Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Question for the Jordan 1 owners here... I have a pair of the Cyber Mondays from a couple years ago, and the left toe is annoying the f out of me. It isn't shaped the same as the right toe, and I can feel it on my actual toe inside. Is there any way to stretch out the left toe to make it more symmetrical with the right shoe? I've tried putting a shoe tree in it, but wondering if there is anything else.

Pic:

are u referring to the fact that the left toe looks crooked and slanted to the side, and not as centered as the right toebox? if so, i dont think u can fix it....its just stitched on crooked...i had the same issue with metallic reds and navys, and the new loves.

if thats not the issue, ignore my post rofl

This is a good Friday for "First Jordan 1" stories!!
Any takers?? Care to share??

#iMBoredAtWork

I was strictly AF1 and the occasional Dunk. Bought the away opening days, then my boy gifted me the Old Love/New Love. Fell in love, wore the OL everyday that summer. The rest is history.

haha.jpg

#iMBoredAtWork

Air Jordan 1 regional lows from 2007. My mom got them for me on that 2 for 80 bucks on deep deep discount. Had the middle pair and the upper right pair. The upper right pair was the Southside pair. Shoutout to any fellow southern NT'ers. I had just turned 18 the time. The first pair I bought though were 85 1s back in 2011.

rd-reminder-aj-1-low-main.jpg

Steaming them should do the trick. Do you have a clothes steamer or a tea kettle? Hit it with steam for a minute or two until the whole toebox is soft. Then stuff the toebox with plastic bags and let the shoes dry fully. Since you want to stretch it out I would say pack it tight. The old shape might come back with wear but it should also stretch the leather out a bit so it should help.

I'll give that a try. I also have some Lexol leather conditioner that I use on my leather shoes/boots, maybe use some of that to soften it up?

are u referring to the fact that the left toe looks crooked and slanted to the side, and not as centered as the right toebox? if so, i dont think u can fix it....its just stitched on crooked...i had the same issue with metallic reds and navys, and the new loves.

I think that is part of it. If you look at my pic, and look at the shape of the very front of the toe that actually touches the white sole... you'll see that on the left shoe, its kind of flattened / longer than on the right shoe which is taller / not as stretched. Like this:

5UwTRY3.png

Doesn't seem like a lot I can do. They look good with a shoe tree in, or even if I use my left toe to push down on the sole (which stretches the shoe-toe forward)... but then they instantly go back to weird. Not a huge deal, but my OCD about things being symmetrical makes this annoying.

I'll give that a try. I also have some Lexol leather conditioner that I use on my leather shoes/boots, maybe use some of that to soften it up?

I think that is part of it. If you look at my pic, and look at the shape of the very front of the toe that actually touches the white sole... you'll see that on the left shoe, its kind of flattened / longer than on the right shoe which is taller / not as stretched. Like this:

Doesn't seem like a lot I can do. They look good with a shoe tree in, or even if I use my left toe to push down on the sole (which stretches the shoe-toe forward)... but then they instantly go back to weird. Not a huge deal, but my OCD about things being symmetrical makes this annoying.

yea, we're both talking about the same thing. u cant really fix that. its stitched on that way. i have the same thing with my teal 4s. left toebox looks like its pointing and leaning to the side instead of straight on foreard like the right shoe.

i asked my kick customizer how to fix that, and he said the only way would be unstitch, and restitch it straight, but majority of people aint built for that. im not really OCD like that, and that bothers me as well. makes the shoe look bad, like its leaaaaning and drunk. i had to go through a few pairs of metallic reds and navys before settling on a pair.

I would put that on after they have fully dried from the steam just so the wetting and drying of the process doesn't dry out the leather.

It may be that atdizzle atdizzle is right and it's mostly the stitching but it's worth a shot to see if you can at least stretch the leather out so it doesn't rub your toes on the inside.

Air Jordan 1 regional lows from 2007. My mom got them for me on that 2 for 80 bucks on deep deep discount. Had the middle pair and the upper right pair. The upper right pair was the Southside pair. Shoutout to any fellow southern NT'ers. I had just turned 18 the time. The first pair I bought though were 85 1s back in 2011.

rd-reminder-aj-1-low-main.jpg
The bred 13 1s were also my first 1s. My dad got them for me not long after release, I used them in summer basketball camp in between 7th/8th grade. Only recently got rid of the box.

yea, we're both talking about the same thing. u cant really fix that. its stitched on that way. i have the same thing with my teal 4s. left toebox looks like its pointing and leaning to the side instead of straight on foreard like the right shoe.

i asked my kick customizer how to fix that, and he said the only way would be unstitch, and restitch it straight, but majority of people aint built for that. im not really OCD like that, and that bothers me as well. makes the shoe look bad, like its leaaaaning and drunk. i had to go through a few pairs of metallic reds and navys before settling on a pair.

I would put that on after they have fully dried from the steam just so the wetting and drying of the process doesn't dry out the leather.

It may be that atdizzle atdizzle is right and it's mostly the stitching but it's worth a shot to see if you can at least stretch the leather out so it doesn't rub your toes on the inside.

What about something like Sneaker Shields? Provide a little structure on the inside? I've never used them, btw

#iMBoredAtWork
I was more into other Js, Nikes, and Dunks, but I got my first pair of 1s at the same time with a piece of my college graduation gift money in 2008. I got both the Father's Day 1s, and the Premier High Laser 1s. Loved how different they were. Have been hooked on the model ever since, but mainly OGs and OG build.
Jordans 1_Premier-Laser.jpg
Jordans 1_Fathers-Day.jpg

Still have my first 1s as well as my first js bought by me. I was 15 I believe. I wear a 13 now. They are an 11.5 so I can't really wear them. Super comfy though. One day I plan to clean them up and do something with them.

Attachments

• 3599DA0E-9E65-4591-95BD-FCE2146147B9.jpeg
    3599DA0E-9E65-4591-95BD-FCE2146147B9.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom