Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Justin Steele havin the worst game I've seen him pitch, but top of the 5th the offense picks him up (down 6-1)

Tauchman double
Suzuki infield single
Bellinger K
Morel K
Happ HBP
Hoerner RBI BB
Busch RBI BB
Mastrobini RBI BB
Gomes RBI BB
Tauchman RBI infield single

Then pouring rain stops the inning/game, it's 6-6. :lol:

After the rain delay:

Tauchman double
Suzuki infield single
Bellinger K
Morel K
Happ HBP
Hoerner RBI BB
Busch RBI BB
Mastrobini RBI BB
Gomes RBI BB
Tauchman RBI infield single
Suzuki RBI BB
Bellinger RBI BB
Madrigal lines out to CF (Morel lifted with sore knee)

Both in the 2nd inning. :wow:

BTW, Seiya with a Triple in the 1st, and a Home Run in the 2nd........ 👀

Obvious Shirts is on it

1717699829742.png

It's time to sell. Bellinger, Happ, Nico, anyone else. This team sucks. I wanna see a kid in every position. Fire Jed and dismantle the team.

Went to the Ryan Sandberg statue dedication and game today. Game was a disappointment with a few high points, but the statue dedication was great. All the legends were there (Billy, Fergie, Sutcliffe, Dawson and a lot of the late 80s guys). Shawon Dunston, Dave Owen, and Bob Costas all gave great speeches before, and the statue looks great. Ryno definitely had some input into the design of the statue, as he wanted a defensive position with the pullover jersey, and the flip up sunglasses. Bill Murray was there too, and Ryno looked and sounded good. All the players and stadium employees came and watched from above. Very cool.

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

And then the team lost again. We suck.

I knew it was going to be rough when Assad went to a full count with basically every batter in the first inning. And other than Morel's 2-run homer, offense was weak as hell. Couldn't have been better weather though, and was a good vibe in general. First game I've been to this year and it always feels good to be in at Wrigley.

The way things are going right now, I'll be surprised if some folks don't start losin their jobs. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom