• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Comparing Unions to Defiants :lol:

Respect your tastes(for the most part) and opinions, but that was absurd.

It's not absurd. Both aren't "normal" 1s. Both are outside of the box. Some people will like Defiants over Union's, some will like Union's over Defiant's, and some will hate both, and some will like both. The world is big enough for all tastes. No one has the gold standard on fashion or Jordan shoes. The bottomline, neither shoe is what you call normal. They are different and off kilter.

I’d argue that hype is really carrying those blue unions.

Storm blues haven’t been anyone’s grail for a very long time. The name being attached to the union pair along with hype certainly moves that colorway.

The black toe colorway was an easy sell considering the influencers have been pushing that colorblocking a lot since the remasters.

Last gen of 1s it was the bred colorblocking.

Unions are cool but I would never pay those resell prices.

spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour

Right, but that's the only similarity .. that they're "different." That's where the comparison begins and ends, that's it. They're not similar at all. Which is why someone can love one and hate the other.

Now, if you want to cosign my opinion - that it's ridiculous some people are fawning over the Storm Blue Unions when they don't own or care for the original Storm Blues - then feel free!

Last edited:
guess whoever said wristbands at JumpmanLA had bad information because thats not happening at all. Talked to a few employees at the store and they said it will be through the app when they drop. Reservations

I’d argue that hype is really carrying those blue unions.

Storm blues haven’t been anyone’s grail for a very long time. The name being attached to the union pair along with hype certainly moves that colorway.

The black toe colorway was an easy sell considering the influencers have been pushing that colorblocking a lot since the remasters.

Last gen of 1s it was the bred colorblocking.

Unions are cool but I would never pay those resell prices.
I like the blue pair the most

I also own regular storm blues

Right, but that's the only similarity .. that they're "different." That's where the comparison begins and ends, that's it. They're not similar at all. Which is why someone can love one and hate the other.

That's what I meant, different. Neither are of the norm of a "regular" 1.

It's not absurd. Both aren't "normal" 1s. Both are outside of the box. Some people will like Defiants over Union's, some will like Union's over Defiant's, and some will hate both, and some will like both. The world is big enough for all tastes. No one has the gold standard on fashion or Jordan shoes. The bottomline, neither shoe is what you call normal. They are different and off kilter.
You are right in that they’re both “not normal.” You said you find it funny how someone can knock one and fawn over the other, which destroys your whole point of people having different tastes. Them literally being different shoes and not exact duplicates means, according to you, that I can like one and not like the other.

You are right in that they’re both “not normal.” You said you find it funny how someone can knock one and fawn over the other, which destroys your whole point of people having different tastes. Them literally being different shoes and not exact duplicates means, according to you, that I can like one and not like the other.

Nevermind, I don't have the energy to explain. Both are jacked up 1s and I like both. I will leave it there.

Nevermind, I don't have the energy to explain. Both are jacked up 1s and I like both. I will leave it there.
Hey, I was lucky to get the Black Toe Unions, which I love, and I’m not a fan of these supposedly now luxury car influenced 1s. Not knocking your opinion. Just stating that you said that it’s funny how someone can like one “different” 1, and dislike another “different” 1, implying all “different” 1s are created equally. I, and many, don’t agree, but that’s your opinion. It’s all good.

That's not what I'm about. I always send to the app first. And I strike out all the time, but got lucky last night. Was genuinely excited because in the end I'm just like y'all trying to get sneakers. But all of this negativity definitely been kind of a downer. Hopefully help more people out on the next one.

Appreciate the app. I’ve had success at times and other times I haven’t. Hell, even major league players don’t hit .500. Someone grabbed a pair and might be a cat who’s helped many others grab a few.

Back
Top Bottom