[::Official AFC PLAYOFFS: CHARGERS @ STEELERS - 1:45pm PT CBS (GAME PREVIEW ADDED PG. 1)::]

^ yup ben is playing, says hes healthy

this game got me so anxious i can't sit in one damn place all morning and its not even close to kickoff. and the raptors play the celtics tonight. eitherim gonna be real happy at the end of the night or my new remote is gonna meet the drywall faster than the speed of sound.

Chargers 0-13 at Pittsburgh in the regular season.

Chargers 2-0 at Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Explain that one for me.

Hopefully it's a good game, except for one Steelers fan I've talked to, most are actually giving the Chargers some respect, which is refreshingcompared to the Colts fans from last week.

Explain that one for me
That 1994 game STILL annoys me. Man, the Steelers should've taken that game, but Stan Humphries led the Chargers to the win. STAN HUMPHRIES? AHHHH.

Gotta contain Sproles, have to hit him hard early and get him off his game.

smh.gif
i just realized i have to work during the game today . .
smh.gif
smh.gif

Hopefully the field doesn't mess the the Chargers running game .. they said the field is a little wet and muddy
tired.gif

13-10 CHARGERS.

ATTENTION ALL S&T NIKETALKERS
Gameday WEATHER, PREDICTIONS, and INFO All Updated This Morning And Are On PAGE 1 in my ORIGINAL THREAD POST.

Good Morning and Good Luck to All.
pimp.gif

Worries:

Sproles... small backs give us problems in my opinion.

Jackson... dude could rip us apart if Rivers plays well.

Big Ben.. usually plays terrible coming off an injury. If we lose the turnover battle, we will have a hard time winning today. If we just take care of theball, I think that's enough to win really.

Berger... terrible punter... only on the roster because he happens to be a good holder and Reed is very comfortable with him holding. A bad punt or two couldreally cost us the game, and we've been toying with fate in that sense all season long.

Arians... ugh. Please make adjustments today, don't go down with your gameplan if it's not working.

I really hope the defense is jacked up today - i want them jumping routes and making plays, not playing this contain bend-not-break defense...we may need a fewpoints out of our D today.

And please... please... throw the ball to Hines early and often.

Anyways... Go Steelers!

^ and arians.. please please include more of heath miller. dude is pretty much money on short yardage and redzone mismatches

Originally Posted by brrraptors

^ and arians.. please please include more of heath miller. dude is pretty much money on short yardage and redzone mismatches

Agree completely... with deep threats like Nate and Holmes, you'd think Hines and Heath would make out like bandits... but they don't sometimes, forone reason or another. I really hope both Heath and Hines can grab about 8 catches each.. then again, i'd be most happy if we just didn't have to passtoday and were able to rush for about 300 yards instead.
laugh.gif

My roommate is @+*%@@+ irritating with his Charger fanboyism....

I really want him shut up...

Hines usually comes up big in "big" games. Heath is one of the best TE's in the game, drives me crazy when they don't go to him. I agreeabout Jackson and Rivers, that is somewhat worrisome, but the pass defense has been solid all year, not like last year where it started strong and gotworse...and worse...and worse. I have full faith in LeBeau if nothing else. Great article in NY Times about him

http://www.nytimes.com/20...=1&scp=1&sq=LeBeau&st=cse

Didn't have time to get Iron City, but I did get some Rolling Rock at least. Will have IC for next week if they win today.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Hines usually comes up big in "big" games. Heath is one of the best TE's in the game, drives me crazy when they don't go to him. I agree about Jackson and Rivers, that is somewhat worrisome, but the pass defense has been solid all year, not like last year where it started strong and got worse...and worse...and worse. I have full faith in LeBeau if nothing else. Great article in NY Times about him

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/09/sports/football/09steelers.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=LeBeau&st=csehttp://www.nytimes.com/20...&sq=LeBeau&st=cse

Didn't have time to get Iron City, but I did get some Rolling Rock at least. Will have IC for next week if they win today.

laugh.gif
noooooo... RR is brewed in Jersey now!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

j/k, i still enjoy a nice Rock every now and again, and i'm not a big IC fan personally... but it's nice to have one when you get in the burgh.

How bout you go real big time next week and get some Penn Pilsner?
pimp.gif

I can't stand it that it is not in Latrobe anymore. Stupid stupid stupid. IC is pretty bad, IC Light isn't terrible though, that is what I will usuallyget for Steeler games

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Any word on how the weather is at this very moment?
cold. cloudy. maybe a little breeze now and again. typical january in pittsburgh.

hopefully our running game is on point today. it'll be incredibly huge to have a 100yd game from the rb, it'll elevate so much pressure off ofben's shoulders.

im SO nervous i can barely cup my coffee mug, either that or ive had too much caffeine.

Bill Cowher with a guarantee that the steelers will win
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
miss seeing him on the sidelines, class act.

Getting close now! I will probably not post for a bit, but I think we all know the keys to the game. GO STEELERS!

Back
Top Bottom