Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Being new to the jordan retro game I did not know you have to go half a size down for a TTS fit on some models. I was lucky enough to get an 88 pair off NDC and bought my regular size 8. Right away I felt the shoe a little off. I had recently bought the fire red V's as well but had never tried them on. So I went ahead and tried those on and those were worst than the 88's, they felt like clown shoes to be honest since they are heavy as well. I was lucky enough to catch a restock on NDC and bought a sz 7.5 on the fire red V's. I received them today and I can definitely feel the difference and they feel TTS now. I guess I will have to send my size 8 back to NDC. 

Now the 88's are not as bad as the fire red V's but I know it is going to bother me that there a lil big than TTS and I like my kicks to be a snug fit. So my question to you veterans, since this shoe is so rare and the days are gone where you can go to a store and try them on before you buy or just exchange them, how can I go about acquiring a 7.5 on the 88's. I have heard of people doing trades but how do I go about looking for people trading? Should I just suck it up and maybe hope to grab another restock somewhere and sell my current ones? 
I don't see why you don't just keep them and possibly wear some Nike Elite socks to help make them feel more snug?  Maybe possibly try wearable shoe trees along with the Spenco Polysorb insole to help prevent paint cracking and creases as well?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, repped! This sounds better than going trough the hassle of trading or trying to be on the lookout for restocks.

lol.. Not really a follower son! Honestly I never could afford Jordans back in the days and I didn't have parents that would buy me sneakers this expensive, now being a 30 yr adult and being able to afford a few pairs of jordans without thinking of the cost I wanted to buy some of my favorite Jordans that I could never gotten in the past. Yeah I'm a little late, no big deal... just worst quality jordans now a days though..
I don't think these shoes were released in a 7.5. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Size run on ndc started at 8. I'd keep them.

I don't think these shoes were released in a 7.5. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Size run on ndc started at 8. I'd keep them.
Damn If that is true... I didn't notice. I remember this past saturday I tried grabbing a 7.5 on the crimson 3's on NDC and I put them on the cart and when I went to check out it kick me back out to the main website and I could no longer select them. I figure it was due to high traffic from people trying to get the corks. I could have swore I saw them available on 7.5, the 88's that is. Anyways, I am keeping them the subtle difference is enough to bother me but the beauty of the shoe will keep my mind at peace.. lol ahahah..

^ same dilemma I had never came across 7.5 in 88'
Maybe a different sock might help though
Trying to get a pair for retail :wink: waiting for a restock to get my 1st pair

Hey guys i need your help...Im willing to trade my AJ 3 true blues 2001 vnds and Aj 1 royals 2001 vnds size 9.5 both pairs for a pair of 88 3s. good trade? or too much?

a size 7.5 never released in the nike air the sizes jumped from youth 7 to men's 8

no 7.5

only way you might get a size 7.5 if there released in europe canada or asia next month and if that size exists

Last edited:
^ same dilemma I had never came across 7.5 in 88'
Maybe a different sock might help though
Trying to get a pair for retail
wink.gif
waiting for a restock to get my 1st pair
Thanks guys for being helpful and informational! Both repped! Again, I'm being picky but the difference is not that big of a deal that I am making it to be and although my brain does notice it I will get used to it. Also knowing that there was no sz 7.5 is putting my mind more at ease...lol...I do find it funny how quickly you notice that little difference though. lol

Last edited:
yeah thats a ripoff man, def dont do that.

save your money and buy the 3s.

i have sold a plenty of shoe and usually regret selling any of the ones i ever really loved.

Here is mu definition of vnds

[ATTACHMENT=2159]338552_3466655906857_166629139_o.jpg (280k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=2160]219757_3466658346918_1358961670_o.jpg (234k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Those look good my man props, don't make that trade though you got some heat, and you want to trade all that for Nike Air? Besides its a good chance they release March 23rd, if it was me I would wait.

Those look good my man props, don't make that trade though you got some heat, and you want to trade all that for Nike Air? Besides its a good chance they release March 23rd, if it was me I would wait.
Thanks man, now im havin 2nd thoughts:smile: but im inlove the quality of those 88 pair. i knowsome pairs that released has deffects

Last edited:
lol.. Not really a follower son! Honestly I never could afford Jordans back in the days and I didn't have parents that would buy me sneakers this expensive, now being a 30 yr adult and being able to afford a few pairs of jordans without thinking of the cost I wanted to buy some of my favorite Jordans that I could never gotten in the past. Yeah I'm a little late, no big deal... just worst quality jordans now a days though..

Damn, Even the newcomers are complaining about quality.:smh:

Back
Top Bottom