Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Even with employees holding pairs the total inventory would stillbe at 25 pairs just a year ago. The truth is that JB ha cut production, while increasing prices to increase sales of the Signature Sneaker and increase profits.

I believe this statement cause I talked to the manager at the Hibbetts in the mall and she told me and always have let me know how many pair they had beforehand that she usually gets about 36to48 pair and last week for the retro 10s she only got 14 and this week she got 24 pair total. And she said that all of the Hibbetts that even got these the allocation of units have shrunk.
Couple things:

1. Jordan Brand is 0% responsible for distribution WITHIN chains...how do you not understand that?

2. You guys can not judge the amount of units produced based on how many your local stores received...production on these is inline with all other Jordan Retro releases over the past few years...

3. Demand is high on this release...you guys will find ANYTHING to complain about...you guys will claim "rotting on the shelves" if the liquidation isn't 99% and on the other hand claim "Jordan Brand is screwing the consumer" if you have trouble getting a pair...nothing JB does will ever satisfy the fickle "sneakerhead" community...

Get over yourselves and grow up...

JM

^^^^^^

JB has really gone to crap. As one of the older collectors, I stopped collecting jordans practically altogether thanks to the drop off in quality and increase in price. The only J's Ive bought in the past few years have been the retro Xi's Didn't even bother trying to get these POS IVS. I thought the retro Mars IV and Military Blue's were junky but these take the cake. LOL

How did they let you people get many pairs of the 4s at Niketown, NY? Did the people with wristbands go in once and then go in and buy more AFTER the people without wristbands bought their pair or what?
I didn't know they had many so I didn't bother going.

I was at Wheaton Mall at 5:45 this morning.it waited the long line upstairs. It was people down stairs on the outside of the mall as well. security comes out and started calling out sizes. So some people went in mall and got there's.that same guy goes downstairs basically sells everyone the shoes and the people upstairs is out of luck.Security wouldn't let us in the mall. By the time we got in the mall Sold Out.

Thank God my Girlfriend cousin saw a pair in columbia,Mississippi around 1:00pm today. They had my size,she copp them and I western union her the money. I am blessed. It was a rough morning in the DMV.

Love many of the releases lately but none are worth more than $200-$220 max IMO. I have patience so will wait for these to drop when people become desperate to get rid of these. Especially the ones who bought a pair thinking they can trade them up but turns our they can't and are stuck with a size they can't even fit into. Got offers for $10 above retail on Chicago 10s and old royals fOr me to buy cause guys were getting desperate and got a pair of DS true blue 3's on a trade for my DS penny 3's plus $20 on my side. So i can wait. But happy for the guys who were able to cop their own size.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

Back in 1999, it wasn't a hassle to get these. I remember, a lot the kids were into pokemon cards in those days. Today you have to put in a lot of effort for a watered-down version of what WAS an awesome shoe.
And...that was the last time that a OG colorway of a Jordan Retro didn't have lines...

Too bad you had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to get them in 1999...

JM

Back in 1999, it wasn't a hassle to get these. I remember, a lot the kids were into pokemon cards in those days. Today you have to put in a lot of effort for a watered-down version of what WAS an awesome shoe.
I was working at NTLA during that release. We got a ton of stock on that shoe and dont remember anyone camping out for them. There were even some left at the end of the day. I bought them all, like 5 pairs, (couldnt use my discount) and put em on ebay. made some decent change 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

I hope Eastbay comes through for Platinum & Gold Loyalty members on a restock. That's how I got my black/cement 3s for retail a month later.

Fixed.

I became a Gold club member before this Platinum !*$ came around.  These restocks + the free shipping have been the only things that have made it worth it since the site is a mess with big releases.

Anyone know if roosevelt field, footlocker, footaction, champs, finishline, nike... do they usually restock GRs? With so many stores I would think so.. I've never really caught a restock before, always been too late.. this time, i'd like to be on top of things. Shoot me a PM if ya know! I appreciate the help fellas.

Originally Posted by Schwollo

JB has really gone to crap. As one of the older collectors, I stopped collecting jordans practically altogether thanks to the drop off in quality and increase in price. The only J's Ive bought in the past few years have been the retro Xi's Didn't even bother trying to get these POS IVS. I thought the retro Mars IV and Military Blue's were junky but these take the cake. LOL

indifferent.gif

Everyone says RESTOCK coming, they also said that about the Concords and I don't know about you but i'm still waiting? If there is a Restock I will be shocked! If you call Restock when Nike or Eastbay put the returns and cancelled order back up then maybe but full fledged Restock is UNLIKELY!

That was the first time I realized that they were releasing all old Jordans, I was in college and saw people rockin the IVs at the gym, my addiction started with that release
Ahhhhhh the good ol days

Welp. Just called Finishline and both my orders will be canceled. I hope I can fit these Size 12.5 or else off to the Buy/Sell Forum they go
laugh.gif

I was able to get a 9.5, but this release was just insane, and by no means EASY!!!!

NDC failed me!.....then had to head to the mall at 4:30.  I was the 15th person in line, and the sad thing for me was EVERYBODY ahead of was a reseller......smh...
grin.gif

This "sneaker game" has become terrible....just terrible.  At age 29, having this teens talking about..."I'm going to throw these up on Ebay and flip them for $350".....is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

If you really determined to get them for retail. Call Eastbay, NDC, Finishline and ask for cancelled orders. It may take a few times. Also make eastbay your homepage and they will eventually restock a few sizes but they will go fast. It happend with Concords.

These look dope on the feet. Quality is superior the the last IV's I owned, the military's. Dont seem like they will crease whatsoever. Still not sure if I should keep my second pair for years down the line or to flip it. Knowing whether or not these will come out again in the next 5 years it would make my decision easier but its a crap shoot with JB. They might say f it and put these out next year again
laugh.gif

5l6suh.jpg

Originally Posted by Magic1978

One thing, the leather on these being stiff and not as thin as on the mars and military retros, means I'll get the military in June

Definitely getting the Fire Red's now.  4's are my grail (Black Cement being #1).  I've always been lukewarm on Military's though.

Now if only I had confidence that they'll be using durabuck on the Black Cement's in November...

Went to a different mall this release.. never again.
They only had one 11.5, but 3 pairs of size 13. I was like 4th in line, and settled for a whole size down. (10.5) 

The hilarious part is, THEY FIT PERFECTLY.. 

I think my feet are freaks of nature or something 
roll.gif
 not trippin on the size.. the 10.5 isn't gonna crease AT ALL. 
indifferent.gif

Called Footlocker and Footaction at Roosevelt Field, both said they don't know about a restock.. Footlocker said they doubt there will be a restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom