Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Watup NT! Been away for years, Can someone tell me what colorway this is?

Real question is where u been locked up? :nerd:

Ok, now I'm really going nuts over here. I just pulled out my shadows, which I've worn A LOT. MAJOR glitter dust.
I checked my 2013 black toes, nothing.
Barons, nothing.
Black and white from 2014, also nothing.

I have a DS pair of Chicago 1 2015 I need to get to. I'm gonna lose it on Nike if those are glittery too.

edit: I have some angelus leather balm, I'm gonna put 2 coats on my shadows, and we'll see how it goes. I magic erased my shadows, and it all came off.
My SBB1's are going bye bye. Those are too expensive to be having this happen to them.

Last edited:
What kind of climate do you all live in that you're getting this glitter? Is it really humid? Or are your houses not air conditioned? I'm just wagering this is maybe what's causing it. The problem seems to be fairly isolated, it's not happening to every pair.

I'm in Chicago. Chicago is Chicago. Cold as hell in the winter. Hot and humid in the summer.

The shoes are in a closet. No sunlight, the house has a/c and heat. Not humid, if anything a tad on the dry side.

I'm in Chicago. Chicago is Chicago. Cold as hell in the winter. Hot and humid in the summer.

The shoes are in a closet. No sunlight, the house has a/c and heat. Not humid, if anything a tad on the dry side.

I'm originally from Uptown moved to Wisconsin most of my life now on the west coast for 4 years now

halp

I'm interested in grabbing a pair of 2014 black & whites

are we talking remastered 2015 Chicagos quality or the buns 2013 Black Toe quality?

I haven't seen a pair in person.

halp

thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that #glittergate on anything else besides AJ1s? Im assuming nike uses the same leather on other jordans, dunks, air maxes etc..

Hell I remember seeing a pair of Bapestas one time and automatically assuming they were fake payless forces
laugh.gif
this is hella offtopic, but that reminds me of seeing a pair of Bapestas in Germany in the early 2000s. I assumed they were super special AF1s by their high price and didn´t know what Bape was.
About 2 years later the Bape-craze started and I went back there..the whole store was gone at this point. I to this day can´t fathom how a store in Cologne had Bape shoes, since there is not a single store in Germany (to this day) that carrys anything Bape. 

halp

I'm interested in grabbing a pair of 2014 black & whites

are we talking remastered 2015 Chicagos quality or the buns 2013 Black Toe quality?

I haven't seen a pair in person.

halp

thanks
yeah I agree with the other guy, they're pretty close to 2015 Chicago's. overall I think they're better quality than my 2017 royals to be honest. royals blue leather is a little plusher than anything on my black/whites, but the royals have that thin crappy black leather on half the shoe. my black/whites are pretty plush everywhere, even the side panels

you won't be disappointed, they're definitely one of my favorite pairs

Man RIP to those shadows. I can't front I have very little glitter damage on my SBBs. If I had a pair of shadows that looked like the pair above I would be highly upset.

My SBB's barely have the glitter but it's hard to notice unless you have the shoe up to your face. If my 1s end up with that glitter stuff, I may return all of my pairs to Nike.

this is hella offtopic, but that reminds me of seeing a pair of Bapestas in Germany in the early 2000s. I assumed they were super special AF1s by their high price and didn´t know what Bape was.

About 2 years later the Bape-craze started and I went back there..the whole store was gone at this point. I to this day can´t fathom how a store in Cologne had Bape shoes, since there is not a single store in Germany (to this day) that carrys anything Bape. 

Meant to respond to this earlier but they may have been Fakes. Fake Bape was actually popping in a lot of the counterfeit communities long before Bape had its big US breakout.

I remember my dudes showing me pics of bapes on the same sites that sold LV and Gucci Jordan 11s, and this had to be around 01-03. In my hood we literally just called them AF1s with the stars.

I hate to say it but Cassidy was one of the first cats I really remember rocking a pair of Bapestas in a music video (I'm sure Pharrell had done it first).

Meant to respond to this earlier but they may have been Fakes. Fake Bape was actually popping in a lot of the counterfeit communities long before Bape had its big US breakout.

I remember my dudes showing me pics of bapes on the same sites that sold LV and Gucci Jordan 11s, and this had to be around 01-03. In my hood we literally just called them AF1s with the stars.

I hate to say it but Cassidy was one of the first cats I really remember rocking a pair of Bapestas in a music video (I'm sure Pharrell had done it first).
I don´t know.. would be very unusual to have fake sneakers at a store here. We don´t even have street-vendors with fake Gucci bags and all that stuff you may find in other european countrys, the law is very strict.I was too young then and not into sneakers so I can´t even remember what kind of store it was.. maybe they imported stuff from Japan. Just a thing I remembered since I was heavy into Bape a few years after that and would have loved to have a shop where I could actually see some pieces :smile:

Anybody we can tweet these photos to? I'd really like to know why the shoes I intended to keep for many years are now glittering :smh:

Last edited:
Damn I need to check my 1s later when I get home from work for #glittergate too.. havent noticed this ever

I have a few that are doing the same thing. my DS Vegas RTTG's are probably the worst. does anyone think it will degrade the shoe or is it just a visual flaw?

Back
Top Bottom