Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Lmao the red carpet is really laid out for this guys career
As it should be. He's literally the only boxer trying to challenge himself and reach greatness while the rest if the dudes around him are too afraid to fight each other to save themselves for a chance to fight him.

He started at 147 and is going to fight at Cruiserweight with rumors of him eyeing a Bridgerweight title next, it's impressive.

As it should be. He's literally the only boxer trying to challenge himself and reach greatness while the rest if the dudes around him are too afraid to fight each other to save themselves for a chance to fight him.

He started at 147 and is going to fight at Cruiserweight with rumors of him eyeing a Bridgerweight title next, it's impressive.

I agree with the part about the dudes around him not fighting each other.

I'm laughing at the part of "challenging himself" to reach greatness. Challenging himself to reach greatness would be fighting and beating all of the BEST fighters in AND AROUND his weight class regardless of titles. Of course this is just MY criteria.

Bouncing around weight classes picking up titles to improve your legacy on paper isnt challenging yourself to reach greatness. They're changing rules as they go to create a legacy for him. You're probably just ignoring it but it's pretty obvious what's going on from them throwing in the vacant wbc belt for the Callum smith fight to now having the wbc change the weight limit on the cruiserweight division lol.

On another note, I'm pretty convinced david benavidez got paid some good money under the table to purposely "miss weight" to clear the way for canelo to become undisputed super middleweight champion without those two actually having to meet in the ring 🤷🏿‍♂️

I agree with the part about the dudes around him not fighting each other.

I'm laughing at the part of "challenging himself" to reach greatness. Challenging himself to reach greatness would be fighting and beating all of the BEST fighters in AND AROUND his weight class regardless of titles. Of course this is just MY criteria.

Bouncing around weight classes picking up titles to improve your legacy on paper isnt challenging yourself to reach greatness. They're changing rules as they go to create a legacy for him. You're probably just ignoring it but it's pretty obvious what's going on from them throwing in the vacant wbc belt for the Callum smith fight to now having the wbc change the weight limit on the cruiserweight division lol.

On another note, I'm pretty convinced david benavidez got paid some good money under the table to purposely "miss weight" to clear the way for canelo to become undisputed super middleweight champion without those two actually having to meet in the ring 🤷🏿‍♂️
The WBC changing the limit is old news bro. That was already said to be happening when the Bridgerweight class was announced. You're acting like they're doing it for him. Just because you just found out doesn't mean its a conspiracy. The reason this fight is being announced now is because the WBC conference is happening as we speak and this is the time for boxers to ask which is why Reynoso went and asked for this fight.

You convincing yourself and making **** up about Benavidez being paid to miss weight just proves what color lenses you're viewing the situation through. Benavidez is fighting bums while missing weight being undisciplined, while Canelos last 8 of 11 fights have been for belts.

People just hate dude for no reason.

The WBC changing the limit is old news bro. That was already said to be happening when the Bridgerweight class was announced. You're acting like they're doing it for him. Just because you just found out doesn't mean its a conspiracy. The reason this fight is being announced now is because the WBC conference is happening as we speak and this is the time for boxers to ask which is why Reynoso went and asked for this fight.

You convincing yourself and making **** up about Benavidez being paid to miss weight just proves what color lenses you're viewing the situation through. Benavidez is fighting bums while missing weight being undisciplined, while Canelos last 8 of 11 fights have been for belts.

People just hate dude for no reason.
Lol ok bro

I like Benavidez but Canelo stops Benavidez in 8rds. Benavidez is too stationary and he got dropped by Ronald Gavril. I would like to See Benavidez Vs Charlo though.

Cruiserweight is no man's land. Canelo doesn't have much out there for him, but that weight class is not it. Opponents Canelo should be looking at to finish out his career IMO:

Beterbiev
Bivol
GGG
Charlo

(maybes)
Andrade
Dirrell
Lemiuex
Jacobs rematch

I left off Benavidez, Mungia, and Zurdo Ramirez as I don't think those fights are likely given what Canelo has said.

Cruiserweight is no man's land. Canelo doesn't have much out there for him, but that weight class is not it. Opponents Canelo should be looking at to finish out his career IMO:

Beterbiev
Bivol
GGG
Charlo

(maybes)
Andrade
Dirrell
Lemiuex
Jacobs rematch

I left off Benavidez, Mungia, and Zurdo Ramirez as I don't think those fights are likely given what Canelo has said.

Stop it bro you're making too much sense pointing out the obvious lol. You must "hate" canelo doing that. I didnt even need to go into the fact that if he was really "challenging" himself he'd probably be fighting Lawrence okolie or mairis breidis. But nah, he just so happens to be fighting Makabu, no different than fighting a faded drunk kovalev instead of beterbiev of bivol. I must hate the man to be talking like this though lol🤷🏿‍♂️

Stop it bro you're making too much sense pointing out the obvious lol. You must "hate" canelo doing that. I didnt even need to go into the fact that if he was really "challenging" himself he'd probably be fighting Lawrence okolie or mairis breidis. But nah, he just so happens to be fighting Makabu, no different than fighting a faded drunk kovalev instead of beterbiev of bivol. I must hate the man to be talking like this though lol🤷🏿‍♂️
And who else is jumping two, three weight classes and fighting champions? Tell me? The fact he's jumping up to cruiser is tough by itself, regardless of who he fights. Canelo is 5'8 man, you're trippin. You're so used to seeing Canelo do great things that you're moving the goalposts. Ya'll keep asking for Charlo and GGG but they haven't even fought at 168. GGG been sittin on his couch for years now, and Charlo is getting touched up by bums.

Canelo is trying to get on that Roy Jones level and be great, people just hate to see it.

Yall forgetting that dude just undesputed a division is 11 months. He fought four times within a year. What other boxer, let alone champion is doing that? You guys are lucky hes not fighting a bum because he's owed one purely based off of activity. Just appreciate what he's doing instead of hating.

And who else is jumping two, three weight classes and fighting champions? Tell me? The fact he's jumping up to cruiser is tough by itself, regardless of who he fights. Canelo is 5'8 man, you're trippin. You're so used to seeing Canelo do great things that you're moving the goalposts. Ya'll keep asking for Charlo and GGG but they haven't even fought at 168. GGG been sittin on his couch for years now, and Charlo is getting touched up by bums.

Canelo is trying to get on that Roy Jones level and be great, people just hate to see it.
He’s actually closer to 5 ft 10

Nah.. hes 5'8". During the tale of the tape vs plant they had him at 5'7.5" lol
file_180725_1_Mayweather_Alvarez_Texas_faceoff_2_esther_lin_showtime.jpg

yungmatt

how do u feel about gervonta jumping weight classes hand picking opponents?
It’s like YouTubers boxing with these pbc guys

Yeah dudes are not appreciating what Canelo is doing. You name a dude fighting that often in the last year like he has against champions? with absolutely ZERO signs of slipping up or holes in his game.

We are lucky to even see the other guys fight once a year and they are fighting your local Uber or Cab drivers.

Saul said he was gonna take a long break and coming back in May.. he built different. Some of these dudes take years off in between fights and he just smoked a division in less than a year

Out of curiosity, what is canelo's signature win of his career so far?

Non controversial of course.

“Champions” huh :lol:

The move to cruiser is unnecessary though. There is no real competition there, those guys are just a means to add another weight class to his resume for the sake of adding it. Let's call a spade a spade. Canelo deserves a lot credit for unifying 168, no doubt about that. The tougher/better fights are at 175 and below. There isn't a lot around him, but what little there is isn't that high up in weight class.

Canelo just padding his legacy on paper jumping to cruiserweight to fight a bum. He clear out 168, so go clear out 175. Smith, Bivol, zurdo, berbitev, but he won’t do it, because he’s scared to lose there.

I am still waiting on Canelo signature win… someone give me one 😅😅😅

canelo is lucky Ward or RJJ are retired. he would get worked. Sheesh even money may still beats this Canelo now 😅😅😅

Back
Top Bottom