Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Originally Posted by Mpharmboy

For the real old school heads--- Do you remember when you could call Eastbay and order something months before it came out and they would put it on "backorder" for you? You would get a postcard from them every 3-4 weeks letting you know that your shoes were on backorder. I did so many pairs of shoes like that. I ordered AJ Is, IIIs, VIs, XIs, and countless other shoes that way. I remember ordering true blues and black cements 4 months before they released. Did the same with the Concords. Now THAT was a good time

YUP!!! Do yall remember the Concords hitting the outlets in the tens of thousands on the first retro? Maaaan, that was the good o'll days lol Can't remember if it was $69.99 or $79.99. 
are we reminiscing now?

when the 00s dropped. i went to the mall at 12pm lol.asked for my size 11 at Doumits,what yall youngbucks and hypebeasts know about that in the bay area. guy said oh that guy over there has the last size 11, and points at dood.

dood is over there TRYING THEM ON, seeing if he likes em. he was with his girl.

so im hovering em and shadowing em. like white on rice while he is trying them on. he ASKS HIS GIRL, "you think i should get em?" his lady goes "its up to you" guy pauses, which seemed like the longest pause.. cause i already had the OGs but they were beat to hell. then he goes "ill just get em NEXT TIME" 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! swooooooooped

paid cash money $125 IIRC  + tax lol

i wonder where that guy is now, telling this same story when these concords just came out saying damn, shouldve bought those first retros..

cue cool story bro pic please

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Realtalk, if I dont get in on one of these restocks Id be willing to cop a pre release pair as well. But im not gonna pay more than retail for something you and I both know is a pre release pair.

orlyputinyd3.jpg

Originally Posted by philaflava1

Mental Kicks has a restock today as well. More than likely later today.

THIS...just be weary of this site...they are known to sell variants/"fakes"...i think we already established their credibility a few pages back

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Realtalk, if I dont get in on one of these restocks Id be willing to cop a pre release pair as well. But im not gonna pay more than retail for something you and I both know is a pre release pair.

orlyputinyd3.jpg
Without question, If I walked into an outlet today and they had B grades for 180, Im buying up everything they have in stock. Same premise. Obviously im gonna try and get an official pair as well. But from the looks of some of the horror story pics, some of the official release pairs are worse than the pre release pairs. 
Originally Posted by bigsupa

^^wth is a pre-release pair??

or a non-legit pair...im still waiting on an answer

B-Grades. That came out before the official release date 

Originally Posted by pyboy28

THIS...just be weary of this site...they are known to sell variants/"fakes"...i think we already established their credibility a few pages back
In my dealings I can't say I have come across anything suspect. I know they have a reputation because of where they are based and the fact they get everything. I will say they have the absolute WORST communication and half the time you're left in the dark about your order. It's a Yahoo e-commerce page and when you order its a complete crap shoot.

That said, I'm sure they will sell out today at whatever their price is because people are too hungry for these.

Originally Posted by pyboy28

In my dealings I can't say I have come across anything suspect. I know they have a reputation because of where they are based and the fact they get everything. I will say they have the absolute WORST communication and half the time you're left in the dark about your order. It's a Yahoo e-commerce page and when you order its a complete crap shoot.

That said, I'm sure they will sell out today at whatever their price is because people are too hungry for these.
absolutely right on that... communication is awful and shipping wont be fast by any means but i have had people order from them and be happy with their purchase and they say they are a 100% authentic if not full refund 

So has mentalkicks.com been known to sell pre-release pairs? I am interested in their restock but if they are anything like Air Randy I will stay away. I have no experience with them can anybody shed some light for me???

Just copped a sz. 11 from anyconline.com used the 10% off code to get them to $310 shipped with UPS 2nd day air.  Bought them for a long time collector who has bought hella pairs from me and offered me $350 for a pair. I'm now officially done with this release.

Those still on the hunt just cop from anyconline and use discount code: "anyc10" which was posted a couple pages back to take them down to $300 before shipping. That price is terrible but might be the best price you'll find in the US. 

GOOD LUCK!!!

Originally Posted by kicksb4tricks

Originally Posted by ronizle

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

MY CT order states that it is at the delivery depot and has been there since the 30th.
I don't even know where mine is since I didn't get a tracking number with it 
mad.gif

My original tracking number from CT was for DPD shipping out of the UK - then I noticed today that it said they couldn't contact me. So I called DPD and they said my package was with another US shipper. So I called them and they said the contact phone number for me from CT was (111)111-1111. Long story short, they needed me to pay customs before they could ship to me. Cray.

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

So has mentalkicks.com been known to sell pre-release pairs? I am interested in their restock but if they are anything like Air Randy I will stay away. I have no experience with them can anybody shed some light for me???

Yeah, they've been known to sell pre-release pairs like AR.  I know I've said this before, but I'll type it again, I'm 99% convinced that you'll be receiving the same exact shoe (the newer batch anyways) as you'd get from NDC, Eastbay, or FL, but it's just whether or not they've been "blessed" by Nike.  If you don't care about it, buy from AR, they've got it cheaper at $240.  It's really a morality issue at this point, but then again, if you're buying Nikes, instead of going half ******, why not go full ******? My 2 cents anyways.

Somebody please post in english ##+ is a Pre-release pair? Wouldn't any pair that is made really come from Nike to begin with? Pre, after, promo? It has to be made by Nike.

I get what b-grades are but what in the hell is a pre-release pair?

Well looks like everyone that ordered from end this am will be hit with customs. One pair is over the the 250 threshold. That will put them at over $300. 

Originally Posted by Mpharmboy

For the real old school heads--- Do you remember when you could call Eastbay and order something months before it came out and they would put it on "backorder" for you? You would get a postcard from them every 3-4 weeks letting you know that your shoes were on backorder. I did so many pairs of shoes like that. I ordered AJ Is, IIIs, VIs, XIs, and countless other shoes that way. I remember ordering true blues and black cements 4 months before they released. Did the same with the Concords. Now THAT was a good time

That's the only way I used to do it my dude, call them tell them what you were looking for pre order, DONE , simple . totaly forgot about the post cards untill you just mentioned that
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
, why exactly did they stop doing this again ?

who cares if you get a pre release then. its the same sneaker. unless the *!+@ has a grape bottom instead of blue i don't see how anyone could possibly care. the only time they should care is if its either fake or the sneaker is coming apart because it was done poorly.

Back
Top Bottom