Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Sucks hearing that... How are they compared to the Mili4s that released this year?

I know many didn't like the quality of Military 4s, I for one thought they were decent. Better than the Fire Reds IMO. Seems like the Fire, excuse me, Varsity Reds production was rushed. May just be my pair, though. I guess I've been spoiled by the quality of Nike Retros and their Big 3 sigs(Lebron, KDs, Kobes).

Best part about living in Pittsburgh is its tax free 365 days of the year, my jaw dropped when i first moved here and bought some dunks, 79.99 on the dot
Haha yeah. I just moved to PA from Portland, OR(also tax free) and was ready to be hit by tax on my pickups. I was pretty happy when I got to the register the first time out here.

Almost pulled the trigger this morning on NDC. 2 hrs later i'm glad I didn't...guess I'm just thirsty waiting on these holiday releases

I ended up copping 4 pair, the manager at finishline knows I have an online store, he told me to come back and grab more if I sell out. LOL

^ Sort of..I went down half like previous retros but these fill a little more snug. They're not cut as big as the others but I think you can still go down a half.

I have a pair in my Nikestore cart right now I'm bout to release since I was able to cop in person, size 10. Jump on it if you can

Last edited:
Interesting purchase to say the least. I added a pair to my cart on Eastbay right away and got a timer for an hour wait. No biggie, I have got the playoff XIII last year with an almost two hour wait. As time goes by, the timer jumps down a few times, to the point where I will have them in 45 minutes instead of the original hour. Then with 8 minutes left, the screen freezes. I refresh it and my timer is down to 6 minutes. Then the unthinkable happens, the screen goes white to say the site has maximum traffic. I still notice that in my web address bar that the url is for my cart so i refresh and it goes back to checkout with now 20 minutes left. This happens two more times, however the timer doesn't jump back up, it keeps going down when I refresh. About an hour after launch, I am able to checkout. Very weird checkout to say the least!
Same thing happened to me, almost. Left the checkout time at hour and a half. Came back an hour after 

eastbay tweeted my size sold out. Checked my screen and had some funky message and refreshed. BAM straight to checkout ad was able to complete. Any chance I actually get the shoes? 

Has anyone else called NDC regarding why some was getting charged tax in Cali and some weren't?

Last edited:
I got my pair and honestly, these are the lowest quality IVs, or Jordans this year. My midsole has dents and cracks in it. If I tried to sell it as is, I'm not sure if it could pass of as DS. When I saw the shoe it was almost flattened on the side because Jordan Brand cheaped out on the shoe tree and didnt put any paper in it. I didnt check real thoroghly but these were either precreased or creased from me walking to the mirror and back :smh: No major creases, but it's a sign of things to come. Im mad heated right now

I don't think this was a win for me. Got order confirmation from Eastbay, but when I check status it says back ordered until 8/4/12. Additionally, no charges or pending charges on my cc. 

I don't think this was a win for me. Got order confirmation from Eastbay, but when I check status it says back ordered until 8/4/12. Additionally, no charges or pending charges on my cc. 

id say give it some time, eastbay is usually pretty good about keeping orders

Last edited:
anyone know offhand if these will be available in-store at smaller franchises, like shiekhs or shoe palaces?

thanks in advance!

Nice Kicks ‏@nicekicks

"It is with great regrets to announce that our Jordan 4 "Fire Red" shipment was stolen by a freight handler. "

Back
Top Bottom