OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PAC 12 won’t be around next year at this point. Since Larry Scott was allowed to run the conference into the ground, just how it is at this point. He doesn’t hold all the blame though, the schools could have ousted him at any given time and never had the balls to do it. Now it has come back to bite them in the ***.

As a Beavers fan it is tough. Just finished our full expansion for Reser Stadium. Crazy that the first year in it might be the last year in a major conference. That is a big hit to the school and program.

Probably see Jonathan Smith get poached now by a bigger program within the next couple of years as well. Though I think there was already a good probability of that, if the Beavs can’t get into the Big 10 or Big 12, they won’t have the funds to retain him and that will just accelerate.

A lot of fans complain about NIL but conference realignment is by far my least favorite part about modern college football. One of the interesting things about college football was always the regional aspect of the sport.

The West Coast (Pac-10/Pac-12) was known for QB driven, pass happy offensive football, the Midwest (Big 10) was known for smash mouth, run-based offenses and good defense. Now everything is becoming so homogenous and kind of boring.

It’s a byproduct of it becoming a more national sport. I miss the regional quirks too, but I don’t miss the BCS or the MNC. It’s easy for me to say this as a Michigan fan, but I’d still take current state of affairs over what we had.

Also a lot of those B1G smash mouth offenses weren’t particularly good. They weren’t 90’s Nebraska or Harbaugh era Stanford that wanted to dominate their opponents physically but do it in creative ways. A lot of those teams were simply smashing their head against the wall.

Yep they need to just jump ship as we all know the Pac is going down quickly. Kind of hard to fathom P12 football could be in a terrible spot next year and/or look totally different if they are able to add 4-6 schools in a couple years.

It’s a byproduct of it becoming a more national sport. I miss the regional quirks too, but I don’t miss the BCS or the MNC. It’s easy for me to say this as a Michigan fan, but I’d still take current state of affairs over what we had.

Also a lot of those B1G smash mouth offenses weren’t particularly good. They weren’t 90’s Nebraska or Harbaugh era Stanford that wanted to dominate their opponents physically but do it in creative ways. A lot of those teams were simply smashing their head against the wall.
And let’s not forget how bad some of the SEC offenses were before these changes. Think we romanticize it because of the nostalgia.

I don't know why I'm surprised, but I'm still always surprised to hear stories like this. There's nobody there in a coaching position thinking they shouldn't be allowing this to happen?

I absolutely hated that brand of football for the B1G. Watching Ohio State have so much talent get wasted in Tressel’s awful offenses got so old man

I don't know why I'm surprised, but I'm still always surprised to hear stories like this. There's nobody there in a coaching position thinking they shouldn't be allowing this to happen?

Exactly why I think it’s odd that Fitz was the only one to go and even hiring someone from that staff to be the head coach

Schools like WSU, OSU, that don't get into the Big 12 or B1G are definitely getting screwed over. Those programs gotta be pissed rn.

Bruh everyone wanted realignment and NIL :lol:

Folks really thought it would close the gap between the haves and have nots. It’s only going to widen that gap going forward.

The next few years are going to be the most exciting couple of years for CFB

Only fans of top programs say that. The rest of everyone else is becoming increasingly disinterested.

Let all the AMATEUR ATHLETICS AND STUDENT ATHLETES PEOPLE go cheer for the leftovers. The big boys can be pseudo professional sports.

Only fans of top programs say that. The rest of everyone else is becoming increasingly disinterested.

I agree, but this is what people were clamoring about a couple of years ago. “Leveling the playing field” and all that because people got tired of the same teams in the playoffs/in title contention.

B1G after Dark will get some used to saying
dame2 (3).png

Back
Top Bottom