Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I’m in for the crystals. I’ll hold on to them to see if Chicago’s come out next year again if not they will be worn.

maxresdefault.jpg

How many of y'all would get the true "banned" pairs if nike ever decided to push the Air Ship back out? I would hard pass on them with the quickness.
No doubt instant cop for the history/collection.

maxresdefault.jpg

How many of y'all would get the true "banned" pairs if nike ever decided to push the Air Ship back out? I would hard pass on them with the quickness.

I feel like Nike/JB would have to market and hype these up REALLY hard to move pairs because only diehard AJ collectors know these were the real banned shoes (and not the OG 1s) otherwise these will inevitably become outlet fodder like AJKOs or those hideous AJ 1.5.

I feel like Nike/JB would have to market and hype these up REALLY hard to move pairs because only diehard AJ collectors know these were the real banned shoes (and not the OG 1s) otherwise these will inevitably become outlet fodder like AJKOs or those hideous AJ 1.5.
Or, just release them as a 'banned originals' pack with bred 1s.
Then stand back and enjoy the fireworks.

theres a market for those AJ 1.5s (for the chicago colorway anyway). I sold 2 pairs at ~250 each lol

Or, just release them as a 'banned originals' pack with bred 1s.
Then stand back and enjoy the fireworks.

Call them the "so we lied about the whole banned campaign" pack

Not gonna lie I'd be a lil tight if they released the real Banned Pair with a B/red in true OG Form As possible, Straight Back, fat swoosh, curved sole, no tumble, vintaged, etc etc. It'd be worth it but I'd be tight because the Air Ships look like the kinda nikes you'd find at a Broadway or Rack Room Shoes. Those nike's that look like forces or something but they're really the "son of force"

240_01.jpg.jpeg 81tvo5xIVLL._UY395_.jpg

also, check out Unbreakable Kicks in the beginning years talking about resellers and only buying shoes for hype and resell value. He says he's in it for collecting and the love. Why he frontin?

I like my little collection. Not gonna lie, the beauty of having less pairs is being able to wear the favs more frequently without considering different options. Granted, I'm super pumped I'll have my full collection again but with this smaller collection of of sneakers I've been able to wear shoes I really wasnt wearing much(shoutout to the metallic reds ,black/whites, alternate motorsports, metallic V) and they'd become go-tos and favorites. When choosing outfits, I cant be worried about coordination of colors cuz my options are limited and they'd still work really well. Also, a big dope pro is that I get to really put some proper wear and age on the kicks. Taking things back to the basics and having a minimal approach to style and kicks was a really fun thing to do. All my pieces serve a purpose and I've reawakened my love for an unbranded simpler style. I dont need OW or Preme or whatever other trend in my closet. 2 pairs of jeans, a few t shirts, some good throwback pieces, good flannels, and simple but effective jackets really speak to me than having a closet full of sh*t that I'll only wear a few times outta the year.

I like my little collection. Not gonna lie, the beauty of having less pairs is being able to wear the favs more frequently without considering different options. Granted, I'm super pumped I'll have my full collection again but with this smaller collection of of sneakers I've been able to wear shoes I really wasnt wearing much(shoutout to the metallic reds ,black/whites, alternate motorsports, metallic V) and they'd become go-tos and favorites. When choosing outfits, I cant be worried about coordination of colors cuz my options are limited and they'd still work really well. Also, a big dope pro is that I get to really put some proper wear and age on the kicks. Taking things back to the basics and having a minimal approach to style and kicks was a really fun thing to do. All my pieces serve a purpose and I've reawakened my love for an unbranded simpler style. I dont need OW or Preme or whatever other trend in my closet. 2 pairs of jeans, a few t shirts, some good throwback pieces, good flannels, and simple but effective jackets really speak to me than having a closet full of sh*t that I'll only wear a few times outta the year.

You give a lot of thought to this ****.

You give a lot of thought to this ****.

This didn't require a lot of thought to write on but I have said multiple times in this thread what being a minimalist who is also a sneakerhead is like and the thought crossing my mind where utilizing less and gaining more appreciation for the things that are kept. My wardrobe is pretty minimalist compared to a lot of others in this thread, I'm sure. I cut down my consumption of sneakers a lot since I first started seriously collecting with my first job in 2007 when I graduated from high school. Also, I'm a writer so I get super wordy as you can see.

Back
Top Bottom