Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

He made it thru six and two third. Helluvan effort from Jake. 1 run, 3 hits, 9 K's.

Now need just two innings from the pen, and arrested Davis gets at least one of them.

The 8th tho..... :frown:

Well.......

Joe goes to Davis now, needing both the 8th, and the 9th. And Davis gives up a Homer to the first batter he faces. :smh:

I hope Davis throws the 8th and use the rest of the pen for the 9th. Crazy, but will be bottom of the order in 9th. (Hopefully)

Jake is 3-0 in elimination games.

He would be good for 2-3-4 innings in a game 7 if we can get there.

Almora CF
Schwarber LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Russell SS
Baez 2B
Zobrist RF
Quintana P

Zobrist can't hit for **** from the right side, and Kershaw kills right handers. And we take a huge hit on defense over Heyward. I don't understand this move, but hopefully he comes up big one more time for us.

We need 7 solid innings from Q today. I know it’s a lot to ask but we can’t leave it to the pen. Strop has to bring it.

Welp...... Q lasts TWO innings. :smh:

3-0, bases loaded, no outs. We are in bad, bad shape right off the bat.

Lackey is gonna have to pitch in this game. :lol: :frown:

Annnnnnd, Grand Slam, 7-0.

:smh:

Rondon gives up another homer. Just brutal.

6 runs in 2+ innings from Q.

That’s our season there fellas. 9-0. There bats are on fire and our pitching is terrible. We might as well start talking about the off-season!

Well, Kris Bryant finally gets one out, 9-1

Cubs all time Home Runs in the postseason

Bryant 6
Rizzo 6
Schwarber 6
Baez 5
Fowler 5

Yep I'm going to watch until the 27th out. Yes it''ll suck seeing the Dodgers celebrate in our ballpark. But at least there aren't any cubs fans that are suffering because of 2016. Dissapointed of course. But it's not like how it was before....Theo really did change the culture and brought sustained success. I fully trust Theo in fixing the things that need to be fixed. I'm going to miss saying and seeing the words defending champions next to the cubs though. Has to end sometime right? :lol:

Hope the guys do a curtain call because it's been a heck of a ride. Until Opening Day 2018....

#Cubs #CubsFanSince1987 #NotHangingMyHead

Back
Top Bottom