Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not gonna lie, I was on the fence about the Obsidians for a while until I could see better pics of the the blue being used if it was the same as the UNC 1 blue, I would of skipped. I love my UNC's but I barely wear them compared to my other 1s. I'm kinda happy I didnt skip out on this release(I've pretty much been out the "release day" game and copping shoes on the after market). I've essentially caught up at this point so I just been stacking for my big end of the year purchase of Frags. May even consider a double up but I feel like that'd be so irresponsible of me :rofl:

1B8441FB-7599-4776-A29E-114D0824F990.jpeg

Ok, We ready!!!

Not gonna lie, I was on the fence about the Obsidians for a while until I could see better pics of the the blue being used if it was the same as the UNC 1 blue, I would of skipped. I love my UNC's but I barely wear them compared to my other 1s. I'm kinda happy I didnt skip out on this release(I've pretty much been out the "release day" game and copping shoes on the after market). I've essentially caught up at this point so I just been stacking for my big end of the year purchase of Frags. May even consider a double up but I feel like that'd be so irresponsible of me :rofl:

Just don’t blow your student aid checks, those loans you owe after you graduate can be a killer

I wanted blue chills but after i saw these obsidians i was ok with not getting them

Blue chills still dope to me tho

Arrived and I'm happy about them. Only thing im not a fan of is the stitching flaw on the swoosh. Overall quality is nicely built. Feels like the Pine Greens with a slighter edge toward softer feeling materials. Tumbling consistent all over. I dont like pairs to be over tumbled "ballsacky"

20190904_121726.jpg

Flaw:
20190904_122127.jpg

Obsidians are just okay to me. Not a fan of white/sail tongues. I wonder how a blue tongue would look.

Lmao. I am literally only speaking for myself, this account is solely my own.

You have your opinion and I have mine, they're both right. No worries.

You spoke it out as fact with the way you worded it but whatevs. You do have a women’s shoe as your avi so I should’ve known that your maybe partial to women’s AJ1s or something. No way most would agree with you tho.

You spoke it out as fact with the way you worded it but whatevs. You do have a women’s shoe as your avi so I should’ve known that your maybe partial to women’s AJ1s or something. No way most would agree with you tho.

:lol: Do we all have to type "IMO" in all of our posts, which happen to be all subjective? And I don't care what "most would agree with," I'm grown.

Yes, you're right, I am partial to women's AJ1s since it's my avi. It's actually the only pairs I purchase too. :nthat:

Yes, you're right, I am partial to women's AJ1s since it's my avi. It's actually the only pairs I purchase too. :nthat:

Oh ok. Figures. That makes sense. I knew it had to be some sort of reason why you’d have an “opinion” like that lol. Good for you! God bless.

Who cares if most would disagree with him. He’s absolutely correct. Deadstock, Blue Chills LOOK better, and it isn’t close. The patent leather shine is beautiful on that color blue.

Unfortunately, they're uncomfortable and crease badly if you beat them up. Obsidians are easier to wear, so if people deem them to be better overall, that’s fine. But looks-wise it’s no contest, Blue Chills easily.

Last edited:
The Obsidians look more Tarheel Blue than the UNCs do.

Dark Powder Blue is just not the right shade of baby blue.

UNC has used many different blues over the years. The dark powder on the OGs is close to what Jordan wore in the 80s.

UNC standardized the color with Nike in 2015 for their apparel. I haven't directly compared it but it is pretty close to what's on Obsidiians.

The Obsidians feature university blue.

Dead on match to the standardized and accepted university-wide shade in the 2015 guide. Dark powder blue is closer to the 70-80s shade used to better show up on tv. That’s long gone now, dark powder looks extremely far off the current shade

Back
Top Bottom