• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
no updates just try rubbing alcohol

I think its the box. Thats the only thing all glitter victims have in common. They pull it out the "box" and see glitter on the black leather. I keep all my shoes in drop front boxes and have no glitter problems. Try letting you're shoes get some air. I feel like as soon as the glitter starts, it doesnt go away

It is the box. I used to think it was the paper, but I've gotten a few 1's without the paper with the same issue. It usually wipes off easily with a microfiber towel.

Do not use rubbing alcohol ever on your shoes.

Happy Anniversary!

note: ocean water didn't damage them at all

It takes nail polish remover with slight pressure for the paint to wear. You could wear those for a year straight and do all types of outlandish things with those shoes, and the paint wont wear.

Last edited:
You could wear those for a year straight and do all types of outlandish things with those shoes, and the paint wont wear.
well aware.. the only way i got the paint to come off was normal wear/tear and skating them..

here's how far my black pair have come over the years..

here's a shot of me being a fool..

Last edited:
I just used basic extra virgin wiped off the glitter, and put some on my finger and started rubbing all the black panels of the shoe. Put them in front of the heater for 10-15 minutes so it could set in and then I wiped off the excess because coconut oil re-solidifies and I didn't want and white parts on my shoe.
I added coconut oil to mine before the glitter ever appeared specifically because I wanted to avoid it. Still got the glitter though. I didn't use much though so maybe I need to try again with more

theres a guy on here with his 1's on an open shelf display, whoever you are, you got any glitter?

drop boxes or og boxes, maybe the leather needs to "breathe"?
It is the box. I used to think it was the paper, but I've gotten a few 1's without the paper with the same issue. It usually wipes off easily with a microfiber towel.

I'm starting to think it's the box too. I have left my Breds/SBBs out for a couple of days and the glitter seems to have slowed down on returning, still kind of early to tell but I'll post if it doesn't come back. They have been sitting out since thursday.  I'm still testing the coconut oil fix but I'm starting to think the box is indeed the issue. 

Last edited:
Don't matter if they're worn or not, box with paper or not. There is no stopping glittergate

QFT. Can we get this pinned to the 1st page or something.

Y'all keep saying maybe it's this, maybe it's that, after the said thing has been debunked already. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom