OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went to sleep before halftime because I thought the game was over. I'm an old head on the east coast 🤣. Cormani really must be terrible if he can't get playing time over thks Omarion Cooper. I did see some clips of Cormani getting cooked against Az St last week so I guess he's really just not ready mentally or physically.

Looking at Colorado's schedule, I don't see another win.

Screenshot_20231014_050313_ESPN.jpg

Going to be interesting to see how the Coach Prime keeps the team together and how fans respond. I already see some fans jumping ship. Colorado is no longer the hot, interesting team. There's no misconceptions about what they can accomplish this year (Winning the conference, winning the Heisman,etc). Now they are just a below average P5 team. Are all of the new fans going to stick around?

Also I don't think it was fair to Travis Hunter to play 110+ snaps in his first game coming back from injury. No wonder he was getting cooked.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't understand the economics of graduate assistants.

Dan Lanning give a great interview where he talked about being a GA for 4-5 years and making $1200/month while married with three kids. Why are they paid so little? How do they expect people to live?

Went to bed after the Bosco Mater Dei game and CU was up 22-0. What in the actual eff??? Stanford is basura and they somehow found the end zone…. Prime needs some solid OL/DL and those guys take time to develop… Can’t see him doing it with HS and portal guys… Rest of the schedule is tough

Not Sure What’s Crazier.

Going To Bed In The 3rd When Colorado Is Up 29-0 And See They Lost.

Or The Fact That They Ended Up Giving Up 46 Points. :sick:

Capitalism

I don't think it's a capitalism issue. Market forces aren't forcing schools (especially the large schools) to pay their GA's poverty wages. The NCAA puts a cap on how much schools can pay them.

I would imagine that this is an effort to even the playing field so big schools aren't paying their GA's top dollar which would put small schools at a disadvantage but I just don't understand why the cap is so little.

They literally expect these guys to work a full-time job (A lot of these guys are working similar hours to assistant coaches which means 12-14 hr days) while making $20K per year?

I don't think it's a capitalism issue. Market forces aren't forcing schools (especially the large schools) to pay their GA's poverty wages. The NCAA puts a cap on how much schools can pay them.

I would imagine that this is an effort to even the playing field so big schools aren't paying their GA's top dollar which would put small schools at a disadvantage but I just don't understand why the cap is so little.

They literally expect these guys to work a full-time job (A lot of these guys are working similar hours to assistant coaches which means 12-14 hr days) while making $20K per year?

I do agree they should be paid a way better wage but I think their motivation is becoming an assistant/head coach some day and these days that is life changing money for a lot of people. I couldn’t put up with that and he paid pennys though, good for them I guess

Last edited:

Yea, but I assume the cap was set years ago. The fact that it hasn’t adjusted can really only be explained by capitalism. Their justification will be that the GAs are getting a paid for graduate degree, but let’s be serious the NCAA doesn’t care about evening the playing field for smaller schools. They’d put a cap on things like analysts or how much those guys could be paid if they did. This is all about exploiting the people at the bottom of the totem pole.

I’d go Caleb, Trevor, and Joe.

Caleb’s having to do it all himself. Joe was surrounded by elite talent and Trevor had a complete team on both sides of the ball.

All 3 are great though

Back
Top Bottom