru. meaning they purchase from a fake site and make a quick swap. Its a conspiracy i tell u...

I think its funny resellers are gonna stuck with these... If we continue to let them get stuck with stuff we can finally get rid of them... I'll be glad when this fad comes to an end. I bought these cause they meant something to me, not for hype about a QS

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

I think its funny resellers are gonna stuck with these... If we continue to let them get stuck with stuff we can finally get rid of them... I'll be glad when this fad comes to an end. I bought these cause they meant something to me, not for hype about a QS
That's a curren$y lyric right?
Your sig, I mean.

Foot Locker's new policy is to combat resellers, matter of fact. These idiots would go and buy up stock and, once they realize they were charging outrageous prices, demand decreases and the market becomes oversaturated thus forcing them to cut their losses or just return them to come out even, so to speak.

Originally Posted by iRock

Originally Posted by RicFawse

My pair looked a little bent on the corner where the top lace is. I was like @!*? Still pretty satisfied, but I can see why people complain about the inconsistency on quality. I remember when I saw these in Footlocker for 49.99! And I was too poor to get them LOL college days!

Like mine?

Also, my biggest gripe about these is the red paint.
You would think that a limited release would get more attention, think again!

Maybe I'm being picky?
But these in '99 were top notch quality.
$150 back then was like $205 bucks in today's money.

I don't think that's picky at all. I think I could deal with your bending as mine was at the top lace. I'll definitely post pics after school tomorrow.

FutureDHughes wrote:

No one is paying over retail for these, especially not what eBay prices are, unless their 06 or prior.

eyes.gif

sure they will! why wouldn't someone pay over retail for a sold out item, every retro Jordan shoe ends up selling for more than retail this your 1st rodeo?

I'd be upset if my pair was poor quality too. The only thing I'd say is that the OG quality was NOT good, anyone who says so doesn't know what they're takin about. In a couple wears the foam teeth came unglued on mine, and then began to chip. The toebox quickly came unglued from the midsole. Other than perhaps the type of leather used, I can't imagine these having worse materials used (especially glue and paint). That said, this is one of my favorite colorways and if my pair frm NDC is trash I won't hesitate to return them.

Originally Posted by ceemcee

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

That's a curren$y lyric right?
Your sig, I mean.

Yessir!! From Friendly with Wiz.... The good ole days... Sorry to be off topic, just responding to fam.

Hopefully these and those hideous Stealth X's will calm the reselling down a bit. Not holding my breath though.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

FutureDHughes wrote:

eyes.gif

sure they will! why wouldn't someone pay over retail for a sold out item, every retro Jordan shoe ends up selling for more than retail this your 1st rodeo?

^ Well I was referring to the quality issues.
But you're right, people will buy anything and pay any amount.

tired.gif

I always like how 14's look with pants, that being said I wouldnt pay more than 120 in any colorway. Rookie resellers got caught with their pants down this time. I also find a little ray of sunshine that footlocker is making these fools eat em & settle for retail or take a loss just to recoup some of their $@+!%+ $$ back. Busters.

Originally Posted by hommert

Originally Posted by andrew3dc

Went to the mall in the middle of the day of release day and the stores said they all sold out within 5 minutes. We've got a few shoe stores in the mall that were sold out of them and another right outside the mall. All gone when the stores opened. Just ridiculous. 

Keep in mind the when the last shots came out there was also a lot of heat that came out around that time, plus everyone was holding out for the Concords.  The Christmas Kobe, Lebron, Durants and other kicks.  However I still agree that this shoe, did NOT sellout due to those of us who really wanted them, but due to resellers (all because they saw the QS stamp on them)
roll.gif

Unlike the last shots, I do agree that these could have been done better, I went to Niketown and got mine and they didn't have that fresh pressed, never touched look like the last shots did, but they still were real clean, will post pics later.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

There's only 24 pages on this release.... how in the world did these sell out like that
30t6p3b.gif

Oh i know how..... resellers
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

they were limited, do the math.
indifferent.gif

Actually it was the only hyped shoe that released this weekend and yes QS too.

Originally Posted by Carolina Finest

f37267563af5e8401df20de908f5e39ffdc7ea82_r.jpeg

I like seeing this ^ Behind Kobe, D. Wade is the other player (and 3rd D. Rose), that I enjoy watching and if JB, had D.Wade wearing the retros and flagship model J's they most def would sellout!  I am from the 90's era and lets face it WE ALL know that whatever Jordan wore soldout, hence the OG colorways everyone (yes even the kids who NEVER saw Jordan play), are the ones everyone talks about.

Back
Top Bottom