Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

how authentic are those cooperstown throwbacks I see on ebay? found some bonds ones but they seem suspicious as hell.

one day I will get a bonds jersey one day.

Tim Hudson (0-2) 3.93 ERA, 1.42 WHIP vs. Jorge De La Rosa (0-1) 31.50 ERA, 5.00 WHIP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Duffy, 2B (R)
Pagan, CF (S)
Posey, 1B (R)
Maxwell, RF (R)
Susac, C (R)
McGehee, 3B (R)
Crawford, SS (L)
Hudson, RHP (R)

Colorado Rockies Lineup
Blackmon, CF (L)
Dickerson, LF (L)
Tulowitzki, SS (R)
Morneau, 1B (L)
Arenado, 3B (R)
Gonzalez, RF (L)
Hundley, C (R)
LeMahie, 2B (R)
De La Rosa, LHP (L)

Agreed. Susac is the reason I was so strongly advocating for Buster to move to third base in the offseason (combined with the fact that our organization seems to think Belt is the second coming of Will Clark).

What makes you think Buster can play 3rd? Just curious. I know he played short in college for a bit but catcher has taken a lot of his athleticism away.

At some point, our organization is going to have to choose between Belt and Susac.
Hope they move Buster to 1st and keep Susac.

Agreed. Susac is the reason I was so strongly advocating for Buster to move to third base in the offseason (combined with the fact that our organization seems to think Belt is the second coming of Will Clark).

I use to defend Belt because what he could of developed into but 4 years later he's still inconsistent :smh:

What makes you think Buster can play 3rd? Just curious. I know he played short in college for a bit but catcher has taken a lot of his athleticism away.

Saying he played there for "a bit in college" is putting it incredibly lightly. Posey WAS a shortstop. He wasnt a catcher who played there sometimes. Short was his natural position. Obviously he is not as athletic as he was when he was 21....which is why third would be a better option than short in the Majors.

Bottom line, if we want to extend Posey's career, he needs to move from behind the dish. Otherwise we may have a Joe Mauer on our hands.

***EDIT*** 20,000th post :pimp:

Last edited:
Saying he played there for "a bit in college" is putting it incredibly lightly. Posey WAS a shortstop. He wasnt a catcher who played there sometimes. Short was his natural position. Obviously he is not as athletic as he was when he was 21....which is why third would be a better option than short in the Majors.

Bottom line, if we want to extend Posey's career, he needs to move from behind the dish. Otherwise we may have a Joe Mauer on our hands.

He only played shortstop as a freshmen and college infielders are a far cry from major league infielders as evidenced by Alex Gordon and Ryan Braun moving positions once they got up. So far Buster has played almost a quarter of his career away from catcher which is very comparable to the GOAT at catcher Johnny Bench so while we may have to eventually move him away from the position it likely won't be a for a while unless something drastic like the concussions Mauer suffered occur. The rule changes regarding catchers offer even more incentive for him to remain their for awhile. His defensive prowess is too much to give up as he's consistently rated as one of the top defensive catchers since he's come in the league and may be the best pitch framer in baseball after Lucroy and Molina. Not to mention his offense is a bit more valuable at catcher than it would be at first or 3rd, but I regress.

I fall in the camp that is just done with Belt. He's not playing a premium position so as much as I like his defense it's expendable and his offense has consistently disappointed. I had the same issue with Sandoval in that they never live up to their offensive potential and we're all just waiting for them to break out. The difference being Pablo showed up in the postseason big time and outside of a much needed 18th inning homer Belt has done nothing. If we're not planning to move Susac for a pitching prospect I'm hoping the Giants' brass move him to full time first basemen.

Back
Top Bottom