OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fhqeheyhskj51.jpg

He’s doing a great thing with voting and the school. That’s the work.

I will say that The events of the past 24 hours leads me to believe he’s been trying to get ahead of actually wanting to play :lol:. I think He most def wanted to play, and was truly blindsided by the Bucks. Moreso the fact that they didn’t consult with him, so he could prep how to be the face of it and handle it.

But the Bucks did not owe anybody anything. If they put pressure on guys to sit out, that really didn’t wanna sit out, that’s on those players for not being transparent about their ambitions.

Milwaukee didn't think it thru and just wanted to sit the 1 game out and thought it would all be said and done
aint tell no one ****

forced everyones hand so Bron AND KAWHI was like bet we dipping then and the rest of the lakers and clippers follow suit pretty much putting the pressure on Bucks
thats what i'm getting out of it

Plus the NBPA really laying out the CBA **** to the players

but end of the day none of us really know **** and we speculating cuz all the media reporters are saying different things by the hour lol

Bucks didn’t force anyone’s hands. Bron, Kawhi, and their teams can still leave if they want. Im not liking the switch I’m seeing trying to blame the Bucks for deciding to take a stand.

He’s doing a great thing with voting and the school. That’s the work.

I will say that The events of the past 24 hours leads me to believe he’s been trying to get ahead of actually wanting to play :lol:. I think He most def wanted to play, and was truly blindsided by the Bucks. Moreso the fact that they didn’t consult with him, so he could prep how to be the face of it and handle it.

But the Bucks did not owe anybody anything. If they put pressure on guys to sit out, that really didn’t wanna sit out, that’s on those players for not being transparent about their ambitions.
valid point

ultimately he the face of the league tho and is gonna brunt the force of all the outside energy coming in lol

Look how that tap dancing fool Daniel 💀 Cameron is doing the Breanna Taylor situation. How many protests and boycotts are we seeing and that guy isn't budging? What these athletes did was courageous but they themselves can't do it alone. We need to boycott products, services and companies that are based in Wisconsin. We can help too. The economic power we yield will get results if we all make a choice that enough is enough.

First and foremost, shout out to y’all who have been in the thread over the past 24 hours. I appreciate the live updates, for better or worse, but more importantly everyone except for the trolls perspective on the matter :nthat: . Since before the restart was announced we’ve been talking about the concept of sports as a "distraction". Regardless of your stance, the fact that it is even up for debate is exactly why yesterday was important.

For one, yesterday’s strike brought social injustice issues to the forefront in a way that could have never happened without The Bubble. Two, it was a clear illustration that WE yield more power than THEY want us to realize. 13 black men, Kyle Korver and Pat Connaughton brought the sports world to its knees and got the entire country’s attention. I hope that the NBPA can come away from this with a meaningful win but the greater message is still powerful - if we act together, we can make serious noise.

As was said earlier, I absolutely don’t believe black people should be the ones to solve racism nor do I think it should be the job of professional athletes to ensure murderers are arrested or that police reform bills are passed. However, the NBA players demonstrated by taking a collective stand and through coordinated efforts we can create momentum. That’s easier said than done on a macro-level but there are well-established groups that are working in this space and players should be collaborating with them and/or getting owners to provide funding. Hell, I even believe there’s ways for each one of us to contribute in helping the movement inch forward in our own lives.

Yesterday’s unprecedented move spooked a lot of white people in power beyond just NBA owners. It’s getting public reactions from Wisconsin government officials, CEOs, Obama, Kushner, etc. THEY know we are fed up and hungrier than ever for change which is why they are going to extreme lengths to silence our voice, defame our character and take away our vote which is why we need to turnout in November.

Be safe fellas and keep your head on the swivel out there for Karen’s and cops. It’s unfortunately yet another burden we have to carry but our lives depend on it |l

Last edited:

Milwaukee didn't think it thru and just wanted to sit the 1 game out and thought it would all be said and done
aint tell no one ****

forced everyones hand so Bron AND KAWHI was like bet we dipping then and the rest of the lakers and clippers follow suit pretty much putting the pressure on Bucks
thats what i'm getting out of it

Plus the NBPA really laying out the CBA **** to the players

but end of the day none of us really know **** and we speculating cuz all the media reporters are saying different things by the hour lol

Whoever it was that referred to you as Savannah was absolutely right to do so. Goodness.

First and foremost, shout out to y’all who have been in the thread over the past 24 hours. I appreciate the live updates, for better or worse, but more importantly everyone except for the trolls perspective on the matter :nthat: . Since before the restart was announced we’ve been talking about the concept of sports as a "distraction". Regardless of your stance, the fact that it is even up for debate is exactly why yesterday was important.

For one, yesterday’s strike brought social injustice issues to the forefront in a way that could have never happened without The Bubble. Two, it was a clear illustration that WE yield more power than THEY want us to realize. 14 black men and Kyle Korver brought the sports world to its knees and got the entire country’s attention. I hope that the NBPA can come away from this with a meaningful win but the greater message is still powerful - if we act together, we can make serious noise.

As was said earlier, I absolutely don’t believe black people should be the ones to solve racism nor do I think it should be the job of professional athletes to ensure murderers are arrested or that police reform bills are passed. However, the NBA players demonstrated by taking a collective stand and through coordinated efforts we can create momentum. That’s easier said than done on a macro-level but there are well-established groups that are working in this space and players should be collaborating with them and/or getting owners to provide funding. Hell, I even believe there’s ways for each one of us to contribute in helping the movement inch forward in our own lives.

Yesterday’s unprecedented move spooked a lot of white people in power beyond just NBA owners. It’s getting public reactions from Wisconsin government officials, CEOs, Obama, Kushner, etc. THEY know we are fed up and hungrier than ever for change which is why they are going to extreme lengths to silence our voice, defame our character and take away our vote which is why we need to turnout in November.

Be safe fellas and keep your head on the swivel out there for Karen’s and cops. It’s unfortunately yet another burden we have to carry but our lives depend on it |l
Pat Connaughton Black now jk jk

Lebatard and his crew had me crying when they were talking about this ****

for the uninformed

on bomani’s last podcast with dominique dudes got into this and shhh was hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom