Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Can't be letting these type of games get away from us like that.
Had a chance to make 2-0 coming back home.

Pen's gotta do better.

Where is everyone at??? CP should not be the only one posting here.
C'mon fellas!! Let's get it!!

its hard for me to watch the game and post. i will try on monday. i will access NT from my phone. i wish NT had an app or some.

Lineup for Game 3

Jay CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Zobrist 2B
Schwarber LF
Heyward RF
Russell SS
Quintana P

Scherzer is tough, need to make him work, see how long he can pitch and how locked in he can be. If he's wild, this whole team needs to be patient and drive up his pitch count, try to drive a couple out of the park like we did last year against him.

Meth is probably a Nats supporter, he ain’t trying to rock with us right now.
I know he’s a Wiz fan, the guy is a solid contributor in the Wizards threads every year.

He needs to slide thru and hook the homie SJ up. We got a deep dish pizza on the way meth.

I agree. Work the count, make him expend more energy, be more aggressive with base runners.

I think Q is our best arm going into the playoffs.

Terrible play in Left by Schwarber gives up the first run of the game. Should have been a 1-2-3 inning and into the bottom of the 6th scoreless. :smh:

Schwarber needs to hit a bomb to make up for this. Make it up to Q, Kyle....

Almora!!!!!!!!!!! :pimp:

Pinch hit single, his first career hit in the postseason ties it up at 1.

He pinch hit for......Kyle Schwarber. :pimp:

That was some intense baseball.

Respect. Just knew the Cubs would respond and pick up Schwarber after his botched play. Game wasn't going to end 1-0.

Series likely over tomorrow. Tanner Roark should get lit up.

Cheers

One hell of a nail biting game! Glad the Cubs pulled it out. Not very often you make 4 errors in a game and get no hit for 6 or so innings and win. Bill Murray lit em up during the 7th inning stretch.

Need prime Jake tomorrow. Don't give Stras another shot. Finish it at Wrigley with our Ace.

Jay CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Zobrist RF
Schwarber LF
Russell SS
Baez 2B
Arrieta P

Outfield defense is dicey, but infield defense is outstanding. Let's hope Jake keeps the ball on the ground today.

Get a lead early, get Heyward/Almora in the outfield late.

We beat Stras, we beat Scherzer.

We lost to Gio.

Don't matter who pitches, gotta beat the best to be the best. Go get a W behind Jake.

Sounds like Roark really is starting.

Jake has not pitched in a while, hopefully he can at least get us 5, Monty for 2?

CJ/Strop/Davis from there.

With the Nats starting Stras, the Cubs swap out Schwarber for Heyward. Sounds like the wind is blowing in, so should be low scoring, defense may be more important. We'll see. Also sounds like Heyward has hit Stras better than Kyle has so far.

Jay CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Zobrist LF
Russell SS
Heyward RF
Baez 2B
Arrieta P

Solid L/R balance throughout the lineup, and with Happ/Almora/Schwarber/LaStella off the bench.

Give me 6 strong Jake and let's finish this and not risk goin back to Washington.

Back
Top Bottom