Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Easiest way to end this absolutely foolish debate: Check the materials tag on an EU/UK pair of Remastered 1s. Period. They have to say what parts are synth and which are genuine leather.

Also, if someone thinks the shoes discussed in a forum thread are trash, I don't rightly see the point of posting said opinion and then arguing it over multiple pages. Seems a bit trolly to me 
nerd.gif

:lol: at using Cole Haan as an example of good leather

People acting like leather is 1 uniform piece of material. They vary...not all pairs are created equal. I know y'all been around longer than this.

A lot of people here still don't know the difference between what an actual synthetic is, and what genuine leather is...

The 2015 Chicago is the best example of both. Calling them garbage is ludicrous. The red and white portions are genuine leather, and a very nice plush quality. The black swoosh and black heel collar panel are synthetic (plastic). And I ain't even mad at that. The 85 pairs had plastic swooshes, and exposed cotton painted over as the collars.

People need to just stop assuming everything is synthetic. Pick up the 15 Chicago and compare the red and white leather, to the black synthetic. Educate yourselves.

Nobody called them garbage. They're just not "great".

Finally got around to taking a photo of my three 1s. I've had some other 1s come and go over the last few years, but I've acquired these three over the last ~8 months and will be keeping them forever. Out of any 1s that are attainable (in my opinion), these are my favorites.
94 Chicagos - Chicago 1s are the quintessential Jordans, in my opinion. When I picture Michael Jordan playing or picture a pair of Air Jordans, these are the shoes that are ingrained into my mind as the shoe that the most important basketball player of all time wore. When I started getting more into buying shoes around 15, I dreamed of owning a pair of 85 or 94 Chicagos but I honestly prefer 94s; I've never seen any 94s peel at the collar like 85s and I was also lucky enough to find a pair that was lightly worn with original box, paper, and retro card for a very reasonable price (I was also born in 94, added incentive).
2014 Lance Mountains - the only shoes I like more than Jordan 1s are Nike Dunks, particularly SB Dunks. Royals are one of my other favorite colorways of OG 1s, and while I don't care for black/reds, they ight enough. Put two and two together and they're perfect. I love story behind them, I love that you can fully strip or just wear em as is. They look great with red/blue/white/black laces, and I preferred the white because there's more paint to wear down.
2015 Pinnacles - perfect depiction of the Jordan 1 as a fashion/casual sneaker. Similar to the Lances, they wear in rather than wear out. Best quality and leather I've had on a pair of Nike/Jordans. Not worth retail price but thankfully I was able to scoop a lightly worn pair for an incredible deal.
Enjoy those white lances! Such a clean pair and they're especially great for the summer.

If I could get a pair of those and black toes, I could settle down on 1s for the foreseeable future.

In todays times, if jb released those f&f 23 banneds, and IF we expected 2011 ban quality on those....premium msrp and lmtd

The swoosh panel , or i guess some part of the picture looked like a chi 2015 equivalent, but maybe it would be better quality, like some say, frag, sbb, lances etc.

Nobody called them garbage. They're just not "great".
And "dude" it feels like plastic leather at the end of the day. It's not that serious. You people that say "this leather is so good" or "amazing" are funny because it's trash at the end of the day.
Someone PLEASE get they mans...

Last edited:
Best leather for 1s is rare airs and prolly chicago 1.5 to me

Peep the quality

Last edited:
Best leather for 1s is rare airs and prolly chicago 1.5 to me
indifferent.gif

I have my Chi 1.5s on right now. The red leather is pretty nice, especially on the toe, but c'mon man. My UNCs, SBBs, Breds, Royals, BTs, LAs & Metallic Navys all have much higher quality leather on them

Last edited:
:stoneface:  

I have my Chi 1.5s on right now. The red leather is pretty nice, especially on the toe, but c'mon man. My UNCs, SBBs, Breds, Royals, BTs, LAs & Metallic Navys all have much higher quality leather on them
man I was jk lol I got every remastered 1...unc killin em all as far as ogs and quality

Sooo...

I didn't know these dropped already (GS sizes)

any chance we get mens sz?

So apparently the "Off Whites" were designed by people with autism and it actually would make a lot of sense as apparently somebody in Virgil Abloh's family suffers from the disease and the proceeds from the designs will go to support the cause.

If this is the case, this is really awesome as this is supporting a great cause in a similar vein to the DB series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom