OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Independence is a death sentence.

The Pac12 is dying.

They need to be SPRINTING to the Big10.

College football is dying if you ask me. :lol:

Good for y'all blue bloods and SEC folks, but the rest of everyone be caring less and less. Same people don't see that as a problem.

College football is dying if you ask me. :lol:

Good for y'all blue bloods and SEC folks, but the rest of everyone be caring less and less. Same people don't see that as a problem.
I’d agree. And it’s mostly due to conference re-alignment in general. Short sighted move by OU/Texas expedited it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with SC joining but if I was an SC fan, I’d probably only be ok with it if ND was coming along.

Are y’all really all that hyped to be playing the likes of Wisco, Iowa, and Nebraska every year?

I understand the more money argument but your problems on the field stem from your awful admin and coaching hire decisions, not the PAC 12.

I understand the more money argument but your problems on the field stem from your awful admin and coaching hire decisions, not the PAC 12.
Yes, but only in part.

Again, that is a popular outsider opinion that doesn't understand how bad the Pac 12 conference leadership has been.

Just on a tl;dr level, Larry Scott and his associates used the conference as a cash grab and made decisions to consolidate and retain power as opposed to improving athletics. Scott didn't even like football as a product. He openly talked about how he wanted it to be on the same level as the olympic sports and to have as much in league parity so a different team won every year. He bragged about this.

For that to succeed they had to fundamentally weaken USC's grasp and influence in the conference.

Or do you forget about the time this targeting call, after JT gave himself up on a play, was overturned when the Pac 12's director of business affairs from his couch literally phoned the in-game officials and told them not to eject Wazzu's best defender because it would spoil an upset bid?

targeting2.jpg

Does Clemson just not want to deal with Big Dave any longer?
Yes, but Dave is also shopping Matayo. It's gonna be competitive and Clemson doesn't want to get involved. Or knows they can't.

Couple that with the potential move away from DJ, and I'm guessing they're just lessening the ties with Dave now so that situation doesn't get any messier.

Dave handed them kids who wouldn't have gone out there otherwise. They probably felt some type of way with Flowe and Foreman, but it seems like they've forgotten what it was like before he was facilitating (ahem) trips out there. Let this be an 8-4 year...

Last edited:
Stewart Mandel brought up two things that I thought would make interesting off season topics. What are your thoughts on:

1. Mandel and Feldman talked about the difference between NIL collectives and NIL war chests. Mandel said the schools with the collectives are the one's getting all the 5 star players right now.

Feldman brought up a good point about NIL collectives chasing five stars, especially because thats the bang for the buck investment wise, and not pursuing glue guys.

Do you think collectives blindly chasing stars and high rated recruits will give them more influence on recruiting boards and because collectives aren't doing any real scouting and evaluation work, do you think this will lead to more busts at schools? (Because they're more about the recruiting battle wins and not making sure the fit is perfect.)

2. He asked a staffer how a coach was able to outright cut kids from the roster and was shown an NCAA bylaw exception that says a new incoming coach can remove players and have them not count towards the scholarship limit as long as the school maintains their scholarship and all benefits that came with it except use of football facilities.

How do we feel about that? Is it basically just legalizing and putting out in the open the thing teams have always done when they "processed" kids?

(Players at USC have matter of factly talked about how some of last year's players were cut and told to transfer, and Riley in an interview said he intends to turn over 12-15 more roster positions via the transfer portal. I can't remember a coach ever talking so openly about telling kids to transfer.)

As long as the kids get to keep their schollys and all the benefits that come with that, I don’t have problem. It’s definitely less problematic than just medicalling everyone.

I wasn’t aware it was a rule either tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom