Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

I don't know what some are implying about the wearability of the OG 11. Really, the only thing to even slightly worry about is the sole separation from the primitive glue Nike used back then. If you know a decent Cobbler (yelp one nearest you), they will make the sole fit even better than the factory standard. I believe it should cost anywhere from $32-$36 for them to strip the old glue, clean the dirt, and reattach the soles with high quality glues used in italian leather shoes with no glue discoloration.

A friend of mine did this. If I can get a hold of his pair I will take snapshots. The sole job looks better than my DS pair which has excess glue and slight glue discoloration.

I don't know what some are implying about the wearability of the OG 11. Really, the only thing to even slightly worry about is the sole separation from the primitive glue Nike used back then. If you know a decent Cobbler (yelp one nearest you), they will make the sole fit even better than the factory standard. I believe it should cost anywhere from $32-$36 for them to strip the old glue, clean the dirt, and reattach the soles with high quality glues used in italian leather shoes with no glue discoloration.

A friend of mine did this. If I can get a hold of his pair I will take snapshots. The sole job looks better than my DS pair which has excess glue and slight glue discoloration.
I would love to see pics of that!

Truth. Only shoes that crumble are pre 05 with polyurethane midsoles. 1s have rubber, and 11-13s have phylon so you have nothing to worry about in regard to that. In 05 they changed the type of polyurethane they use in 2-10s so technically they shouldn't crumble, at least not for much longer periods of time but we'll have to wait and see.

Dope set ccastro02.

Those pics just go to show how mediocre the CDPs were.  Love that OG shape and patent cut, but the finished patent on the 2001s is gorgeous.  Still on the hunt for a pair of OGs.  For now these will have to suffice.

Its a must!!! Also my chance to grab a pair for my old man since its his favorite pair and never got a chance to get him a pair.... Heater!!!!

lovin it
pimp.gif

Got damn, whoever made the decision to flip the jumpman on the left shoe has to be the biggest idiot at JB. Im surprised they didnt do it with the VII's yet. I just dont understand what good reason that Jackass had to decide to switch it.

^^^ I honestly think JB likes to change things here and there in order for people to spot the difference in each retro.

^^^ I honestly think JB likes to change things here and there in order for people to spot the difference in each retro.

I agree. Each time the shoe re-retroes, something small is changed. The OG bred xi's had black and white carbon, white lining on the the patent leather, and the sole was a different red. 2001 has a black/silver carbon plate, red was more vibrant, no while lining. CDP's had the jumpman reversed. etc

@sneakerfan1 - very clean pairs bro. I had 3 pairs of 2001's 2 months ago until I sold a pair. I just bought a pair of OG's and should have em soon.
A pic of my 3 2001's before I sold one.

Hands down my favorite Jordan

Untitled by JustB1aze, on Flickr

these new ones look good imo but i wont pick them up, i dont buy doubles of shoes and if i was getting a double it would be a pair of 01s and a pair of OGs

78 pages and we are still 3 months out. Guess I should start making a plan to cop these now. Good luck to all on these. :nerd:

I agree. Each time the shoe re-retroes, something small is changed. The OG bred xi's had black and white carbon, white lining on the the patent leather, and the sole was a different red. 2001 has a black/silver carbon plate, red was more vibrant, no while lining. CDP's had the jumpman reversed. etc

@sneakerfan1 - very clean pairs bro. I had 3 pairs of 2001's 2 months ago until I sold a pair. I just bought a pair of OG's and should have em soon.
A pic of my 3 2001's before I sold one.

Hands down my favorite Jordan

Untitled by JustB1aze, on Flickr
Dope triplets fam.
nthat.gif

In some ways I like the subtle changes by JB and in other ways they annoy me.  Durabuck --------> Suede is probably the biggest pet peeve of mines (VI's).  There's subtle and there's completely changing the shoe.

If I find a pair of OGs I might just off one of my 2001s, one pair is size 12 so that'll be the logical choice since my true size in J's has always been 11.5.  As much as I love these, one OG and one Retro is fitting.  Use the bread to go after my 2nd favorite XI mid after these: 2000 Space Jams.   Then again, I may have trouble letting go of these.  Would be so much easier if they were the CDPs or something lol.

Last edited:
awesome collection! those OGs are the ****! wish i had a pair but oh well 2012 version it is lol
Thanks everyone. Honestly as someone who's had every version of the black/red xi (owned 2 pairs of 2001's at one point), i have to say the og's are by far the nicest on feet. The white lining serves as an elegant break between the black patent leather and black mesh. However as far as the shape of the shoe and thickness of patent leather i think the 2001's are the best.

I wonder if PYS is getting these... If so, I will honestly save myself the trouble cuz their prices have been decent as of late (280 for Concords, 290 for CGs, and 260 for SJs)

Back
Top Bottom