Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Today

701F91CB-29C3-4376-966A-C689AAA1BC6C.jpeg

My Gold Toes pleasantly surprised me when I unDS'd on New Year's Eve. Creasing was subtle and not at all terrible.

That said, you don't really have a lot of opportunities to wear a gold patent shoe. I'd probably either collect as DS, or sell, if I had the Top 3.
Thanks for the information.

Definitely gonna be seeing all the "these grew on me" crowd come release date. I cant do these lol not a fan of the material and the color/material choice.
Dont worry.. the f..king chin—-se resellers will try to get all of 7-9.5 sizes. Part of this culture that i cant stand. And i just started collecting 2 years ago. Wonder how bad it was before..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

i knelt down a lot to pet a cat that was at the party too fwiw

though like i said before, ymmv

old post, but this is what my gold top 3s looked like after a full day of wear in san francisco (i don't duck-walk or anything like that either)

old post, but this is what my gold top 3s looked like after a full day of wear in san francisco (i don't duck-walk or anything like that either)
My gold toes are similar, and I haven’t babied them. I might not do lunges or completely “L” the toe, but I walk normally otherwise.

My gold toes are similar, and I haven’t babied them. I might not do lunges or completely “L” the toe, but I walk normally otherwise.

yeah, can't speak for other patent pairs (since the top 3s are the only ones i own), but people shouldn't have anything to worry about with these

Pics? 1s around that time are notorious for being of a lesser quality than today's remasters.
Only thing I remember from 08 that wasn't weird was the countdown pack black/white 1s.
Most of the stuff from 08 makes me think someone was slipping some strong stuff into the design departments water cooler.
Some weird a** shoes that year.

Pics? 1s around that time are notorious for being of a lesser quality than today's remasters.
Only thing I remember from 08 that wasn't weird was the countdown pack black/white 1s.
Most of the stuff from 08 makes me think someone was slipping some strong stuff into the design departments water cooler.
Some weird a** shoes that year.

So these are the ones I picked up I just cleaned them to the best of my ability I swapped the original laces..

346DA651-730E-45F3-9C2E-0C183E0EC927.jpeg

So these are the ones I picked up I just cleaned them to the best of my ability I swapped the original laces..

346DA651-730E-45F3-9C2E-0C183E0EC927.jpeg
Red premiers.. They look in pretty good shape for 10yo kicks..
Some sparing applications of meguiars or autoglym leather conditioner is all I usually do on older ones unless there's cracking with the base colour showing through - that's a whole other conversation.. Gently, little and often seems to be best.. Put too much in and you run the risk of ending up with a cloidy/faded finish on the areas where the surface is weaker.
Been trying out some 'tableau leather food' the last couple of weeks and results seem good with that so far.
Probably doesn't need saying, but probably best to mention that you need to keep anything not specifically designed for suede away from those parts. Even some fairly mild cleaners will strip the finish off if you overdo it.
Lastly.. Those are nice.. :smile:

Red premiers.. They look in pretty good shape for 10yo kicks..
Some sparing applications of meguiars or autoglym leather conditioner is all I usually do on older ones unless there's cracking with the base colour showing through - that's a whole other conversation.. Gently, little and often seems to be best.. Put too much in and you run the risk of ending up with a cloidy/faded finish on the areas where the surface is weaker.
Been trying out some 'tableau leather food' the last couple of weeks and results seem good with that so far.
Probably doesn't need saying, but probably best to mention that you need to keep anything not specifically designed for suede away from those parts. Even some fairly mild cleaners will strip the finish off if you overdo it.
Lastly.. Those are nice.. :smile:

Thank my man I appreciate your input.
The toe box and parts of the tounge seem to be cracking more than other areas. I think if I follow your process I’ll get good results.
And thanks picked up the pair from a local consignment shop surprisingly they didn’t do their research or just plaint didn’t care about the shoe but I paid $40...
Thanks again...

Don't usually post pictures, but I haven't been this happy about a pick-up since the '94s and Banned 1's. Too lazy to unbox the rest, but Union did a h*** of a job on these.

In no particular order in terms of quality: Unions, Banned 1's, RTTGs, Shadow '09s, SBBs, Sails. '16-'18 pairs were really solid too.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom