Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The fact you remember those is crazy. JB def needs to hurry and make those.
Man JB did us dirty with that last retro of the New Loves. I was so sure we would be getting your version. I've been pretty sick about that ever since.

Looks like we are finally getting an Iowa Dunk inspired AJ1 this year but I was so disappointed in the recent dunk retro that I won't be holding my breath.

You created a classic. Let's just hope someone at JB is watching this and takes the time to go back and copy your pair.

Got em..I buy what I like and these are keepers 🔥🔥🔥
52B9A643-15B2-4749-8668-4138B7832634.jpeg

82112F7A-50AC-4B4E-A2BC-C25E67A4F31E.jpeg

Being the OCD person I am I got time and reshaped a pair of reverse Banneds I painted. I have a few ‘85s and I love how the eyelets contour and hug the forefoot. The newer pairs flare out similar to modern AJ1s which is fine. Did some John Madden for context.

The Banneds look like they’re being chocked but in actuality, the lace repetition is consistent from top to bottom until it gets to the top 2 lace holes. Since steaming down the bottom and top eyelets, it allowed more lace length which allowed it to go to the top without chokin giving it an accurate 80s look.

90423170-F17F-4F08-AD78-7C2C30421155.jpeg

1616353774537.png

✌🏽
The midsole stain job looks too yellow, kind of like a stick of butter. But the reshape job is nice. I hadn't noticed 1s having that same poofed up eyestay piece, but I've seen all 2020/2021 dunks have had eyestays stuck way up and out there.

edit: I see the custom stain job somewhat matches the OG. It still looks so off compared to knowing it happened naturally.

“Materials are crazy in hand”
“Looks much better in person”
“Don’t sleep”
Every time!! 😂 😂 😂

SLEEPERS lmao
I never have and never will, knock anyone for liking/loving any pair of kicks that they like/love. Kicks are 100% objective, and to each his or her own. If anything, that’s one of the aspects of sneakers and sneaker culture that I love. However, whenever I see/hear the terminology of “sleepers” or similar descriptions, I can’t help but cringe and roll my eyes.

Last edited:
anybody by chance have a pic of what the neutral greys look like factory-wrapped with that extra paper they come with?

Yeah. I guess.

-Drew
Naw, after wearing them for a day or so, they are fairly comfortable. They are also more roomy than a normal 9.5, so I was able to slip in a thin react midsole from a different shoe. *That* made a ton of difference!

Back
Top Bottom