Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by sthebest

you guys do realize that the 2002s are essentially just a retro + right?

How so? Besides the metal tipped oval laces, the shoes were closer to the OG's than the DMP VII's.

you guys do realize that the 2002s are essentially just a retro + right? Not to mention theyre still somewhat available for decent prices.

with that said, pass on the Raptors. they look exactly like the ones from the DMP pack.
Please explain...
nerd.gif

As much as I'd like to trust that I could get as much life out of a VNDS/DS pair of 2002's as I would out of a NIB 2012 pair, somehow I just don't believe it.

Those soles will be separating by 2015.

If they look like that picture its an EASY pass. Why can't JB do this right?? I hope its like the Chicago X's where they change them from the first released samples!

I've been fairly happy with most of the VIIs they've retroed in the past year or two so I think they'll do these justice. These are a must cop though. Always loved the purple with the bred color scheme.

you guys do realize that the 2002s are essentially just a retro + right? Not to mention theyre still somewhat available for decent prices.

with that said, pass on the Raptors. they look exactly like the ones from the DMP pack.

5-air-jordan-vii-7-1992-omix-kicks-box.jpg
air-jordan-vii-7-og-raptors-00.jpg
air-jordan-retro-7-raptor.jpg

images

money saved, i dont understand this is the one from the dmp pack, why arent the 2002 versions dropping, could this be a hoax?

Originally Posted by derry1

Money saved

Exactly what I was gonna say. Never been a fan of the VII's. The Durabuck side supports where the JUMPMEN are, are too dang flimsy
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with ROJANJON, your avy is hella
pimp.gif

i thought this was the dark red version? honestly, what is this. i'll just get the bred 11's this year and go onto lebrons

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

The 2002 retros are still closer to the OG's than the DMP's...if anything, the DMP's resembled a weathered down or aged pair of VII's:
air-jordan-7-vii-retro-dmp-sixty-plus-60-pack-2.jpg
  =/= 
20z8lqo.jpg

The point I'm trying to make, is the OG's were darker than what many people think. This and the fact that there were different color variations on the OG's...Similar to the OG Shadow X's. Some were darker while others had a lighter shade. After they were worn and beat, the colors began to fade anyways.

Seriously, they can't just do a black nubuck upper? How is that hard? Where do they get charcoal from? The OG's were kind of an ashy black but they weren't grey. Main reason I passed on that pack is because that color was so off, so I was looking forward to them fixing it this time but I guess not. :/

Originally Posted by yoadj

pointless release smh you think these are gonna sit on shelves?

Move slowly, because hypebeast will still buy because they dont care about it being more like an OG like older collectors

Originally Posted by ijapino

The 2002 retros are still closer to the OG's than the DMP's...if anything, the DMP's resembled a weathered down or aged pair of VII's:
air-jordan-7-vii-retro-dmp-sixty-plus-60-pack-2.jpg
  =/= 
20z8lqo.jpg

The point I'm trying to make, is the OG's were darker than what many people think. This and the fact that there were different color variations on the OG's...Similar to the OG Shadow X's. Some were darker while others had a lighter shade. After they were worn and beat, the colors began to fade anyways.

I agree , defininatly dont see how the 02's are retro +, guess my post got taken out of context

2002 were as close to the OG as it can possible get.

DMP and 2012 are putting too much emphasize on the "Charcoal" and it's disgusting IMO.

I hope these are true to the OGs as far as the colors go. This was my first pair of J's in 1992.

I wore them until my mom had to throw them out because they had holes in the toe box.
pimp.gif

Those pics are hideous. Please Jordan make em like the 02 releases aka all black. Otherwise you can kiss this $160 goodbye (not that you really need my money). I would possibly cop at an outlet for >$60, other than that...shelf sittin USA.

really though? such a shame I figured my 02's would finally be retired for good guess not  
30t6p3b.gif

air-jordan-7-charcoal-2012-1.jpg

wow that shade of grey just makes this shoe look nasty to me. such a shame.

And it begins ... the increased rate of retros dropping. You guys WILL see Aqua, Playoff and White/Red VIIIs again soon too. Maybe not next year, but DEFINITELY for 2013. Also, count on Grapes and Laneys for 2013 too, if not late next year.

I hope you're right cause I've been wanting the Grapes or Laneys for awhile. 

Originally Posted by BOOMshipit

really though? such a shame I figured my 02's would finally be retired for good guess not  
30t6p3b.gif

air-jordan-7-charcoal-2012-1.jpg

wow that shade of grey just makes this shoe look nasty to me. such a shame.
i really hope thats not the 2012 retro
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom