• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
1660246747416.png

For the record I never wear shoes around the house, just snapped this before walking out the door. But this is how I look all NYC summer, bandana or hat for chrome dome protection, tee or lightweight open collar button up, ACG shorts, sneakers.
Can you unblur the face? I can't properly rate the fit until you do so

I mean people definitely were back then as some of these releases sold out (source: tried and failed to grab a pair on RD)

They all sold out when they released tho. There was just no resale value.
I continue to underestimate the sneaker community. :lol: If a GR Pinnacle sold out regularly for 400 they could full family run GR a Chicago for 600.

Just watched this video, and I’m shocked that no one has mentioned it here. He reviewed those Viberemakelab “Jordan 1s” that so many have talked about. I personally don’t judge, and to each their own, but a fake is still a fake in my book. Now in this case I guess you could end up with a fake that is constructed, looks, and is made up of better materials than a legit/authentic pair, and closer to the original ‘85 releases. They’re not for me, and I couldn’t do it, but again, to each their own.

I love the shape, I don’t wear sneakers these days to please anyone so I would super be into the 85 shape shadows. Just not sure I’m ok with spending $600 on a rep though.

What were the production numbers on the Pinnacles?
I'm not sure. Guessing they were plentiful since the Convo is about high priced GRs. I don't know about the craftsmanship on them either but at 4bills it needs to be up there. Either way it's not a good looking shoe imo. Actually I'm just biased against 1 color midsole/outsole unless of course it's a all black everything.

Last edited:
I see people debating in here, and im surprised at y'alls opinions. I always see comments on this board and also in the streets about how GR's are plentiful and easy to get right now. I don't think that's true for the regular consumer, who just casually wakes up early in the morning, while trying to buy manually on SNKRS on release day. The majority of the people i know constantly strikes out on almost every release.

Then they go to buy on Goat, StockX, or Ebay soon afterwards. Then it's rinse and repeat for the next release. I also think it depends on the consumer foot size as well. The people that I know who hit on releases more than striking out, are the 9 to 13 range, people who wear sizes 13 and up usually strike out every time from the people i know that wear those sizes.

With that being said, the only difference now that is sorta good for the people who strike out as of now, are the resell prices are somewhat tolerable now, compared to how it was 2 years ago.

As for Nike taking preorders for collabs and for the more limited releases, they could do it and make more money than they're making now. Because that's basically what these reselling apps/sites are doing right now as we speak.

The people who are into collabs, hell, even GR,s, basically have money set on the side to pay resell on that specific shoe, for in case if they strike out. So me buying as a consumer, I already know that im going to strike out on a limited quantity shoe like a Travis Scott 1 high or low before it releases.

So everybody knows that they need to have anywhere from $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 out of the gate to buy that shoe, because of how limited the production is on them.

So Nike/Jordan Brand could actually make a killing off of the niche crowd who are willing to pay those prices, because they're already doing it without hesitating. It's basically the resellers eating good off of those types of releases.

But it's all smoke screens and mirrors at this point, because the majority of us know what's really going on behind the scenes.

We're speaking from the context of Nike/Jordan Brand making it somewhat easier for the common people to buy the hard to get releases in a more easier way.

I for sure believe the same thing that y'all do, Nike/Jordan Brand are definitely eating off of the resell market, because as a business, why wouldn't they?

Common sense will tell you if my product can sell for in between $1,000.00 to $4,000.00 after I release it, why wouldn't I just send a certain amount of pairs to these reseller sites myself.

Or how about me and a couple of Nike executives and employees take a certain amount under the table and just resell them ourselves. That's basically what the SNKRS female exec and her son got caught doing.

Nike knows exactly what they're doing. The game of obtaining a W after so many strike outs is the old "win a prize at a carnival" effect. It plays in the psychology of wanting, earning and rewarding, releasing endorphins. Add in the Resellers effect, sadly this is what keeps the hype train going until the next release. It's funny when something sells out fast the general consensus wish they were readily available. And when they become readily available, people lose interest because they're suddenly sitting.

I mean a top quality sneaker that is made to order is not gonna be cheap fam.

If the dude can sell those replicas for $600, Nike can easily sell the authentic version produced the same way for $600.

Knowing Nike/JB, they would still end up poorer quality than those reps and sell for $650 retail tho lmao
Ya'll remember the price tag of the 1's when they first released, right?
Please don't get Nike another reason to tax us fools

Ya'll remember the price tag of the 1's when they first released, right?
Please don't get Nike another reason to tax us fools
If there is a market for $600 reps that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s, there is a market for $600 authentic Jordan 1s that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s.

I’d rather have this than the crap they’re selling us for <$200 right now.

I see people debating in here, and im surprised at y'alls opinions. I always see comments on this board and also in the streets about how GR's are plentiful and easy to get right now. I don't think that's true for the regular consumer, who just casually wakes up early in the morning, while trying to buy manually on SNKRS on release day. The majority of the people i know constantly strikes out on almost every release.

Then they go to buy on Goat, StockX, or Ebay soon afterwards. Then it's rinse and repeat for the next release. I also think it depends on the consumer foot size as well. The people that I know who hit on releases more than striking out, are the 9 to 13 range, people who wear sizes 13 and up usually strike out every time from the people i know that wear those sizes.

With that being said, the only difference now that is sorta good for the people who strike out as of now, are the resell prices are somewhat tolerable now, compared to how it was 2 years ago.

As for Nike taking preorders for collabs and for the more limited releases, they could do it and make more money than they're making now. Because that's basically what these reselling apps/sites are doing right now as we speak.

The people who are into collabs, hell, even GR,s, basically have money set on the side to pay resell on that specific shoe, for in case if they strike out. So me buying as a consumer, I already know that im going to strike out on a limited quantity shoe like a Travis Scott 1 high or low before it releases.

So everybody knows that they need to have anywhere from $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 out of the gate to buy that shoe, because of how limited the production is on them.

So Nike/Jordan Brand could actually make a killing off of the niche crowd who are willing to pay those prices, because they're already doing it without hesitating. It's basically the resellers eating good off of those types of releases.

You're so close to the answer, you have all the pieces in place. That's because limited releases' primary objective isn't to make money. It's brand longevity by keeping up; hype, desire, exclusivity, brand recognition, brand perception as well as less tangible things like being the "cool shoe"/being a status symbol.

It's not about making more money off of a few desired models in the short term. It's about using those models to lift up the perception of the entire brand and make more money across years/decades.

If there is a market for $600 reps that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s, there is a market for $600 authentic Jordan 1s that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s.

I’d rather have this than the crap they’re selling us for <$200 right now.
The only reason you haven't bought them yet is because they're replicas even though they are superior and more true to the OG?

Back
Top Bottom