Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

I like to buy 3 pairs.  One to actually ROCK and not care if it gets dirty, one to STOCK so I can keep it in DS condition, and one to RESELL so I can profit some of my money back.  What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

Yes and 10 years ago we didn't have iPhones and the ability to order pairs while taking a crap at work . lol
The Internet plays a vital role into the crumbling of the sneaker game that us old timers adore so much .
It's a double edged sword .

Ebay and Craigslist...before that you were stuck selling pairs in your local area...

exactly...smart marketing...if Nike made the Jordan XI year around like a pair New Balance running shoes, how many of you would want them?
Or what if they weren't worn buy MJ? I don't see people fighting to buy Air Uptempos...
Well frankly, the 2011 Concord is my favorite sneaker all time.  I personally liked 7s and 12s, but when Nike redesigned the Concord, it instantly shot to the top of my list.  This is interesting, because I wasn't a fan of them when they first released around 94'to 95' (maybe even 96'; don't know).  But the alterations Nike made to that sneaker made it look better than 95s, 00s, and DMPs.  I guess I'm a little biased on this particular sneaker.  But this brings me back around to my point earlier today in this forum- how can every single retro Jordan release be hot?  You're right; people don't fight over uptempos.

Resellers wouldnt make a dime if there weren't people so desperate to buy kicks that they almost double.
Nike, does nothing but put their product out. We are the ones that put it on a pedestal and determine what the market value and worth is...then we're mad because people outside our world have figured this out and exploit our thirst?
this.

blame nike not people for reselling.
people flip whatever there is a demand for whether its a Tickle Me Elmo, Nintendo Wii, or shoes. There is nothing illegal about it so its pretty much no reason to say its not respectable. They arent making anyone purchase from them. Including you.

I think this is the only rational and reasonable point of view. People always complaining because you're getting outworked and out hustled by resellers.

Here's a thought, go make some better connects. The resellers are getting shoes from someone, so why can't you?

If your the sorta person who only comes out of the woodwork for the 11's every year you have no place to talk really. I'm sure there are people who buy most releases throughout the course of the year and I'd also venture to guess that they are the people who were able to get the pair/pairs they wanted for retail.

I like to buy 3 pairs.  One to actually ROCK and not care if it gets dirty, one to STOCK so I can keep it in DS condition, and one to RESELL so I can profit some of my money back.  What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

i think...or hope he is really speaking on the dudes who cop multiple pair in 5 different sizes...which I am not mad at all...do what you gotta do...
But again I bring up the thirst...I passed on ALOT of these kicks while I was in college so forth...everything comes back out and now I have virtually every kick I've ever wanted...

If you can't find your shoes at your price range, WALK AWAY...I have before and would in a heartbeat again if needed...they are shoes...

You're right glove72.  Technology has alot to do with the resellers success.
It's almost over for resellers though because what the the brand are going to do is boost production and price. The only thing resellers are doing is guaging the market value. Nike/JB is slowly upping production number and prices and restocks, just pay attention to the recent past. If a reseller can get 250-400, best believe the retail is about to get close to that. And also consumer will have more faith in the likely hood of a restock so they will stall on reseller prices. 

lik
You're right glove72.  Technology has alot to do with the resellers success.
It's almost over for resellers though because what the the brand are going to do is boost production and price. The only thing resellers are doing is guaging the market value. Nike/JB is slowly upping production number and prices and restocks, just pay attention to the recent past. If a reseller can get 250-400, best believe the retail is about to get close to that. And also consumer will have more faith in the likely hood of a restock so they will stall on reseller prices. 

you speak of rising prices like thats a good thing :lol:

its like saying you gonna hurt yourself so someone else cant do something.

i mean, if the shoe is 200 and resells for 230, at least you have a chance to get it for 200... at 230 msrp, you are pre-screwed. only winner there is nike.

Last edited:
Plus I'll be honest, I am not sure what I am going to do with my 125 pairs of sneakers. I work in a professional environment and its funny when I'm explaining my hobby to the people in my office (lol...except when my boss told me Friday morning to see if I could cop Xis for his 16 year old son for Christmas..)

I have a 4 year old and I guess, I'm quietly hoping he grows to wear a size 12.5-13....and that Jordans are still popular when he is high school...

Reselling will truly be the death of the sneakergame....Believe me. It's been going on for years but not at this magnitude. Older shoes definitely understandable because of the quantities available and time which has passed since the release. New shoes that release and 5 minutes after you see screen shots from NDC selling Ridiculous. Just my take... if you know me then you will understand what I stand for and that's trying to bring a little love back to this cutthroat sneakergame.
http://www.corkclothdotcom.wordpress.com

I don't think it will be the death because that's all newer generation knows. Just like quaility, if you try to explain that to a 15 year old he really won't care because that's the only quality he has been purchasing since he started buying shoes, it's the norm for him.

Originally Posted by deltadogman1

you speak of rising prices like thats a good thing :lol:

they tried that with the lebron elites...with exception of the MVs, it was a fail...

Interesting how NDC sells out the fastest always, and most sellers I see on eBay have the NDC receipt screenshots when they are selling the shoes... I bet 60% of the sales are being re-sold. This wasn't how it was 10 years ago.
It's funny how the resellers know the trick how to get pairs off NDC and win raffles too also. Reselling is like any other business. Those who have the means, do. If I had a few guareenteed pairs every release it would be tempting not to resale knowing I'd make an easy profit. 

I think the limited quantites are to blame. People who want to pay the crazy prices. So you can't blame resellers for charging them. We over pay for everything nowadays whether it be clothing, electronics, food etc.... Its all one big hustle.

Do you think that it's almost over for resellers selling Jordan Retros, or for all sneakers? I must admit, I did not think that people would be wanting Retro/Air Jordans like this.  Most of these sneakers came out when I was a kid, and Jordan retired almost 10 years ago now.  This makes me think that a whole bunch of these sneakers that are being resold are being bought by people ( I don't want to refer to them as children) that never watched him play a live game, and if they did, they really did not understand what was going on.  To me, this means that the Retros are more "hype" or "cool sneakers"to them, because they were too young to really know how dominant Jordan, the player was.  The sneakers are Jordan, the Nike shoe salesman's timeless stamp on the history of the game, and professional sports for that matter, that every one with $110 could go out and buy (that was expensive back then).  So I'm not understanding why everyone is still enamored with Retros, and why a different sneaker, one from this generation, doesn't get all the hype!

you speak of rising prices like thats a good thing
laugh.gif

its like saying you gonna hurt yourself so someone else cant do something.
i mean, if the shoe is 200 and resells for 230, at least you have a chance to get it for 200... at 230 msrp, you are pre-screwed. only winner there is nike.
Man price will rise eventually anyway as with all thing in society but if prices and production number rise they will offset each other becuase some will go to outlet or clearance and secondly alot of those inflated prices are coming from sellers with nike accounts who are just greedy, just look at EBay. They will be force to sell at a lower price  if production continues to rise. The Jordan 17 released in 2002 and retailed for 200.00 and didn't do all that great and was discounted. This will again become the norm because this won't last much longer. For example, to me this month was the start of the bubble popping because everybody who paid crazy reseller prices for the Kilroy' Pack shoes are forever scared and those who almost did will be optimistic when they don't get retail in the future and the reseller are about to be stuck like chuck when the 2013 cycle starts up and production numbers are higher. Do be foolish and think Jordan brand is not going to consistently produce bigger numbers. The hype has taught them that the JumpMan can sell anything.

Plus I'll be honest, I am not sure what I am going to do with my 125 pairs of sneakers. I work in a professional environment and its funny when I'm explaining my hobby to the people in my office (lol...except when my boss told me Friday morning to see if I could cop Xis for his 16 year old son for Christmas..)
I have a 4 year old and I guess, I'm quietly hoping he grows to wear a size 12.5-13....and that Jordans are still popular when he is high school...
You'll have to sell them.  The glue starts to break down over time, and some of the materials begin to change colors.  But I must say that that is a pretty impressive number of shoes.  I can't buy that many; I don't live in an area that gets enough for me to buy some!

They can't up production like that because if the supply exceeds the demand retailers will be stuck sitting on pairs.

Retailers already get stuck sitting on other crap releases that they have to discount and wholesale to get rid of in the first place.

Retailers and in particular smaller mom and pop shops depend on being able to sell out of Jordans at full retail price.

Nike already charges retailers more than just about all other brands. Nike wholesale price to retail account holders is 55% of the MSRP. Just about all other brands charge 50%.

Most other brands also allow you to send back bad models that are not moving. Nike does not allow retailers to return shoes and forces them to unload them at a loss or wholesale the shoes themselves.

They can't up production like that because if the supply exceeds the demand retailers will be stuck sitting on pairs.
Retailers already get stuck sitting on other crap releases that they have to discount and wholesale to get rid of in the first place.
Retailers and in particular smaller mom and pop shops depend on being able to sell out of Jordans at full retail price.
Nike already charges retailers more than just about all other brands. Nike wholesale price to retail account holders is 55% of the MSRP. Just about all other brands charge 50%.
Most other brands also allow you to send back bad models that are not moving. Nike does not allow retailers to return shoes and forces them to unload them at a loss or wholesale the shoes themselves.
You think Nike cares about about a retailer not being able to move product. In sales if you can't sale you are either not a good salesman, are selling the wrong or bad product or don't have a good business plan, atleast thats how the execs will see it. Secondly Jordan shoes are not enough to keep a major retailer open and operating, so the old supply and demand thing that people base these crazy notions on doesn't apply to established apperal and shoe companies as much as other products. Based on what you said Nike could have sold the 2012 XI for 55% less which is around 100.00 at outlets and made the same amount of money.

Last edited:
You'll have to sell them.  The glue starts to break down over time, and some of the materials begin to change colors.  But I must say that that is a pretty impressive number of shoes.  I can't buy that many; I don't live in an area that gets enough for me to buy some!

I've worn the same size since 10th grade and early college/high school job was at kids footlocker...in was literally giving my paychecks back to the company...

You think Nike cares about about a retailer not being able to move product. In sales if you can't sale you are either not a good salesman, are selling the wrong or bad product or don't have a good business plan, atleast thats how the execs will see it. Secondly Jordan shoes are not enough to keep a major retailer open and operating, so the old supply and demand thing that people base these crazy notions on doesn't apply to established apperal and shoe companies as much as other products. Based on what you said Nike could have sold the 2012 XI for 55% less which is around 100.00 at outlets and made the same amount of money.

spoken like a true exec.

This guy's onto something. Why don't you forward your resume and contact info to Nike.

I'm not some dude giving you my internet opinion. I'm telling you how it works.

Last edited:
I've worn the same size since 10th grade and early college/high school job was at kids footlocker...in was literally giving my paychecks back to the company...
I hear ya' my man!  When your a sneakerhead, you can always find some new pairs to buy in the stores!

spoken like a true exec.
This guy's onto something. Why don't you forward your resume and contact info to Nike.
I'm not some dude giving you my internet opinion. I'm telling you how it works.
You sound like a retailer or shop owner, who side hustles on Ebay or marketplaces. The only reason a major would care about a retailer is guaranteed presales. But reselllers and technology are changing the business model. You think Nike would loose a dime if they went factory direct?

Last edited:
Just wore my 2012 jordan bred to ball indoor in, they held up well, gonna break em in a few more times

You sound like a retailer or shop owner, who side hustles on Ebay or marketplaces.

I don't have a retail account or own a shop and I wouldn't want to.

However I do know many many people who have retail accounts and shops.

Nike needs retail stores. They do not have the necessary infrastructure in place or the desire to directly sell all the shoes they produce themselves.

Selling most of their shoes through retail accounts allows Nike to sell below the MSRP at their factory stores. People think they're getting deals, but Nike is actually making way more money per pair selling 25-40% below box price at their factory stores than they do wholesaling to retail account holders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom