Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now on the lookout for a second pair (I know I know shame on me :lol: )

I've worn these 5 times and they came out 7 days ago :lol:

I need another pair when I am done with this one.

I received a Paypal Email and a confirmation email from BD after ordering on Saturday. I had to reach out to them about shipping numerous times. They sent me an email on Tuesday saying"my order has been delivered to the courier". Wednesday I received nothing from DHL.com/it with a tracking number. I emailed BD again and asked them for a tracking number, which they sent but did not work yet. I emailed BD again and politely told them I was filing a claim (mind you I bought these Saturday and this was Wednesday) unless tracking number worked. BD told me to wait until the evening and sent me a picture of my DHL packing slip. Sure enough, they were picked up and flown out of Italy that night.

Moral of the story is, ask and Ye shall receive.

wasn't their fault.

with DHL Express tracking numbers. you have to enter the number via "shippers reference" on their site, not in the regular tracking box.

Bro, I've tracked with DHL before, I was able to track my number Wednesday night, same as DHL.com/nl

Actually, it is their fault. Oqium sent me tracking info immediately, followed by an email from DHL.com/nt. Had I not emailed BD for this info, it would never have been sent, IMO. I think they got blasted by orders and were in the "weeds". I'm not beat up about it, I'm just saying that with BD specifically my experience was they weren't sending info unless it was requested.

To echo what others have said. Backdoor are a small, indie shop on the backstreets of Bologna in Italy, probably run by no more than 2 or 3 normal guys. Yet people are acting like their orders are being filled in 500,000 sq ft warehouse like Amazon.

Can you imagine how many orders they got once the linked got posted on here? And the subsequent emails, FB/Twitter messages from probably hundreds of vulturous, impatient people. Threatening/filing Paypal claims after 3 days? Slap yourself in the face.
Do you think any of these thirsting, fiending morons in this thread that are dropping 2-3x retail are thinking about who they're dealing with or what their expectations should be? Do you think most of these guys have left their own state, let alone country? This thread has been an exhibition on how dumb the average sneakerhead is.
what they said. repped

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that the guys who are scrambling to get a pair don't trust who they're dealing with cause they're choosing to deal with foreign shops and dealers who in many cases don't even speak english or are so overwhelmed with business they haven't replied yet. It's also obvious that they dropped 3 bills and expected their shoes right away, so now they're trying to get their money back to buy elsewhere just as quickly. If you pay a company for something across the globe, your funds are going to be tied up and you need to deal with it.

In italy right now it's SATURDAY. Europeans work at a much slower pace than we do and many of them don't even work on the weekend. Bottom line is that if you paid via paypal your money is tied up for the next 6 weeks or until you successfully get your pair (and filing a complaint on paypal isn't a good way to get them to fulfill your order).

Most sneakerheads are hypebeast youngings who don't cop unless they see some celeb rocking em. Not to many in the game who genuinely love every aspect of sneakers and wear all the pairs we own.

The next person who post a dunk link,I'm spitting on them.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode.../blue/black/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

i remember how low profile this thread was a just a few weeks ago...even some people excited about a possible "easy cop" because of all star releases. I was one of those clinging to false hopes. now my soul litters the boulevard of broken dreams, doomed to wander the land of resale.

If I were an overseas merchant selling these, I wouldn't sell it to Americans either. I don't blame Snipes one bit for disallowing the purchase of these because of some idiotic people from the states making ridiculous PayPal dispute claims like how these other overseas sites are experiencing...:smh:

If you scavengers wouldn't have been making business harder for some of these sites in the past, I'm sure there would've been a lot more people in here happy they were able to get a pair from overseas...dudes in here trying to order more than 1 pair, when most of these sites tell you 1 pair per person...still greedy and deceptive enough to try and get more than 1 pair..then got the audacity to wonder why you got your order cancelled.....to a certain degree, I can see why some Europeans have the stereotypes they do about us..:smh:

...and for the folks who missed out, do like I did and either bite the bullet and cop from somewhere or give it up because these are obviously not easy to come by for most people...0]

To echo what others have said. Backdoor are a small, indie shop on the backstreets of Bologna in Italy, probably run by no more than 2 or 3 normal guys. Yet people are acting like their orders are being filled in 500,000 sq ft warehouse like Amazon.

Can you imagine how many orders they got once the linked got posted on here? And the subsequent emails, FB/Twitter messages from probably hundreds of vulturous, impatient people. Threatening/filing Paypal claims after 3 days? Slap yourself in the face.

Do you think any of these thirsting, fiending morons in this thread that are dropping 2-3x retail are thinking about who they're dealing with or what their expectations should be? Do you think most of these guys have left their own state, let alone country? This thread has been an exhibition on how dumb the average sneakerhead is.
what they said. repped

Actually, I'm gonna disagree on this one. I have been out of the country and respect other cultures but when you lay out 260-270 and don't receive a tracking number without sending an email, looks suspect. I guess it's my ignorance to think they'd have their s*** together like an Oqium...(raises hand to face).

Actually, I'm gonna disagree on this one. I have been out of the country and respect other cultures but when you lay out 260-270 and don't receive a tracking number without sending an email, looks suspect. I guess it's my ignorance to think they'd have their s*** together like an Oqium...(raises hand to face).

Feel free to disagree, but when you drop your money into the hands of a company via paypal, why take a dump on them by filing a claim 2-3 days after paying? PayPal isn't going to do anything about getting your money back for WEEKS regardless of whether you file it on day 1 or day 41. All you do is risk pissing off the seller who ends up selling them to someone else and has your money for 6 weeks before refunding you. It's no skin off their back.

i think its ridiculous to expect some little shop in italy to be as organized, efficient and quick as eastbay. Be patient, and even if you file a claim its not like you are getting the money back that second. Either way its gonna take a while, why not be patient and let things play out for at least a week before panicking. Starting to understand why the rest of the world hates us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom