Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

That toebox fold is no joke. If you told me those were cardboard replicas I would believe you.

My pair are starting to do the same thing.
Yea it's bad. It's only 2 wears too. 1 to a college football game and 1 to work. I drive a stick shift so that probably doesn't help. I think the breds were a nicer quality and that's saying a lot
Shoetrees fellas, probably the best treatment for those toebox folds (not those damn sneaker shields, you gotta be able to relax when you walk too) .  

And not the stock cardboard ones that come with the actual shoes, them hard plastic ones you can probably get at IKEA or any other random spot that can sell these for cheap.  You can go with the cedar wood types if you wanna be all "fancy and ish," but I doubt you guys wanna pay $20-$30 for some shoe trees to stop toebox folding.

I can thank shoe trees for keeping the toeboxes on my white-on-white AF1 lows staying near DS

Last edited:
That toebox fold is no joke. If you told me those were cardboard replicas I would believe you.

My pair are starting to do the same thing.

Yea it's bad. It's only 2 wears too. 1 to a college football game and 1 to work. I drive a stick shift so that probably doesn't help. I think the breds were a nicer quality and that's saying a lot

Shoetrees fellas, probably the best treatment for those toebox folds (not those damn sneaker shields, you gotta be able to relax when you walk too) .  

And not the stock cardboard ones that come with the actual shoes, them hard plastic ones you can probably get at IKEA or any other random spot that can sell these for cheap.  You can go with the cedar wood types if you wanna be all "fancy and ish," but I doubt you guys wanna pay $20-$30 for some shoe trees to stop toebox folding.

I can thank shoe trees for keeping the toeboxes on my white-on-white AF1 lows staying near DS
I use shoe trees, the fancy cedar ones LOL, and they wont help. Word to my cedar filled black gums. They're good for creases, not folds/bends...

You probably start putting those shoetrees in when they were already "too late," @SquatchNT.  The shoetrees work at their best when they are still in the VNDS stage.

Not sure about the guy with the royal lows photo above, but it could've been prevented after the first wear with those shoetrees.

And yeah, I rock them fancy cedar tree ones too.  I use them in all my AJ1s and AF1s......none of them have those any of those toebox folds, and most of my joints are like a year old at minimum.

Last edited:
You probably start putting those shoetrees in when they were already "too late," @SquatchNT
.  The shoetrees work at their best when they are still in the VNDS stage.

Not sure about the guy with the royal lows photo above, but it could've been prevented after the first wear with those shoetrees.

And yeah, I rock them fancy cedar tree ones too.  I use them in all my AJ1s and AF1s......none of them have those any of those toebox folds, and most of my joints are like a year old at minimum.
Put em in the blk gums after first wear. AF1 leather would be considered premium compared to the black gums and blk/red lows. Don't have and haven't touched the royal lows to comment. Shoe trees work fine in my other AJ1s (blk/gum excluded) and AF1s for that matter.

Last edited:
Put em in the blk gums after first wear. AF1 leather would be considered premium compared to the black gums and blk/red lows. Don't have and haven't touched the royal lows to comment. Shoe trees work fine in my other AJ1s (blk/gum excluded) and AF1s for that matter.
I have both white and black gum AF1s, cedar shoe tree always.  Them black gum AF1s look like a proper dress shoe every single time, worn them to a few weddings already
pimp.gif

I have both white and black gum AF1s, cedar shoe tree always.  Them black gum AF1s look like a proper dress shoe every single time, worn them to a few weddings already :pimp:
I'm talmbout them plastic AJ1 black gums which are worse than the worse AF1 leather...

These lows are the only shoes I have wearable shoe trees in bc the folding is awful. My jordan 1 highs have nice creasing but these just look awful with the creases they really should've used a better material for the toe box.

I'm a 10.5 in the Celtic 1's. Normally a 10, but have wide feet. Do these lows run the same size as the aforementioned Celtic 1's?

I'm a 10.5 in the Celtic 1's. Normally a 10, but have wide feet. Do these lows run the same size as the aforementioned Celtic 1's?
Mid & highs generally run TTS for me (10.5 here), but I went down half a size for the lows and they fit perfect.

I'd say that you could try a 10.5 since you run on the wider side, a 10 might be a little too snug for you in the sides.

Last edited:

Well I have black/white and chicago 1s in a 10.5 and I got the bred lows in a 10.5 and they fit a little big so I got the royal lows in a 10 and they fit better. If possible try to go to store and try on a pair of lows to get the idea of what size to try

i get going a half down in lows because of heel slip but i couldn't do it. when i stand still its tts. re adjusted my foot and fine.

Un DS'd the royals today. Creased like hell just on my morning coffee run 
laugh.gif

Things I noticed compared to the breds was that the tongue has a white backing which means you can see some white showing on the bit where the laces go through to hold it in place. Also they came with the laces for a high - they're too long. The bred laces are shorter.

Echoi
Un DS'd the royals today. Creased like hell just on my morning coffee run :lol:

Things I noticed compared to the breds was that the tongue has a white backing which means you can see some white showing on the bit where the laces go through to hold it in place. Also they came with the laces for a high - they're too long. The bred laces are shorter.

Just noticed this today. The laces are way too long.

In general, I echo everyone else about the quality. Creasing is not something that bothers me (I'm certainly not wearing "shields" ever), but the way these fold up just makes them look cheap.

It's a shame, because I love lows, and it's great to be able to get your hands on the classic AJ1 colorways without dropping stacks. I was going to get the black/red, but after wearing these a few times I think I'll pass.

Echoi
Un DS'd the royals today. Creased like hell just on my morning coffee run :lol:

Just noticed this today. The laces are way too long.

In general, I echo everyone else about the quality. Creasing is not something that bothers me (I'm certainly not wearing "shields" ever), but the way these fold up just makes them look cheap.

It's a shame, because I love lows, and it's great to be able to get your hands on the classic AJ1 colorways without dropping stacks. I was going to get the black/red, but after wearing these a few times I think I'll pass.
I've worn my black/reds dozens of times since I bought them and they still don't have creases like royals in the last page. I haven't rocked my royal lows yet, but it seems like they crease way worse than the black/reds, so don't let these stop you.

mean.gif
 @ people complaining about creasing lol. Y'all ever own leather sneakers i.e. air force, dunks, etc.... If you do, do me a favor and just analyze the toe piece..... Does it really look like it's not gonna crease?????

The issue isn't with the fact that they crease, its how they're creasing. **** just looks so ******* cheap lol, I still want a pair but I'm looking to pay a lot less than retail

:smh:  @ people complaining about creasing lol. Y'all ever own leather sneakers i.e. air force, dunks, etc.... If you do, do me a favor and just analyze the toe piece..... Does it really look like it's not gonna crease?????

Its the fact that its folding and not creasing.

:smh:  @ people complaining about creasing lol. Y'all ever own leather sneakers i.e. air force, dunks, etc.... If you do, do me a favor and just analyze the toe piece..... Does it really look like it's not gonna crease?????

You're not owning leather when owning these though. Toe boxes are high grade pleather lol

Back
Top Bottom