Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm tired of just doing the regular degular 360. I wanna go 720. Does anyone know the which direction to brush to get the formation right? I've looked around but haven't seen anything solid on the instructions.

DO NOT PUT A TEXTURIZER IN YOUR HAIR! You shouldn't be putting any chemicals on your hair and scalp.

That's one of the reasons why dudes go bald early. Your hair doesn't need to have curls to get waves. I don't

know where that came from. Your hair does need to have a somewhat coarse texture.

To the dude that asked can a nappy headed guy get waves. Yes you can. Cut your hair low to start. From that

point brush your hair (you have to discipline your hair) in the pattern you want it to wave. Brush and brush and brush.

It's a good idea to not cut your hair for about a month, just get line-ups. After that time period is up, you should have

a nice pattern. They key to waves is brushing. Once you get used it and your hair is disciplined, less brushing is required.

DO NOT PUT A TEXTURIZER IN YOUR HAIR! You shouldn't be putting any chemicals on your hair and scalp.

That's one of the reasons why dudes go bald early. Your hair doesn't need to have curls to get waves. I don't

know where that came from. Your hair does need to have a somewhat coarse texture.

To the dude that asked can a nappy headed guy get waves. Yes you can. Cut your hair low to start. From that

point brush your hair (you have to discipline your hair) in the pattern you want it to wave. Brush and brush and brush.

It's a good idea to not cut your hair for about a month, just get line-ups. After that time period is up, you should have

a nice pattern. They key to waves is brushing. Once you get used it and your hair is disciplined, less brushing is required.
A 1 time texturizer wont hurt, if he does it constantly then yes it'll kill your roots.After a cut of 2 your hair will be trained and back to its original form.

A 1 time texturizer wont hurt, if he does it constantly then yes it'll kill your roots.After a cut of 2 your hair will be trained and back to its original form.
You're right man. I wasn't trying to start anything. I'm just totally against putting any chemicals in your hair.

Greezee knows exactly what he's talking about. I also agree about not putting chemicals in your hair.

Why did you stop using one? I won't stop using one because I want my hair to lay down more easily. I know it can get smooth by just brushing it

but the du rag completely compresses my hair without any strands sticking up.
Cousin told me it didn't make a difference, was never really a fan anyway so I figured I'd see if he was right. 

I gotta cowlick so there's like a patch that grows weird

For the guys who cut their own hair, do you cut with or against the waves?

Always cut with the grain.

Edit: Lucky what kind of cut is that and why do you have a fade without a line almost to the middle of the back of your head? Is that supposed to be a temp fade? :nerd:

Last edited:

Regarding the nappy hair I asked out of curiosity, didn't see how it would be possible to get waves with that kind of hair. When I look at you guys pictures it seems like you have a good texture of hair which allows you to get the waves.

My hair is straight, and when I get cuts [dark ceasar], it just lays flat with a few ripples. I'm wolfing right now, so if I brush hard enough and long enough I should be able to get them?

Last edited:
Regarding the nappy hair I asked out of curiosity, didn't see how it would be possible to get waves with that kind of hair. When I look at you guys pictures it seems like you have a good texture of hair which allows you to get the waves.

My hair is straight, and when I get cuts [dark ceasar], it just lays flat with a few ripples. I'm wolfing right now, so if I brush hard enough and long enough I should be able to get them?
Since you said you're wolfing now, have you been brushing your hair? If you haven't, then you're going to have to start over. As I stated earlier, you have to discipline your hair to wave. Starting while you're wolfing won't do much because your hair is already longer. You have to start brushing while your hair is shorter. How long have you been wolfing? If it's been a week or a little over, you can still make it. Brush man, brush. You really have to brush since your hair hasn't been disciplined. After you get it the way you want it, you will not have to brush all of the time anymore.

I need a run down on the coconut oil and which brand to get. Someone said it's better than olive oil and I'd like a few reasons as to why also.

Been wolfing for about 3 weeks. I'm gonna get a cut today. Been on my grind with the brushing and here's what I got

Last edited:
I need a run down on the coconut oil and which brand to get. Someone said it's better than olive oil and I'd like a few reasons as to why also.

Any brand just make sure it's extra virgin, you don't want it processed at all. Both are good and I really don't know of any trade offs other than coconut oil is a bit greasy but so is olive oil. I prefer coconut oil because I find it a bit lighter and it's smell in the summer time :pimp:

How do you gives feel about Sportin' Wave?
That's the only brand I use. I have tried other brands but they don't work for me. The gold can (maximum hold) works best for me. I like it a lot. My hair stays in place for the most, even while playing ball. Most people find it greasy but I don't. You don't have to use a lot of it and one can will last at least two months.

Any brand just make sure it's extra virgin, you don't want it processed at all. Both are good and I really don't know of any trade offs other than coconut oil is a bit greasy but so is olive oil. I prefer coconut oil because I find it a bit lighter and it's smell in the summer time :pimp:

I appreciate the info

Always cut with the grain.

Cutting with the grain is sometimes harder because you can leave a patch in the crown area and cutting against the grain can be trouble some because you must have the correct guards that = your ideal cut for your waves.

Whats a good shampoo that doesnt make your hair dry & smells good

I've been messing with Doo Gro shampoo for a little, works nicely and my hair isn't that dry after.

Tip: Use colder water to rinse your hair, it should leave your hair with having a nice natural shine without products.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom