Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad someone changed the name of this thread. Yeah "he got game" was and still is a great movie and the white black 13 did have signifigance in the movie. But the shoe has never before until 2012 been referred to as "he got games". That's absurd to me. They have always been simply referred to as white/ black 13s. No sense in it being called anything other than that. To me it just add uneccessary hype and attention to a shoe that otherwise would not have as much. Thus making it easier for us all to copp. Now I gotta possibly fight through crowds of NEW so called sneakerheads that want these not only for the shoe itself but because they are now dubbed the "he got games".
mean.gif
It's sad.
exactly smfh. some cats gonna see a kid rockin cdp or something and someone will be like oh sick he got games then that will draw someone else to be a hypebeast and more competition to cop
sick.gif

Might as well call Pearl Foams by the same name by that logic, but I feel you.
Ha, yea. They're featured in the movie, but there isn't a whole seen where Ray showcases them at the sneaker store.

If you referred to them as the He Got Game Foams, I could live with it. lol

Nooooooooooooooooo. :lol:. I'm just not a fan of nicknames based of movies and crazy stuff, but that's just me.

So glad someone changed the name of this thread. Yeah "he got game" was and still is a great movie and the white black 13 did have signifigance in the movie. But the shoe has never before until 2012 been referred to as "he got games". That's absurd to me. They have always been simply referred to as white/ black 13s. No sense in it being called anything other than that. To me it just add uneccessary hype and attention to a shoe that otherwise would not have as much. Thus making it easier for us all to copp. Now I gotta possibly fight through crowds of NEW so called sneakerheads that want these not only for the shoe itself but because they are now dubbed the "he got games". :smh: It's sad.

This. And it is sad. Keeping it 100%, I hated the name, why? Because the shoe actually came out BEFORE the movie, by at least six months. Black and White XIII dropped I want to say November 1997, He Got Game came out in the Spring of 1998. No way I was accepting that name.

+1 on the name change for the thread.

Cool "He Got Game" factoid for any other NC heads on the thread: The dorm scenes were filmed at Elon.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be real sad if I miss out on these. This is the first pairs since the Jams that I'll do my research on so I can guarantee a pair...13's are my favorite Jordan signature model and I've missed out on the Flints and Playoffs (both of which I consider my grails), can't do that this time. Pics got me hype, hopefully these don't disappoint :D

changing the title 3 weeks before release isnt gonna do much..the nickname has stuck..the blogs are using it and local nikestores will be for RSVP.

You're right. I was adding the release date to the title and figured I'd clean the name up some.

i updated the title to have the release date and got rid of the cheesy nickname.

please keep this thread on track guys. i will be patrolling this thread more and more as we get closer to the release.

thanks.

Thank you. Can we please do this for every future release? Colorway as the title and not those nicknames :x

At least with these there will be more then one raffle to enter.. not like the last thing i tried to pick up.. where there was only one raffle for the whole state 

Last edited:
Can you post up some more pics? Without flash though? Can't wait for theseee.

It's a picture my friend from a store texted me. I asked about it being a grade school as well, since they always look better, and he said its a men's size 8, which are on the rack above where he took the pic (all the GS sizes are seen below in the pic). I asked for a no flash pic too last night. I want to see the dimples on that white leather.

i updated the title to have the release date and got rid of the cheesy nickname.

please keep this thread on track guys. i will be patrolling this thread more and more as we get closer to the release.

thanks.

Thank you. Can we please do this for every future release? Colorway as the title and not those nicknames :x

I dont create the threads and honestly try to leave that stuff up to the other members to do so. PM the creator of the thread to add the release date if needed.

i got these specifically just to put on ice as a collection piece... this is mike's last season shoe as a bull. I got another pair of og and cdp rocked and beat. :D

Thought it was the last shots

Yes and no. The XIII was the last model he wore for almost the entire season but you are right that he wore a prototype XIV for his last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom