Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

laugh.gif

u sound like you havin flash backs b, da salt is percolating.
Nah I'm actually apart of this newer generation but I'm maturer than these kids out here today because I actually work to get my Jordans and I don't get every retro release just because it has Jordan on it.

Love the Nike Air move ( Even with the release of these in 2011 with the Jumpman :lol: )

The release is gonna be all types of hell though :x

Cats will never be satisfied.

First it's, "we need NA on the back". Now that its happening, dudes are crying over value going down.

Tough crowd.

OG's won't completely lose their value, but in the end who cares? Shoes were made to be worn. I had pretty much all the OG III's, IV's, V's, VI's and it was a waste. Just about every day I would stare at some sneakers that I really wanted to wear but couldn't. I think I speak for a lot of the guys that were collectors (notice I didn't say all) from the earlier days (pre-2000) that this is welcomed and long overdue. If they mass produced the hell out of them I wouldn't be mad (they wont btw). All this sole swapping and wearing Jordan's that look like some science experiment gone wrong just for the sake of Nike Air was never a go for me.
but any how, here's a flik of a fresh pair of 94 retro's I no longer own but will most definitely be replacing, enjoy
View media item 189031
this is where the problem is for me. I WANT them to look exactly like the 94 retro. Higher ankle collar, tumbled leather, and more padding around the ankle/tongue areas. I know we won't get that. It's gonna be the same as last years retro but with Nike Air. Will I try to get a pair? Yes, because this is my favorite colorway of the iii's. But I know how they will turn out. Use real tumbled leather to justify the price hike like the bin series.

I do not understand why everyone is so excited about these. I mean, NIKE AIR is awesome on the back, but quality is going be the same which is CRAP.

Regardless, I am glad JB is bringing back the NIKE AIR but quality is still an issue. Going sell out anyway.

my .02.

You guys talk about quality but when they did give such as the Motorsport 6 released nobody wants, you can see those always selling at retail or below, point blank it's not about quality is about the hype with most of the sneaker heads today

OG's won't completely lose their value, but in the end who cares? Shoes were made to be worn. I had pretty much all the OG III's, IV's, V's, VI's and it was a waste. Just about every day I would stare at some sneakers that I really wanted to wear but couldn't. I think I speak for a lot of the guys that were collectors (notice I didn't say all) from the earlier days (pre-2000) that this is welcomed and long overdue. If they mass produced the hell out of them I wouldn't be mad (they wont btw). All this sole swapping and wearing Jordan's that look like some science experiment gone wrong just for the sake of Nike Air was never a go for me.
but any how, here's a flik of a fresh pair of 94 retro's I no longer own but will most definitely be replacing, enjoy
View media item 189031

Amen!!!!

I do not understand why everyone is so excited about these. I mean, NIKE AIR is awesome on the back, but quality is going be the same which is CRAP.
Regardless, I am glad JB is bringing back the NIKE AIR but quality is still an issue. Going sell out anyway.

my .02.
Report the bad quality jb put out to bbb... Better yet grab all da folks who complain about quality materials and go occupy nike/jb

When something seems to good to be true, in most cases it is. Fellas, I really get the feeling something is going to go HORRIBLY wrong with this release.

1) Could be extremely limited

2) Might be rediculously over-priced (most of you guys could care less about this).

3) May be teriible quality

4) Possibly bundled with a not so "hot" sneaker (or a sneaker that has been over retroed and you don't want).

5) Worst case scenario.....Could be all of the above.......

I really hate to just sound so pessimistic, but c'mon now! When was the last time they've ever been this good to us (11-12 years ago)?

I clearly remember the interview where Gentry said, this ain't gonna happen. In so many words, he said he's a collector, and didn't want the value of his OG to drop. He said something about wanting the originals to remain "special". I don't know what his position is at JB these days, but I clearly remember this dude being dead set against the idea. If he still has any say so at JB, get ready to be dissapointed......

Last edited:
Jordan Brand is the ultimate hypebeast, and I'm not one to throw that term around.

This should've been done. Or as others have stated, Nike Air should've never been replaced. All this talk Jordan Brand did years ago about trying to protect the collector was complete bull. It's all about the money and they know it. I'm sure in some way they know the consumer that has been down with them since the 80s and 90s have slowly start to leave the brand. What a way to sway them back. Some of us begged for Nike Air and eventually accepted that it will never happen and now this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Nike Air, just feel the timing is wrong. Why not last year when you call yourself(JB) trying to give us a OG feel by giving us OG like packaging? And then the possibility that they will be limited, what the hell!?

Last edited:
Lmao. The hype one little symbol causes is just pathetic. Lol I understand why. But I could care less. Good luck beast.

pretty much came to say this. Over the years I just stopped caring if a shoe has NIKE AIR on the back or tongue. makes no difference to me whatsoever

Seriously, but I'll try to cop cause I never got 2011 white cements but if I miss out I won't be bummed in the least

When something seems to good to be true, in most cases it is. Fellas, I really get the feeling something is going to go HORRIBLY wrong with this release.

2) Might be rediculously over-priced (most of you guys could care less about this).

4) Possibly bundled with a not so "hot" sneaker (or a sneaker that has been over retroed and you don't want).

I really hate to just sound so pessimistic, but c'mon now! When was the last time they've ever been this good to us (11-12 years ago)?

I clearly remember the interview where Gentry said, this ain't gonna happen. In so many words, he said he's a collector, and didn't want the value of his OG to drop. He said something about wanting the originals to remain "special". I don't know what his position is at JB these days, but I clearly remember this dude being dead set against the idea. If he still has any say so at JB, get ready to be dissapointed......

Gentry isn't at JB anymore though.

But the thing that pissed me off so much about that was, Gentry had every damn shoe he ever wanted and if he didnt he could make them and call them "Samples" then wave them in front of the customers face like look what I got.

I never bought that load of horse manure Gentry fed everyone. Michael himself wanted his silhouette to grace his shoes and remove anything and everything that said Nike. We all know Money is an ego-maniac & ultimately cleared every shoe release since the company was handed to him by Nike. I guarantee the only reason we are seeing this release is because JB employees use this site and sites like this as their think tank and needed another way to juice people for their money. We have been *****ing & moaning for years about this Nike Air thing and it appears Jordan knows when to milk an opportunity.

jordan is his own brand that's why the jordan logo was on before but it is what it is with JB

The argument that OGs will somehow "lose their value" was always a bunch of bs to me. OGs are OGs no matter what. collectors gonna trash their og shoes now? Nope. theyre shoes. They wont last forever. i wore all my shoes, even with the little itty bitty creases, chipped paint and piss-yellow soles

Excited for these but why release these in 2013 when they just retro'd the White Cement III in 2011? Makes no freaking sense. I'll still be buying though, just like all of you will be... 
laugh.gif
  3's are some of the my favorite J's. 

Cats will never be satisfied.
First it's, "we need NA on the back". Now that its happening, dudes are crying over value going down.
Tough crowd.

You can never please everyone.

when it comes to Air Jordans, these are the complaints I see the most....

"when a retro has poor quality, people will complain, yet the quality on retro Air Jordans have been far from top notch for a while now."

"if a retro has great quality but is a limited release, there will be complaints on why it should be a GR"

"If a retro that's a GR with great quality, there will be complaints on how they don't want to see everyone wearing em in public."

For these 3s:

"has Nike Air, there will be complaints about the quality, and yet we don't even know how the quality will be"

"complaints on how that these will ruin the value of the OGs and comments on just leave the jumpman on retros and never bring back Nike Air again for the collectors and OGs sake

"if the quality is bad, there will be complaints on how the 2003s and 2011s are superior"

"if the quality is just like or near the quality of the 2003s, there will be complaints on how or why this wasn't done sooner....or the timing is wrong, because of the gap btw the 2011s and these"

"if the quality is like the 2011s, people will complain on how these aren't like the 2003s

"if limited...see above"

"if GR, see above"

I've been on here too long to notice almost all or all the complaining that goes on in here. I probably missed some other complaints that goes on here.

Oh welp....Carry on....

Last edited:
I never bought that load of horse manure Gentry fed everyone. Michael himself wanted his silhouette to grace his shoes and remove anything and everything that said Nike. We all know Money is an ego-maniac & ultimately cleared every shoe release since the company was handed to him by Nike. I guarantee the only reason we are seeing this release is because JB employees use this site and sites like this as their think tank and needed another way to juice people for their money. We have been *****ing & moaning for years about this Nike Air thing and it appears Jordan knows when to milk an opportunity.

If Jordan really cared about his product/business, and really cared about his jumpman logo gracing every retro, then we'd seen it from 1994, 1999 to 2001 retros

Back
Top Bottom