Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Yep, Nike could care less about resellers.  If they did, they would increase production numbers of every retro they released.  Why risk having shoes sit though when you don't have to?  Especially when you can use it as an opportunity to push out a different shoe and have that one sell out as well.

If anything, they probably relish the fact that people are willing to pay so much for products that cost them pennies to make.  Why else would they be pumping out 3+ retros a month?  There has never been a time where they've released this much.  The people to "blame" for the aftermarket prices are those who willingly pay those prices.  It takes two to tango.  You can't sell products at a markup to imaginary buyers.  People love to blame resellers for everything.  How about saying no and living without a shoe you miss out on?
I've been saying the same thing for the longest time. Resellers aren't effecting JB's bottom line one bit so why would they care? The real culprits are the pseudo sneakerheads themselves. They are their own worst enemy and they're to stupid to see it. The Pokemon mentality is at the root of the problem. People just have to have EVERY release. Sometimes even 2 or more pairs of the same damn shoe LOL. They're so delusional that they don't even deem said behavior as a problem. It's always easier to just point the finger at someone else though.

Honestly, this is a horrible video. Not trying to bash you but I literally can hear NOTHING you are saying. Isn't that the point of the video? To be able to hear what you are saying comparison wise. Is the leather high quality full grain leather? Quality overall better? Thanks for what you did show.
Jesus Christ. . . I'm not offended and you guys really need to READ the proceeding posts!

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED: " It's not my personal video and I just wanted to share what I saw! The music is too loud and the owner of the video apologized for it on the description on youtube. You do get a chance to see the shoes in a video! Be grateful! You're welcome! 
happy.gif
 "

IF YOU WANT YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK BUTTON ON THE EMBEDDED VIDEO, AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS IN A COMMENT ON YOUTUBE FOR THE OWNER OF THE SHOES AND THE VIDEO TO ANSWER!

I DO NOT OWN THESE SHOES, NOR DID I MAKE THIS VIDEO!

Yep, Nike could care less about resellers.  If they did, they would increase production numbers of every retro they released.  Why risk having shoes sit though when you don't have to?  Especially when you can use it as an opportunity to push out a different shoe and have that one sell out as well.

If anything, they probably relish the fact that people are willing to pay so much for products that cost them pennies to make.  Why else would they be pumping out 3+ retros a month?  There has never been a time where they've released this much.  The people to "blame" for the aftermarket prices are those who willingly pay those prices.  It takes two to tango.  You can't sell products at a markup to imaginary buyers.  People love to blame resellers for everything.  How about saying no and living without a shoe you miss out on?
QFT

I've been saying the same thing for the longest time. Resellers aren't effecting JB's bottom line one bit so why would they care? The real culprits are the pseudo sneakerheads themselves. They are their own worst enemy and they're to stupid to see it. The Pokemon mentality is at the root of the problem. People just have to have EVERY release. Sometimes even 2 or more pairs of the same damn shoe LOL. They're so delusional that they don't even deem said behavior as a problem. It's always easier to just point the finger at someone else though.
PREACH BROTHAS PREACH! I couldn't agree more! The Pokemon reference was funny! #GOTTACATCH'EMALL

You're right, they are giving absolutely nothing in return for low customers and people who aren't reluctant to pay the extra 40. Even fake shoes come with extra items these days, bags, retro cards, socks and etc. 

whats actually sad is that people go out of their way to get these crappy quality shoes on release date because theyre supposedly "so much better quality than the early releases". im now learning these early grey market releases have the same quality as these release date pairs. for instance, my Concords from DTLR had a matte finish to the carbon fiber and small marks on the icey soles :rolleyes

i would NEVER pay over retail for any GR Jordan made since 2007.

Well said!

lol at pokemon mentality.
Anyway Nike needs to (and most likely does) realize the extra money spent on preorders/resellers is to avoid camping out or stressing out in front of a computer for hours. Not because they think the already overpriced shoe is worth more.

Bet the peeps on here that are for the price hikes weren't one of the kids back in the day that mom and pops weren't paying $100+ on a pair of kicks...

I always got the clearance big5 kicks. First and only pair of Js my mom bought me was only because they were on clearance.

40 dollars increase for having Nike air on the back is beyond worth it.

Whatt??? Que??

Lol these are the kind of stupid comments i hate to see. JB has you guys brainwashed. Same quality( maybe even worse ) on a shoe released in 2011 and its ok for it to retail @ $200.

crazy

Whatt??? Que??

Lol these are the kind of stupid comments i hate to see. JB has you guys brainwashed. Same quality( maybe even worse ) on a shoe released in 2011 and its ok for it to retail @ $200.

crazy
Once again...Quality has been down for years, while prices have steadily risen. If you continue to support ANY JB retro releases, not just this release you too are brainwashed.

^I don't know man...that might be too optimistic. More likely for them to just increase retail by 20... That's it :lol:

I'm half joking...but I'm also not :smh:

A lot of companies get to the point where they feel themselves and think that their fan base is so strong you can throw whatever you want out and fans will continue to buy. Over my lifetime I have seen this time and time again eventually the consumers change their tunes and go elsewhere. Jordan 3s at 199 Is ridiculous especially from all I can tell a price hike for adding air on the back. Will it sell out sure no doubt in my mind but this type of stuff will backfire inevitably.

Bet the peeps on here that are for the price hikes weren't one of the kids back in the day that mom and pops weren't paying $100+ on a pair of kicks...

I always got the clearance big5 kicks. First and only pair of Js my mom bought me was only because they were on clearance.
My mom never got me an expensive pair of kicks. My first jordan was the 99 Tech Grey IVs. She had no idea how often i would pocket lunch money and take food from home to get em.

A lot of companies get to the point where they feel themselves and think that their fan base is so strong you can throw whatever you want out and fans will continue to buy. Over my lifetime I have seen this time and time again eventually the consumers change their tunes and go elsewhere. Jordan 3s at 199 Is ridiculous especially from all I can tell a price hike for adding air on the back. Will it sell out sure no doubt in my mind but this type of stuff will backfire inevitably.

Basically.

People who **** with a lot of video games know thats what Sony did when they released a $600 system that had no good games for over 2 years. Amongst other things such as declining quality accross the board on ALL their electronics. They should be declaring bankruptcy soon. If I recall correctly their bond status has been reduced to junk.

Last edited:
Sony was def one of the companies I was thinking of. The lower quality in Js has turned a lot of my friends off already. Combine higher prices lower quality and flooding the market with retros every week will not help brand in long run and market will correct itself. It's like the housing bubble that burst just with shoes as crazy as it sounds but true

I agree 100% ill be 40 in a month and remember getting these for 15th birthday in 88 so $200 is a drop in the bucket for these classics
Same here man !

I'm 40 and still remember walking to the mall, so i can just look at the shoes on display.  I walked home empty handed (i did manage to get myself a blizard from DQ) cuz I didn't have enough to buy, but I love looking at the shoes....hahahahaha good old days.

I most likely wont have the time to go line up for this release because of work and family....so I pay a little more to other young men who has the time to make a little extra money for themselves. I'm glad to pay and please call me a sucka !! 

The bubble on these retro and limited sneaks will most certainly bust at some point, but not right now. Hell, how many people in this forum have already purchased 5+ pairs of kicks in 2013 already from Nike? I know I have which means that this **** ain't changing anytime soon. Jordan's have been increasing in popularity for years straight as has already been said, and with the current fashion trends revolving around 80s and 90s wear this bubble is still growing.

Sony was def one of the companies I was thinking of. The lower quality in Js has turned a lot of my friends off already. Combine higher prices lower quality and flooding the market with retros every week will not help brand in long run and market will correct itself. It's like the housing bubble that burst just with shoes as crazy as it sounds but true
Whats worse is that Sony did nothing to remedy their situation. They just kept making it worse for themselves. I, like most people my age, was a sony fan when I was a kid. I waited for their competition to the iPod, when it came out it was complete trash. I could never understand why they would make those. (minidisk player and their ****** mp3 player). Now after a whole bunch of crappy decisions I skip over the sony selection when shopping for a new electronic. I can see the same thing happening to JB for the reasons you just pointed out. They keep driving away their core market. That is simply stupid considering 80% of a companies revenues come from the same 20% of customers. When this Jordan bubble collapses for the next big thing, they will have lost much of their core and casual audience.

I cant speak for everyone but I know if I did ever retire, Jordans are not the shoes I would buy on my occasional purchase for quality issues.

The bubble on these retro and limited sneaks will most certainly bust at some point, but not right now. Hell, how many people in this forum have already purchased 5+ pairs of kicks in 2013 already from Nike? I know I have which means that this **** ain't changing anytime soon. Jordan's have been increasing in popularity for years straight as has already been said, and with the current fashion trends revolving around 80s and 90s wear this bubble is still growing.
It takes some sneakers longer than others to become unpopular. Air Force ones were on everyone's feet for almost as long as I remember. Now I dont see em around anymore. Whenever I go to a sneaker store I see so many cool colorways that would not have been on shelves 5 or 6 years ago. (personally I think AFs make your feet look big and crease to easy so I only bought a few before giving them up for good). Other sneakers like Adidas come in and out for a while, but eventually even jordans will meet the same fate as the rest

Last edited:
Copped 5x.. Yep complained about NOT havin Nike Air 10 years ago.. Happy as F now :D $200 psssh back in 88 my mom said $100??pssshhhh..

Back
Top Bottom