Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The original colorway is meant to rep his frat though.
Finally someone said it
D54DBC25-3155-4A94-A6B4-E070026D2012.jpeg
Oh

Nothin better than being paid while being on NT :smokin

0takusamsay 0takusamsay what original colorway? The 2009 strapped highs? There's no original colorway, we've only seen that photo from the magazine or whatever of some mockups or samples. We'll always create our own stories but they're literally telling us purple = LA, red = Chi, grey = NY, pink = Paris.

Yeah and from 09, those along with the Shadows was part of a pack to rep Spike Lee's School Daze and to rep Frats. MJ's real frat and the movie poster, the shadows rep the in-universe frat.

I wouldn't consider any pair from 2009 an original anything, but the SB 1s clearly aren't a 'retro' of those. Similar colorway but different theme, different materials, different shoe. Even so you kind of just furthered my point - the 09 pair drew inspiration from Jordan's frat, as made clear by the School Daze pack. The 2019 pair draws inspiration from Los Angeles, as made clear by Nike's website. It can be both.

Nike would have to pay the fraternity if they were to name them as the inspiration, whereas cities/teams are fair game since Nike has the NBA contract right?

I wouldn't consider any pair from 2009 an original anything, but the SB 1s clearly aren't a 'retro' of those. Similar colorway but different theme, different materials, different shoe. Even so you kind of just furthered my point - the 09 pair drew inspiration from Jordan's frat, as made clear by the School Daze pack. The 2019 pair draws inspiration from Los Angeles, as made clear by Nike's website. It can be both.

That's what I been trying to say! The original 85' unreleased and 09' are meant to rep his frat. There'd be no need back then to do a Lakers colorway back in 85' because Converse had that area filled with the Magic Johnson Weapons. The new one could be taken as an homage to both, yeesh. It's not that hard to see the connection. It's too early for all this trivial stuff :rofl:

That's what I been trying to say! The original 85' unreleased and 09' are meant to rep his frat. There'd be no need back then to do a Lakers colorway back in 85' because Converse had that area filled with the Magic Johnson Weapons. The new one could be taken as an homage to both, yeesh. It's not that hard to see the connection. It's too early for all this trivial stuff :rofl:
lol it's not trivial, it's factual. 09 = frat, 19 = LA.

lol it's not trivial, it's factual. 09 = frat, 19 = LA.

Trivial - of little value or importance.

This whole exchange we've had this early in the a.m. is exactly that. The 85' and 09' =frat/School Daze and the 19' =frat(for those in the know)/LA because purple & gold.

Meeting adjourned.

when was it ever confirmed that the '85 pair was inspired by his frat? at that time they weren't really doing a ton of "inspired by" color ways, they were mostly TBs. there's a picture floating around with a pair that has huskies written on it, wouldn't be surprised if they were a TB.

when was it ever confirmed that the '85 pair was inspired by his frat? at that time they weren't really doing a ton of "inspired by" color ways, they were mostly TBs. there's a picture floating around with a pair that has huskies written on it, wouldn't be surprised if they were a TB.

I mean, most of the original colorways take direct influence from schools and universities UNC/ Kentucky/Duke etc. It's not much of a reach to make the connection of the purple and gold pair being a direct nod to MJ's frat, even though they were never released.

I mean, most of the original colorways take direct influence from schools and universities UNC/ Kentucky/Duke etc. It's not much of a reach to make the connection of the purple and gold pair being a direct nod to MJ's frat, even though they were never released.
so what you're saying is that it's not confirmed, just your opinion?

Hey guys I have a quick question, does anybody know if there’s a Jordan Release archive or wiki type of site online where I can view a complete history of all Jordan releases by month/year going all the way back to the 80’s, I feel like that should be located somewhere on this site, or at least somewhere online. Any help is appreciated.

Dog, I tried to adjourn it but old dude was like "lemme chime in cuz I want Lakers to be just Lakers so badly" must not like que dogs.

On my college campus they were easily the least annoying and most likeable frat...beyond their habit of eating air vagina at every party, they were the most down to earth Greeks we had.

Back
Top Bottom